Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuciferLooner
    • Mar 2024

Grounding Balloons

How on earth do you earth a balloon to discharge the static? Anyone know ?
    I like it but my misses does not
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Grounding Balloons

Touch something metal that’s grounded such as an unpainted radiator pipe. In theory you could use a grounded anti static wrist strap, but that’s going a bit far. I’ve never had a problem with it. It mostly depends on environmental conditions such as low humidity.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Slugamano
      • Jul 2016

You only have to touch the wall. The earthing resistance will be some hundred kOms so you cannot feel anything but your body will be discharged.

Comment

• lioon
        • Dec 2018

Tbh, if you're having that problem you might want to think about checking out your indoor humidity level. I have been through this the last several years as I've tried to seal up this leaky old house. Too low humidity has all kinds of unpleasant health effects...the biggie is that your nose and throat dry out, which makes you more vulnerable to colds and coughs.

You want indoor humidity of 40-50% or so on a temperature of 68°. I used a warming mist humidifier to juice up our air (but the 'real' solution may be to fix any leaky walls, windows, etc. depends on your situation)

Comment

• LuciferLooner

Lioon, you have a very good point as i always have a runny,stuffy nose in the morning, i open my window for the duration of the day also to air it out a bit.
          Any ideas on devices to equal this out ?
          i thought about getting one of those aromatherapy plug in widgets.

Comment

• lioon
            • Dec 2018

I used a warming mist humidifier. It basically generates steam by heating water in a reservoir to just below boiling, the same as a clothes iron or coffee maker does. You could probably do something like this with a pot of water on the stove too. But you should get something that can measure humidity, preferably with a digital readout. A humidifier is only going to be useful if you've got really dry air, if not, it's probably going to be counterproductive.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎