X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Creeperlooner
    • Jan 2020

Thinking about getting a tattoo

Such as this:

Jan 18, 2017 - This Pin was discovered by Silvia Franzi. Discover (and save!) your own Pins on Pinterest

But with the word “fetish” on it.. on my left arm.

What do you guys think?
  • palloncino90
    • Jan 2018

Re: Thinking about getting a tattoo

Good evening Creeperlooner,
    I do like that tattoo and I would like to get one like you, I just wouldn't write the word "fetish". (Anyway I talk about it in another thread if you want to give a look https://www.blowtopop.net/showthread.php?t=21297)
    I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Creeperlooner
      • Jan 2020

I don’t like the whole idea of hiding my fetish. I absolutely love balloons, since childhood. Balloons are very important part of my life. If people don’t like it, they don’t like me too.

I’ll not repress myself for the sake of being accepted by the society. I’m being repressing myself for decades. I’m really tired of this.

I’m also do want to use Looner T-Shirt:

I do want to come out and live without strings attached.

Comment

• manzinger
        • Jan 2020

I mean, yay for positivity, but the negative social consequences go beyond normal social interactions if it’s in a visible place. Like, work environments can turn weird, job opportunities can be lost, etc. I wouldnt do it personally but you do you.

Comment

• palloncino90
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Creeperlooner
          I don’t like the whole idea of hiding my fetish. I absolutely love balloons, since childhood. Balloons are very important part of my life. If people don’t like it, they don’t like me too.

I’ll not repress myself for the sake of being accepted by the society. I’m being repressing myself for decades. I’m really tired of this.

I’m also do want to use Looner T-Shirt:

I do want to come out and live without strings attached.
          I just think the word fetish as a tattoo isn't cool and could look weird in some places. But it's just my thought, obliviously you are free to do whatever you want to your body
          About the t-shirt it's a bit different, I have and I wore the t-shirt of Loonerworld.
          I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
            Banned
            • Dec 2018

That tattoo could potentially look really nice, but as others have said, the problem could be if:

1) the tattoo is easily visible in your arm, and then
            2) the fact you want to add the word "fetish" onto it.

Nothing wrong with that, if that's what you really want, but just be aware that once you have it, you have that tattoo for life, and there may be people who will want to know what you mean by "fetish" and the balloon image. That could prove extremely tricky, especially if it's an employee who may see it, or someone you're seeking a job from, and they aren't comfortable with your explanation, or who may already think they know what a balloon-fetish entails, and give you grief for it.

Personally-speaking: yes on the tattoo, no on adding the word "fetish" to it unless it's somewhere much more discrete, and won't be easily seen.

Comment

• AuroraFox
              • Nov 2015

Here’s my take on it.

A fetish shouldn’t be what defines you. I’ve never understood why people feel the need to make their sexual fantasies public knowledge. Beyond your sexual partners or a group (like this forum) that participates in the same, why does anyone else need to know? I don’t want to know what gets my coworkers/employees off, or random people I interact with throughout the day. It would honestly be pretty creepy to be subjected to that out of a sexual context. It also comes with a social stigma attached, and while you might find some people curious or supportive, remember that it’ll become a branding mark for people who don’t. Once that’s out there, you can’t take it back. Just as several others mentioned, as an employer I would not want to see that on an employee, so your opportunities may become limited.

Just some things to think about before you make your decision.

Comment

• marja

I agree on the previous posts. I would not recommend the word fetish in a tattoo, just to commit to social norms.

I like the pictures of the tattoos in your link. They have a balloon and the text "let it go".
                I am not sure in what way you like your balloons, but perhaps you can change this text in the way you like balloons, instead of replacing it by "fetish".

For me it would be "blow to pop" instead of "let it go". People would have to get very close to read it and need to ask what you mean with it. It won't disturb anyone, but it gives an opportunity to talk about the fetish when you want to.

Personally I don't have any tattoos and I will never have one, since I am scared of needles.

Comment

Working...