• Bubblyzzz
    • Jul 2017

Re: Self-detonating balloons

Luv

Comment

• glovepopper
      • May 2019

Have any of you tried to use an aquarium pump to make delayed balloon explosion? These pumps are slow, and very quiet...

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• BYGavia
        • Dec 2017

Looks as though you just need a heavy gas. :-)

Comment

• Common Loon
          • Aug 2020

With a AA battery, a resistor, and a short length of nichrome wire you could make a tiny heater. Tape the wire to the balloon.

If you pick the resistor so that the wire heats up s-l-o-w-l-y it could give you a nice long fuse

Comment

• pinpopper
            • Mar 2019

is there anything you could freeze into an Ice cube that would pop the balloon when the ice melted ?

Either something sharp like pins or an ice chemical mixture ?

Comment

• MiTho
              • Sep 2018

I think the method Susie described on page 1 is the best and the method that pop the balloons most randomly, it is my favorite method, too. In my room I always inflate the balloons to the max with full neck, then press the neck halfway back into the balloon-body and tie them off. About 60-80% of them pop for themselves at some point, the rest of them need an additional treatment

Comment

• Common Loon
                • Aug 2020

Originally posted by MiTho
                I always inflate the balloons to the max with full neck, then press the neck halfway back into the balloon-body and tie them off
                I'm curious, why push the neck back in? Is it because it's impossible to tie? Or because it makes the balloon tighter? (Or both?) I would think that half the time, the balloon would pop the moment you squished the neck in like that.

Comment

• Heliumpongo
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by pinpopper
                  is there anything you could freeze into an Ice cube that would pop the balloon when the ice melted ?

Either something sharp like pins or an ice chemical mixture ?

That seems more trouble and less reliable than the dry ice idea.
                  Pellets of dry ice fit neatly into a balloon neck and sublimate to gas as they warm. You can tie off a balloon while it's still flacid and the dry ice will fill it to bursting over the course of hours. It's amazing to watch and exciting to anticipate.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
                    • Jun 2020

I think pushing the neck back is to get enough neck to tie them off?

The 17" marbled punch balloons seem to be self-detonating.
                    If inflated to their full rated size, I have had 4 or 5 burst spontaneously while I was
                    doing something else. The latest was yesterday. Inflated one and tied it off and while
                    I was inflating another, boom,... I told my wife, that the boom was me. Oh, she said and didn't even look up.

Comment

• MiTho
                      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Common Loon
                      I'm curious, why push the neck back in? Is it because it's impossible to tie? Or because it makes the balloon tighter? (Or both?) I would think that half the time, the balloon would pop the moment you squished the neck in like that.
                      Indeed mostly because of the more increased pressure , nevertheless the fact that it is lighter then to tie the balloon off is another advantage. Note, I just push the neck halfway back, otherwise it won't look very good.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎