X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonarloon
    • Jun 2017

gymnic 120 cm exercise ball?

Hey,
    I's curious to know if any of you have or have experience with the gymnic 120 CM exercise ball?
    Does it really expand to 120 centimeters?
    When not inflated almost to bursting but still to rated capacity, how firm is it underneath you?
    How does it feel to sit on it?
    There's one on amazon that I've been eyeing for a very long while but I thought I'd check with you guys and gals who may own one first.
    Thanks!
  • bigballcollector
    • Mar 2017

Re: gymnic 120 cm exercise ball?

I have the 85 cm one. They are amazing if you like wild bouncing. The ball I own gets stiff when it reaches its labeled size, it is the only one I have of that brand so I take good care of it. If you are using it as a chair, I recomend you to inflate it less than rated capacity, otherwise they are hard with your butt after some time
    Let it be, let it free...but keep it nicely

Comment

• sonarloon
      • Jun 2017

Hi,
      I was comparing it to more like something like the CanDo 105 deep blue exercise sport ball.
      I don't much like it because of how insanely squishy it is. I don't weigh much, but when I sit on it, I practically sink about a foot into it.
      I've had this fantasy of trying to ride one that is tall enough to not allow my feet to touch the floor. No success yet I'm about 5 4 or about 62 inches tall.
      So the mixed reviews on amazon stating that they have received the 85 CM size ball, coupled with the high shipping cost are making me not want to buy it off amazon.
      Any idea where I can get a hold of one, preferably online?

Comment

• bigballcollector
        • Mar 2017

You can inflate the ball a bit more I think. You can get second hand balls from Letgo, Craiglist and Facebook, there are a few apps too.

Comment

• sonarloon
          • Jun 2017

Hi,
          I did find several on ebay, thank the heavens.
          Amazon's shipping costs are beginning to be far too high for my liking but that's a rant for a hoooooole nother day.
          I know I've already asked this but, can you give juuuust a bit more info? How does it feel to sit on?
          My cando 105 cm only allows my feet to make full flat contact with the floor because of how much it flattens out, it doesn't lose air, but there's a certain over squishyness that's way too extreme. When it's said and done and I'm sitting evenly on it, it's only about, hmm, about 85 centimeters? I'm well below the weight limitations of the cando in particular at 144 pounds.
          It does this when blown up absolutely tight as a drum as well.
          Does the gymnic 120 cm do this too?
          I've had a dream to own a ball (maybe even an inflatable) that leaves my feet hanging off the floor entirely and I have to use balancing skill alone to stay atop it, unfortunately the cando 105 cm is not it.
          It does make for a great inflatable for laying across it though.

Comment

• bigballcollector
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by sonarloon
            I'm sitting evenly on it, it's only about, hmm, about 85 centimeters? It does this when blown up absolutely tight as a drum as well. Does the gymnic 120 cm do this too?
            I do not think you can do the same with a gymnic ball. Maybe you will find these balls really hard. I am 6ft and when I ride my ball I barely touch the ground with my toes. The guy in this video is 6ft 2 in, you can see the ball does not stretch too much, I hope you can get a better idea about what I am saying, let me know what you decide:

Using a red Ledragomma Exercise Ball (75 cm) for exercising

Comment

• snh61
              • Sep 2017

Gymnic are high quality balls. They withstand a lot of abuse. From my experience, they are safe to use even when blown considerable over the rated size. Any quality ball should be able to be blown one size larger.
              I usually blow a 55cm ball up to 65cm and like to sit on it, these gymnic ones get veeeery tight (optiball, pezzi, maxafe, inflated to 3PSI or even slightly more).

If you like very soft balls, then go for Domyos balls. They seem to be also fairly resistant, but also quite thin walls, I would not recommend these to anyone for some real exercise. Any Gymnic, Togu or such, no problems.
              (Beware also of reebok balls, also sometimes quite unevenly thin, I have had one of these "two tone" two color ones pop under me, and it wasn't even inflated tight and I wasn't jumping on it).

Comment

• Bamman27
                • Jan 2019

I always wanted to find a ball just like mine here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SA...aw8OOIz0bevY6l

Comment

• Bamman27
                  • Jan 2019

Anyone find a ball like this?

Comment

• snh61
                    • Sep 2017

Nah... I think transparent or translucent gymballs look nicer. Although not many are made by the quality brands and the cheap chinese ones, thin like a paper, they just bust.

Comment

• Bamman27
                      • Jan 2019

Like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-37-Stab...l/282974534434

Comment

• bigballcollector
                        • Mar 2017

The quantity of transparent and mutlicolor balls seem to be really low in comparison to the classic grey, blue, white and red balls. Bally has one color marble balls, they look like the whitish 15" balls you can get in Target or Walmart.

Comment

• bigballcollector
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Bamman27
                          Almost same colors but it is not an exercise ball. https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkJ8QcRCbOmuhk7F_c3ZIzCEcte8

Comment

• Bamman27
                            • Jan 2019

How old is that?

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘