Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harley
    • Jan 2016

The story behind the picture

I thought I'd try something different as an experiment - let YOU tell the story!
    I had a whim to make a pin-up pic and since it lacks context I thought it would be fun to hear what you read into balloony situations.
    So here's what I've got for you today - it IS one of my regular models, but don't let that limit you (if you don't want to). For this purpose she could be anybody.

If you don't know where to start I have some questions to set your imagination in motion:

Why does she have a balloon in the first place?
    Did she tie it off and bat it away with a saucy grin? Or release it to fly through the room like a bulbous, breath-powered jet while she teasingly glanced at any on-lookers - or simply giggled and clapped her hands in girlish glee at her funny toy?

Maybe she blew it up so much it exploded in her face? And if so, did it shower her and the surroundings with sparkling glitter confetti? Did she shriek in fear or gasp in triumph? Or did she pout and stamp her foot in disappointment at its demise?

Did anyone join her in the effort, mirroring the blowing across the stage? Was it done to entice an audience or a private rehearsal not meant for the public eye?

And afterwards, did she start over with another balloon concealed somewhere on her person? Or even more than once?
    Perhaps it's something else entirely... but that's up to you.

Looking forward to hear your ideas! While painting it I of course thought up an interpretation of my own, but I'll save that for later.
    And even if you don't write anything down, I hope you'll have fun thinking about it!
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎