X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Favorite balloon to b2p

What's your favorite balloon to blow to pop?
    With my limited experience, mine is 16" Unique. They're quite easy to pop and a good balloon for beginners I think. they can be a bit unpredictable and pop prematurely though.
  • Looner Nisden
    • Mar 2016

Re: Favorite balloon to b2p

Definetely the 16'' Qualatex ones. They sometimes neck really well and end in a violent POP!

Comment

• Regular Guy
      • Aug 2015

I am not an B2P-expert because B2Ps are still very, very difficult for me but I already did some B2Ps.

From these experiences I can say that Belbal 10-12" are my favorites by now.
      They aren't too big which means that you don't need too much time to blow them until they pop and they are very predictable and almost never pop prematurely.
      But there's also a bit of an disadvantage, they aren't that easy to blow, the last breaths before they pop can be quite hard and the pops are quite loud and intense.

I also managed to do some B2Ps with Belbal 14" but they can take a lot of breaths even when the neck is already fully inflated and end with violent bang.
      But they are also very predictable.

I couldn't get comfortable with U16s because in my opinion they are too easy to blow, I am missing that certain "feedback" and "resistance" while blowing which gives me some kind of "security" and "comfort".
      But I have to say that I didn't have a lot of U16s yet, maybe just two or three, one popped all of a sudden just as the neck started to come out. This scared me a bit.

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Regular Guy
        I couldn't get comfortable with U16s because in my opinion they are too easy to blow, I am missing that certain "feedback" and "resistance" while blowing which gives me some kind of "security" and "comfort".
        But I have to say that I didn't have a lot of U16s yet, maybe just two or three, one popped all of a sudden just as the neck started to come out. This scared me a bit.
        This is actually what I like about the U16s. When I first tried to bring myself to do b2ps, I started with some smaller balloons. But they were really hard to blow at the end, so I would often chicken out and stop. I also don't mind them being a little unpredictable so much, as the pop itself doesn't really scare me, it's just the anxiety when I know it's getting close that makes me not do it more often. If I knew quite accurately when it was going to pop, I would probably chicken out even more often than I already do

Comment

• marja

Originally posted by lyckr
          This is actually what I like about the U16s. When I first tried to bring myself to do b2ps, I started with some smaller balloons. But they were really hard to blow at the end, so I would often chicken out and stop. I also don't mind them being a little unpredictable so much, as the pop itself doesn't really scare me, it's just the anxiety when I know it's getting close that makes me not do it more often. If I knew quite accurately when it was going to pop, I would probably chicken out even more often than I already do
          I agree with you. U16 are unpredictable, which makes them fun. You never know how big they might get.

Comment

• SitpoppingLoons14
            Extreme Sit-popper
            • Mar 2016

I don't really do B2P, since it's quite difficult for me.

Anyone know a good beginner balloon to B2P? 11"/16" is okay, but what brand?
            You never know when it's gonna pop!

Comment

• SitpoppingLoons14
              Extreme Sit-popper
              • Mar 2016

Anyone here know a great beginner balloon for B2P?

I don't do B2P that often since I'm quite scared of the unpredictable pop.

Are Q11s or Q16s good?

Comment

• Meililoon
                aka lyckr
                • Sep 2014

Qualatex are supposed to be really tough to b2p (never tried myself) and are very loud. Personally I would recommend Uniques. Yes, they are a bit unpredictable, but they're easy to blow and doesn't take a lot of effort to pop. As someone who's only managed to overcome the anxiety and keep blowing till the end a handful times, I think Uniques are a good beginner loon.

Comment

• te1261
                  • Oct 2014

I like Q11s

Comment

• SitpoppingLoons14
                    Extreme Sit-popper
                    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by lyckr
                    Qualatex are supposed to be really tough to b2p (never tried myself) and are very loud. Personally I would recommend Uniques. Yes, they are a bit unpredictable, but they're easy to blow and doesn't take a lot of effort to pop. As someone who's only managed to overcome the anxiety and keep blowing till the end a handful times, I think Uniques are a good beginner loon.
                    Can you send me some Standard U16s? I'd love to B2P those.

Comment

• Regular Guy
                      • Aug 2015

@te1261:

Can you tell me more about Q11s?

How big do they get, how is the neck and are they hard to blow at the end?

Comment

• Black_Bear
                        • May 2013

Qualatex balloons are very difficult for giving you answer. The newer and better they are stored, the bigger they get for b2p. Qualatex designs their balloons to get to the rated size with a perfect "professional" balloon shape. They are tight at rated size. If you push then further to where the neck forms, they get tighter and tighter. With 11" that's literally the next full blow. Qualatex isn't a good brand to start with due to this. They aren't a brand that is also meant to be used as toys. They are meant for displays, helium bouquets, and decorations. That's why they get so tight so fast. Their quality is incredible from a decorator stand point though. As for b2p. The 11" get so tight once the neck is full inflated that I can only ever do 1, and that's it. Pressure is too high. They are so hard, that the push back. If you get one to pop though, it gives off a giant bang and shreds into hundreds of pieces. 16" is easier to blow, but exact same thing as 11". The only thing with them is the fact that the lip is bigger, means you can handle the pressure easier. The problem with the 16" is that the neck full inflates, and due to the size of the neck pushing away from you, makes the balloon very hard to hold on to. That's why so many models and producers don't ever use then. Both balloons give off incredibly loud booms, and shred into hundreds and from my experience sometimes thousands of pieces, but it's not easy to do.
                        My personal opinion is that this is a terrible brand to start with, unless you want a challenge. But for how violent the pop from them are, it will make you nervous to b2p again.

Comment

• SitpoppingLoons14
                          Extreme Sit-popper
                          • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Black_Bear
                          Qualatex balloons are very difficult for giving you answer. The newer and better they are stored, the bigger they get for b2p. Qualatex designs their balloons to get to the rated size with a perfect "professional" balloon shape. They are tight at rated size. If you push then further to where the neck forms, they get tighter and tighter. With 11" that's literally the next full blow. Qualatex isn't a good brand to start with due to this. They aren't a brand that is also meant to be used as toys. They are meant for displays, helium bouquets, and decorations. That's why they get so tight so fast. Their quality is incredible from a decorator stand point though. As for b2p. The 11" get so tight once the neck is full inflated that I can only ever do 1, and that's it. Pressure is too high. They are so hard, that the push back. If you get one to pop though, it gives off a giant bang and shreds into hundreds of pieces. 16" is easier to blow, but exact same thing as 11". The only thing with them is the fact that the lip is bigger, means you can handle the pressure easier. The problem with the 16" is that the neck full inflates, and due to the size of the neck pushing away from you, makes the balloon very hard to hold on to. That's why so many models and producers don't ever use then. Both balloons give off incredibly loud booms, and shred into hundreds and from my experience sometimes thousands of pieces, but it's not easy to do.
                          My personal opinion is that this is a terrible brand to start with, unless you want a challenge. But for how violent the pop from them are, it will make you nervous to b2p again.
                          Thanks for the info! I'll probably just do a U14.

Comment

• Regular Guy
                            • Aug 2015

Thank you very much for your detailed answer.

I'm used to B2P 10"-12" Belbals and they also get very, very tight before they burst. And you get a hell of a bang and lots of tiny shreds, too.
                            But for this bang you have to blow really hard.
                            So both seem to be at least a bit similar.

I have some problems with 16" balloons. They take too long to be blown to pop. The more time or blows it takes, the more I start thinking about what I do and what will happen soon which makes me nervous and chicken out.
                            If they get tight and neck out just after less blows it gives me less time to start thinking or worrying.
                            That's why I prefer smaller balloons - at the moment.

I managed to B2P som Belbal 14" but they also take a big amount of breaths before they explode.

Anyway, if I'll order some balloons again, I'll try the Q11.

Comment

• SRob
                              • Aug 2015

Almost all balloons I see in stores now are Qualatex, tuftex or similar. Very hard to b2p, not much fun (after a successful b2p, you won't want to do another). Walmart balloons are different, very squishy, but also hard to b2p. I miss the older, softer balloons. I have a few Unique 16", but can't find anything smaller good for popping except with pins.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎