What restaurant/store balloons do you miss the most?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hudi03xo
    • Jun 2023

Re: What restaurant/store balloons do you miss the most?

Probably the McDonald's ones. I once tried gambling with happy meals for some printed ones. Pizza express still do them AFAIK

Comment

• Seasider
      • Jan 2016

Loch fyne and La tasca

Comment

• LoudPop
        • Sep 2018

Yesterday, I went to Red Robin for dinner and as a family went in before me the daughter smiled and said to her Dad "The balloons are back!" While I was there only one popped from some boys playing rough with their balloons in the lobby. It was a pretty loud pop for a small balloon; it may of got stepped on as I didn't see how it happened. I scored eight balloons from the waitress (6 uninflated and 2 inflated).

I wish more stores and restaurants had balloons. It is not as common as it used to be.

Fuddruckers (another hamburger place) used to have balloons. Some of the Fuddruckers in the Dallas area had lots of helium balloons tied to most tables and chairs. And good quality balloons, which made for a nice BTP walking back to the car.

Comment

• Chip67
          • Dec 2019

The Store that I miss most was F.W. Woolworths. They had the very best balloons 24" Blue Bird Smiley Balloons as well as bags of Pioneer/Qualatex assorted sized balloons which included 40" Round Latex Balloons. But my most favorite moment was our almost daily trips after school to Woolworths to buy odds and ends which include getting 4 to 6 Helium filled 24" Smiley Balloons; those were the days.

Comment

• Slow DeFlaite
            • Apr 2023

I miss the McRory Store 36" Punchball Balloons! They would inflate them nice & tight. You could Hear Them Burst in the fishnet cage all throughout the Store.

Comment

There are a few that I still miss. Mainly older McDonalds and Burger King ones, only fast food place here that still has balloons from time to time is a hamburger chain called "Max" and those are pretty cool and all but I really dislike the actual restaurant itself so it is what it is.

But now for the part that I know will get me a bunch of shit. I actually don't mind the fact that most places don't give out balloons anymore. It means that I can actually go out to a place to eat and have fun without having the mindset of finishing my food as fast as possible before getting the hell out of there. There are people who just don't like places handing them out to kids. I'm super phobic and my partner has issues with popping due to being autistic. The one place that still gives out balloons here still has the issue that whenever they give them out kids and teenagers tend to just take them and bring them out into the parking lot and jump on them or they just let them fly out into traffic. So in my opinion either they just use them to decorate and keep them far far away from kids or they don't use them at all. The fact that less balloon scraps ends up in nature is also just a nice bonus off it all.

Comment

• Scooter
                • May 2022

Originally posted by Yanzuh
                So in my opinion either they just use them to decorate and keep them far far away from kids or they don't use them at all.
                Ugh, that's the problem, isn't it? LOVE balloons as decorations, HATE people (mostly kids) messing with them.

Went to the largest mall in my area to do some shopping one night with some new friends, and some people were twisting longer modeling balloons for kids that happened to be out that night right by the food court. These friends don't know about my fear, but I managed to wrangle them into a corner away from the twisters where I couldn't see the kids bopping each other with the balloons. I'm sure I appeared a little weird/high strung at the moment, but after eating I was able to relax. Actually, the place I ended up getting dinner ALSO was giving away balloons to kids that chose to eat there. Not sure if it was just handing out uninflated ones or if they would blow it up for you if someone asked though.

Comment

I honestly just don't trust kids with balloons in general. The amount of times I used to see kids get balloons on a stick from some fast food place and then they would either walk around dragging the balloon against the asphalt or if they dropped it they would try to run up to it and usually would almost stomp pop it or just trip ontop of it

Comment

• Casey88
                    lukmanrewa
                    • Jun 2012

I honestly just don't trust kids with balloons in general. The amount of times I used to see kids get balloons on a stick from some fast food place and then they would either walk around dragging the balloon against the asphalt or if they dropped it they would try to run up to it and usually would almost stomp pop it or just trip ontop of it

Touche

Comment

• hudi03xo
                      • Jun 2023

I actually don't mind the fact that most places don't give out balloons anymore. It means that I can actually go out to a place to eat and have fun without having the mindset of finishing my food as fast as possible before getting the hell out of there
                      #

Literally me. Went to maccas once and my BPM shot up cause I just knew them balloons were gonna pop any second like a ticking time bomb

Comment

• Loonersker
                        • Aug 2023

I’ve seen them mentioned quite a bit in this thread, does anyone know what brand and size those Charles Entertainment Cheese balloons were when they were latex. A chuck-e-cheese balloon is what started everything for me and it’s one of the only balloons I remember surviving more than a day or two as a kid cause all other birthday party balloons would be popped by my mom when I would go to sleep. My idea of what I think they were is warped by the fact I was a child when they still had latex and back then a 9”-12” balloon was probably big to me.

Comment

• AgroTurtle
                          • Jun 2021

I see lots of stuff about ToysRus balloons in this thread which makes me quite sad as my nearest ToysRus only ever had mylar balloons which didn't interest me. As for balloons that I actually had/miss I remember going to Harry Ramsdens a few times and them having helium balloons. Those must have been some of the only helium balloons I ever had. I actually remember one of them popping in the car on the way home. I also miss Frankie and Bennys balloons. I don't remember having one (though I probably did at some point) but I remember going to our closest one with my highschool as a celebration not too long before it closed and the balloons looked incredible. They looked like they must have been tight 14-16 inchers (don't know sizes too well) and the were really nice colours. I really wish I had just quickly grabbed one as I left as I could have made an excuse to my mum that it was for a picture or something. Not had a McDonalds balloon in years but they were my favourite as a kid and while I was a small kid the balloons definitely seem smaller and worse now and are also lacking in colour variety most the time. I used to stand by the balloon tree with my older sister and carefully pick the balloon I thought was the biggest and best colour. Very briefly at my nearest asda they sold really large balloons. They said 36 inch on the pack but I dont think they were. Regardless they were really good balloons. This was just as lockdown was easing and these were the first BIG balloons that I was ever able to get my hands on. I only ever bought five before they stopped and one of them burst in my wardrobe without me getting to use it .

Comment

• Gunnapop
                            • Oct 2020

I have a bag of them. Windy with valves and ribbon. If you would like, I could share.

Comment

• ibix
                              • Jul 2021

Do you have Toys R us balloons?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍