Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RLMI
    • Jul 2021

Re: swim rings

Wow, but how do they know when to stop inflating or do they just take a risk? Wonder if any pop during the photoshoots.

Comment

• heaviest
      • Jun 2018

My own experience is that a modest overinflate, enough to make most of the puckering disappear, will hold for someone small on the inflatable for a short time. I find that the tightest seams spring a leak over time, so if I just leave an overinflated float in the closet it is likely to spring a leak, but I can stress it a hell of a lot more than that for a short time.

FWIW, here are some of the reasons he said the floats are overinflated for the photo shoot:

1. The model wants the float to be unaffected by their weight
      2. The manufacturer wants the float to be unaffected by the weight of the rider in the photo
      3. The photographer prefers a non-puckered look
      4. The photographer wants more of the float to be above water

The manufacturer never wants an underinflated float, but generally doesn't want it overinflated, either. A slight overinflate for the product photo without model, a little more overinflated for a photo with the model on the float, quite a bit of overinflation if the float is kinda crappy and won't hold much weight without looking overloaded.

The pink ring in that photo looks more than a little overinflated.

Thing is, there isn't a high barrier to entry to become a stock photographer. If you can take great photos and have attractive models available, you can do this. But there isn't much point to doing it if you don't create images people want to use in a professional design, because nobody pays these prices unless they need them for marketing or company business. If your photos don't sell well, the platform will not feature them.

It'd be amusing to put some stealth inflatable photos in these libraries, and that may be what these pink ring photos are, but they have to be useful to people or they'll never be seen.

FWIW the woman I call "tall girl" is a looker, and she's been asked to appear in plus size clothing shoots, and has been asked to do shoots with a manufacturer's inflatables. Until they learned she weighs over 600 pounds. To see her out of context you don't know she's that big. Then you see her next to somebody and she looks huge. She's also been asked to attend some "body positivity" pool parties to appear in the videos and photos. Some of these are sponsored by big name plus size clothing sellers.

I think "new girl" is a looker, too, and think she'd do well in plus size soft pron, or possibly fashion photography. I think she should specialize in inflatables. She's uninterested.

To answer one of your questions, the manufacturer provides multiple copies of the inflatable to be photographed. Sometimes they are dead right out of the box. And sometimes they spring a leak during filming. For stock photography, it's entirely up to the photographer. These are just individuals with a side gig.
      Last edited by heaviest; 20-11-2022, 04:48.

Comment

• heaviest
        • Jun 2018

The guy I call "big guy" has gotten his hands on dozens of tubes from a water park. They're the rental tubes from the wave pool and slow stream ride. They're big, clear, have a smooth overlapping seam on the inside, and two handles. I'm not fond of handles, but I look forward to trying these out.

Comment

• Canlooner1
          • Jan 2023

I love swim rings of various sizes and shapes. I especially like the bigmouth mermaid tail swim ring. It inflates to a really large diameter and it's extremely soft to touch and you can enjoy the actual swim ring as well as straddle the large mermaid tail!

I also have several swim rings which are just the ring and I love ones that are clear, or shiny bright colours. I also like ones with animal shapes like a dragon, flamingo, or swan.

If anyone wants any details, you can DM me.

Comment

• Seasidelad
            • Sep 2018

I found a swim ring whilst on holiday it’s gold coloured and clear on top with glitter pieces inside. It was very well used and is mis-shaped where someone has laid on it in the heat for sometime. It was leaky which I fixed but it sprung another leak which has also been repaired but it still has one more leak which I haven’t yet. I love the colour and feel of this ring and the fact many people used it before. The last was a lady in the pool it was under the water because it was going down by then. She then put back with the others that get left behind. I couldn’t wait to get hold of it

Comment

• heaviest
              • Jun 2018

The woman I call Spry Girl is so thick in the middle that she turns sideways to get through doorways, and even then it’s a tight fit. So when she lays on an air mattress her butt sticks up as high as my crotch. Like, if she’s next to the desk, her butt is almost as tall as the desk. And lying down her legs spread almost as wide as a double mattress, and her ass is almost that wide. Her panties are so big I play though experiments about what you could fit in them. Like when she envelops a chair, that’s one of the things I think would fit in her panties. A chair, including the legs. A desk probably wouldn’t, but as she’s lying next to the desk I’m making the comparison. 105 inch hips, last time we measured. Her panties have a lot of material to them.

So, she’s lying on an air mattress wearing nothing but panties, and the part of her that is covered by shiny nylon covers a substantial portion of the mattress. Almost as wide, and probably a third of the length of the mattress. That’s how big her ass is.

She’s got a shit eating grin and she asks if I notice anything odd. I look more carefully and I don’t see anything. She squirms and I hear a muffled popping noise, like vinyl on vinyl. She’s got an inflatable under her, between her and the mattress. She laughs and asks me what I think it is. I look, and indeed she seems to be a little thicker than normal. I tell her it looks like she’s put on a few. “You look thicker today”.

She tells me to guess what she’s on. I examine really closely, and whatever it is, she completely covers. I’m pretty sure it’s a 36 inch swim ring, which are about 32 inches when inflated, probably wider than that when squashed by a 770 pound woman. But I play dumb and tell her I don’t think she’s on anything, just thicker today than yesterday. She proudly rolls off a 36 inch intex swim ring, stretched and soft for having been under Spry Girl. She rolls back on it, on her hip this time instead of her belly, still just about making it disappear into the air mattress, but loading it unevenly this time, and it pops, muffled under her, and I see a bit of jiggle in her belly fat.
              Last edited by heaviest; 08-02-2023, 02:07.

Comment

• heaviest
                • Jun 2018

There are overinflated 36 inch swim rings in the hotel pool and 700 pound Gym Girl has been on them, with an audience, hugging the rings, floating with them under her belly, and with them under her hips, as people gawk. They sink completely, and eventually scoot out from under her and rocket away, breaking the surface deformed, and spring back to shape. She’s sat on them and they just sink and then scoot out.

There are also 45 inchers here. She can actually float on these, belly down, but they tend to fold in half, no matter how fully they are inflated. She’s way too big to sit in the hole, and when she tries she just falls over. She’s also butt dropped onto them.

Put one of the 36 inchers outside the pool and sat on it, delicately and evenly loaded. We know these will sometimes hold. Not today.

Sat on a 45 incher, and it did hold, for the half minute she was on it. Will definitely pop these, too.

Knelt on a 36 inch. Pressed the knee right to the ground, of course, through the already overinflated ring. She’s fond of folding a leg under her so it spreads wide, showing off the size of her legs. Repositioned the ring so she could get some of her calf on it, too. Pressed a substantial portion of the inflatable flat. The other side bulged ridiculously. When she was done, it was stretched and soft, so she added air, and put a knee on it again. It now had pucker marks in the small side, and it retained its lopsided shape. Added air again and left it lopsided and even more overinflated than it had started.

Comment

• heaviest
                  • Jun 2018

Gym Girl is feeling more bashful today. She did sit on a 36 inch ring outside the pool, and it held for ten seconds of careful load balancing, and instead of fidgeting until it popped, or adding more air until it popped, she put it back in the pool, stretched and soft, for people to see what they look like after having 700 pounds on them. It’ll mostly recover but it’ll be permanently stretched and remain soft until someone adds air. Did that to a second 36 incher, and then sat on a 45 for quite a while, not load balanced. Let it complain loudly rubbing her thighs on it. Was sure it would pop, but it didn’t, and she put that one back in the pool soft and stretched unevenly.

Floated belly down on, belly flopped onto, sat on until dumped by, and generally played rough with another 36 incher, expecting it would pop in the water. Stood on the stairs with one leg bent at the knee, and pushed the ring under water with a knee. It stretched badly, scooted away from her and popped out of the water, looking soft and stretched. She added air, and the thing looked tiny in her huge arms. Definitely looked like she could accidentally blow pop it, and she did overinflate it. Then dropped onto it belly first. It spilled her and she did that again, and held it under water longer this time, and it popped. She let it float in the water a bit, and then put it outside the pool.
                  Last edited by heaviest; 12-02-2023, 19:24.

Comment

• heaviest
                    • Jun 2018

I have a handful of large rings from a water park. About 46 inches inflated size with a very thick ring and an opening of about 16 inches. Center seam is overlapped and smooth. Ring is mostly transparent with a little blue coloring. There are two handles, which I don’t like. The material is smooth and thick and a little rubbery. Makes a LOT of noise when you rub your skin on it.

I’ve lost 130 pounds, which makes me Shorts Girl’s size. She outweighs me by 50 pounds, but close enough. Sitting on a swim ring with someone your size is pretty fun. Lots of instability. To even out our weights we’ve also been on it with a 50 pound dumbbell in my lap. Just over 1000 pounds between us. The rings we’ve been on are a little unevenly stretched and lumpy, but they mostly recover. Not fully, though, and I like that. Those rings look abused and are a pleasure to look at even with nobody on them.

I got Gym Girl on a ring with me, too. She outweighs me by 240 pounds. That’s fun, too, someone substantially heavier than you on an inflatable with you. We put the dumbbell in HER lap, to unevenly load it even more. Then tried it with two dumbbells in my lap, then added a couple 20 pound weights and a bunch of 10 pound ankle weights, so we nearly equalized our weights. Then we transferred the whole pile of weights to her to get the imbalance almost to 2-to-1. That ring developed a leak in the OUTER seam, a testament to how sturdy the inner seam is. We had almost 1400 pounds on that thing. It is twisted and not round anymore, it has a dip where her legs were, there’s a bubble in the space that was between our legs, and the ring is bloated way more on one side than the other, and it is not recovering. Very exciting to look at, but it leaks air pretty quickly. I had planned to repair it, but I couldn’t resist…

Put a finger over the hole and got Spry Girl on it with me. She outweighs me by 310 pounds. She got all the ankle weights in her lap and I got one of the dumbbells on my lap but the hole got out of control so we got off it. It may be beyond repair.

Got on a stretched but not leaking ring with her. Got all the weights on my lap. Over 1400 pounds total. Noticed we were both too far forward and she was bottoming out while the ring behind us was bulging. Got off it, I got on it and she insisted on sitting on me rather than the ring, and who am I to say no to that. It became an exercise in how much of the ring I could flatten under my butt and thighs, while the other side bulged. When we got off it the ring was super soft so I fully inflated it. It is very unevenly stretched, has a huge bulge in the stretched side, and pucker marks on the smaller side and around the bulge. The hole isn’t remotely round anymore. And this one only recovered a little bit.

We’ve both been on it again, but with the additional air it feels like it will pop. She wasn’t into it, but Gym Girl has been on it with me. This one looks really abused, and is noticeably larger and way more lopsided than the others. The bulge in the larger side looks like the material is very thin. And there are pucker marks all over this ring, even when it is more than fully inflated.

The material is super strong, but load it too much and it permanently stretches.

When I was a kid I used to lie on swim rings with a friend, on his prompting. That’s how I got my start with inflatables. Together we probably weighed 200 pounds, about 2/3 of it me. I imagine it was very cool for him with someone twice his size on a swim ring with him. Anyway, one day one of the rings had a bubble in it and lots of pucker marks, and I don’t remember how he said it got that way but it was probably bs lol. And that ring eventually was popped when a bunch of his sisters friends all got on it. According to him lol.

Those were probably 30 inch rings and 200 pounds, unevenly loaded, was quite a lot for them. But that was the 70’s and they were stretchy and well made.

A 700 pound woman on a reinforced seam, super sturdy water park ring reminds me a lot of my earliest experiences on swim rings. Just upsized A LOT.
                    Last edited by heaviest; 09-03-2023, 17:46.

Comment

• heaviest
                      • Jun 2018

The 36 inch rings that target sells as 31 inch (inflated size) are rated to 154 pounds. I love that they load rate so many of their inflatables. And 154 pounds squares with my observation for 36 inch rings. Somewhat larger people than that can float in them, but a 36 incher isn’t big enough for an adult to rest their upper back against. Not really a relaxing ride. I’ve seen adults twice the rated weight just about sink a 36 incher. They are rated for stability, not popping.

The person who oversees the bariatric swim did the OMG it’s gonna pop grimace when 770 pound Spry Girl got on and sunk the 36 incher. And again when she got on a 47 incher. I don’t have a weight capacity for the 47, but I am amused to death Spry Girl is precisely five times the rated capacity of the 36. Swim rings are my favorite inflatable to abuse in the pool.

Comment

• heaviest
                        • Jun 2018

I saw a guy of about 230 pounds floating in a 36 inch intex swim ring. It'll float that much, but it's unstable and looks really small under an adult. But the real fun started when he tried to get a woman of about 130 pounds on it with him. At first she just kinda leaned on him, face down, but then tried to get a leg over him and get fully on him. They tried repeatedly and it kept dumping them, and then they tried to have her sit in his lap. They came closer this way, but the thing sinks with that much weight on it, and shoots out from under them. And when they realized it wasn't going to work, they did a totally sensible thing. They got a 300 pound woman to sit on him. It was a game of how long can they submerge the thing before it would shoot out from under them.

I've had more weight on a 36 inch ring than that, but it was awesome to see normies do it.

And speaking of getting more weight on a 36 inch ring, Gym Girl, about 700 pounds, was on them a few times in recent weeks. Sinks them, or course, and it's a matter of balance before they shoot out from under her. With help she can balance on them for several seconds or longer. But one day she was in water too deep to just sit on it, and there were people at the stairs, which is how she normally gets on a pool toy, so she tried just stuffing it under her butt while standing in three feet or so of water. For some reason, THAT looked a lot harder on the swim ring than just sitting on it. You realize just how insubstantial the thing is when she gets her gigantic arms pushing on it, and you get to see her partially on it for an extended time.

She's wider than the ring is. Her forearms are almost as big around as the tube, and her upper arms are much larger than the tube. Together her arms are wider than her back is, and reaching behind her exaggerates this. Even modestly overinflated, the ring squishes and folds as she pushes on it.

But she wasn't having any success. Couldn't push it low enough to get under her butt. Two kind strangers thought it amusing that she was even trying, so they helped her. They put all their weight on it to push it under her, and she sat on it. Hung a buttock on it to push it lower, and they helped push it under her. Laughed her ass off. They did this about four times, and she couldn't get it centered under her to balance on it. When the strangers gave up the game, I helped her get on it this way. The ring sprung a leak. To get a last bit of play out of it, I put a finger over the hole and overinflated it, and still trying to plug the leak, we tried again to stuff it under her but it silent popped. partially under the water.

Comment

• heaviest
                          • Jun 2018

The last gettyimages photo I posted of a woman on an overinflates swim ring has gone missing, so here's another.

relaxed-woman-reading-in-swimming-pool.jpg?s=1024x1024&w=gi&k=20&c=-KUKCwJJ_o-qxOyIg0VtR7bT4T-GvVkgMPdZhpc-bQo=.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎