Careful of that balloon popping - you might cause a lockdown!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • npratt
    • Jul 2016

Careful of that balloon popping - you might cause a lockdown!

Major US university "team building exercise" causes "active shooter" lockdown:

It's the day and age we live in, unfortunately.
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

Re: Careful of that balloon popping - you might cause a lockdown!

Ooops!

Reminds me of a session I had once where I was inflating some unknown Swiss balloon store 3ft rounds I’d bought back home with me on an electric pooltoy inflator. I turned my back for a matter of seconds when there came this sharp, echoey tinnitus inducing ‘boom’ which even got my next door neighbour banging on the wall n shouting to see if I was alright lol!

I was cleaning that lot up for the rest of the day afterwards. This loon became a roomful of grain of rice sized shards n we were finding them all over the bloody room for weeks afterwards!

Comment

• Loveinloons
      • Nov 2018

When i seen this on tv it got me thinking how dumb are these people that cant tell the difference between balloons popping and gun shots.. Im glad i didnt go to that school

Comment

• Loveinloons
        • Nov 2018

If i may i would also like to add think about where all this crap takes place. Its The same places where the government keeps the good people who hold a cpl from carrying.... I think its time the law makers wake up. So with all this being said i want to say that i stopped carrying do to the fact that if balloons are gona draw this much attention what the hell would happen if someone got a glimps of your side arm in a public place? How much attention would that draw? Thats not my idea of a good day...
        Last edited by Loveinloons; 21-03-2019, 10:12. Reason: Miss spelling

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
          Banned
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Loveinloons
          When i seen this on tv it got me thinking how dumb are these people that cant tell the difference between balloons popping and gun shots.. Im glad i didnt go to that school

Originally posted by Loveinloons
          If i may i would also like to add think about where all this crap takes place. Its The same places where the government keeps the good people who hold a cpl from carrying.... I think its time the law makers wake up. So with all this being said i want to say that i stopped carrying do to the fact that if balloons are gona draw this much attention what the hell would happen if someone got a glimps of your side arm in a public place? How much attention would that draw? Thats not my idea of a good day...

Right:

1) It's NOT dumb for police/armed response units to reply to several phone calls of people reporting suspected gunfire, in the current political climate! If you think it is dumb, then that says more about your own ignorance, and inability and refusal to understand modern society, than it does anything or anyone else!

2) Can you honestly say you could tell the difference (purely by listening) to rapid gunfire and rapid balloon-popping? I don't think I could, and I doubt many others could. The keywords here are "rapid". Rapid balloon popping CAN and DOES sound extremely similar to gunfire. If people use cheap balloons, then yes, when they burst, they explode, and explode into schrapnel (multiple tiny fragments and shards of rubber/latex, rather than two or three bigger pieces).

3) Would you have been such a callous muppet, if - in fact - this had been gunfire, and no one contacted authorities or spoke-up, because "it's probably just kids popping balloons"? I know I'll probably be reprimanded for saying that, but you really do need to be more open-minded, and selfless.

4) Be grateful if you DON'T live in a country where shootings and/or terrorism isn't something you have to worry about on a regular basis. Not everyone is as lucky as you may be. Some people live in countries where war is an everyday occurence. Be very grateful you have freedom not to be terrorised by your government, or by warlords, or by terrorists, because your beliefs (religious, political, social) differ to theirs.

Lastly, stop being so self-centred. Just because you may have been able to know the difference, doesn't mean someone else could have. The police would rather have a dozen people call them, and the call-out ends-up being a mistake, than have no one call, and they end-up having a dozen dead bodies to deal with! Think about that, next time you make such a callous and ignorant comment. Oh, and yes, I did give you a negative rep report for those two comments! It sickens me, when people post such staggering ignorance, on the internet, and think they're being clever. No, you aren't!

Okay, rant over with.
          Last edited by BalloonBoyUK; 24-03-2019, 12:48.

Comment

• Tracy
            • May 2018

With the balloons that some of y'all are into popping, they'd probably think it was an air raid! Glad it turned out ok.

Comment

• MikeTheBouncer
              POP-O-RAMA!
              • Feb 2016

Great post npratt,

This goes hand-in-hand with a previous post about popping balloons in a motel or hotel.

1. Make friends with the desk clerk / concierge!
              Meaning let them know you are having a "balloon party" and some of or all the balloons may be popped. If you present yourself as an upstanding and honest guest, it may make a potential awkward situation go much smoother. A little charm may go a long way. If an unhappy/concerned guest does call down to the desk, the concierge may actually defend you in a roundabout way.

2. Only have your "balloon party" during the daytime hours!
              Like right after check-in time starts when the hotel is the least populated.
              (Do not make crazy loud noises at three o'clock in the morning... "In bird culture, we call this a dick move.")

3. Make sure to pick up all of your balloon shards and pieces!
              The cleaning staff are on strict time restraints in some places. Having to meticulously pick up every single tiny shard would make their job just that much harder. If you do happen to miss a few pieces... I recommend leaving a nice tip on the table.

4. If you become a "regular" at a hotel or motel, it would be in your best interest to leave a good impression!
              This is also going to leave a good impression for any other looner that may want to have a "balloon party" in the future.

Remember that hotel security / police are "responding" to a disturbance. They may not know it is just a "balloon party." Even a hand-written note taped to the door may diffuse an embarrassing (or even dangerous) situation.

Imagine having this conversation: "...and as always, it is a pleasure having you with us again, Mister Wick."
              John Wick.png
              Good luck and party on!

Thanks again,
              MikeTheBouncer
              Last edited by MikeTheBouncer; 25-03-2019, 00:53.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎