Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheMole
    • Nov 2019

A great rechargeable pump for all you looning needs

I bought one of these a few months ago and wanted to give it some hard use before I shared it here.

Turns out it's fantastic! Pressure is high enough to inflate any balloon I've tried with it and the battery lasts a long time. I blew up 4 GL700s and a whole ton of smaller balloons the other day plus an air mattress before the battery even dropped to half.

Totally recommend for any other looners like me out there who like to enjoy balloons in the great outdoors from time to time or who just don't like pain in the ass power cords.

Have fun!
  • LoonerJeff

Re: A great rechargeable pump for all you looning needs

Originally posted by TheMole
    I bought one of these a few months ago and wanted to give it some hard use before I shared it here.

Turns out it's fantastic! Pressure is high enough to inflate any balloon I've tried with it and the battery lasts a long time. I blew up 4 GL700s and a whole ton of smaller balloons the other day plus an air mattress before the battery even dropped to half.

Totally recommend for any other looners like me out there who like to enjoy balloons in the great outdoors from time to time or who just don't like pain in the ass power cords.

Have fun!

Bro... this needs to be pinned. This is legit the best "loon-hack" I've seen

Comment

• TheMole
      • Nov 2019

I wouldn’t claim the best Lol but thanks.

One thing I forgot to mention is the lack of a hose, which kinda sucks. I had to kludge my own from an old hand pump I had which happened to fit.

Also ignore the part of the ad which I just noticed says “not for balloons“. It works fine and idk why they would say that.

Oh and I used your smart plug idea right after I posed for a little silent compressor I forgot I had. It was a pain to use before cause it didn’t have a switch at all, now easier thanks.

Comment

• glovepopper
        • May 2019

I've "invented" something similar a few years ago...

Comment

• LoonerJeff

I studied mechanical engineering for a few semesters so I appreciate this kind of ingenuity. Might even start a thread with a bunch of tips for looners. I know I've learned some crafty stuff in my 15 years or so of experimenting.

Comment

• TheMole
            • Nov 2019

That’s pretty cool, how long does it last? I like how the batteries can be swapped out easily. Somewhere I have a few of those RC batteries. Maybe I’ll hack them on to something useful like that. My house is already like another Inflation Lab so why not XD

Comment

• glovepopper
              • May 2019

My pump draws about 10 Amps, but is probably more powerful than the pump from Amazon. Fully charged battery last for about 30 minutes, but as you noticed can be easily changed.

Comment

• LondonLarry
                Could be a chat bot
                • Jul 2019

And for those in the UK. This looks good. £17 delivered.

Comment

• RickStreets23
                  • May 2018

Originally posted by TheMole
                  I wouldn’t claim the best Lol but thanks.

One thing I forgot to mention is the lack of a hose, which kinda sucks. I had to kludge my own from an old hand pump I had which happened to fit.

Also ignore the part of the ad which I just noticed says “not for balloons“. It works fine and idk why they would say that.

Oh and I used your smart plug idea right after I posed for a little silent compressor I forgot I had. It was a pain to use before cause it didn’t have a switch at all, now easier thanks.
                  It says "not for balloons" probably because the pump can only output a certain amount of air pressure. It's kind of like how it's difficult to blow up tiny water balloons or skinny balloons like the ones used for animal balloons compared to huge balloons like a Q24. My guess is this pump should work for larger balloons that don't require you to blow quite hard. I once tried to pump to pop a TT 17" using a pump sort of like that but it would never inflate unless it had a little bit of air already in it.

Comment

• Casey88
                    lukmanrewa
                    • Jun 2012

I exactly have this, however mine is the plug-in cord ones. Best thing is due to the small size its portable enough, but yes the downfall is it will work for 12" balloons and above. It doesnt work with small balloons.

Comment

• BYGavia
                      • Dec 2017

Neat. Is it particularly noisy?

Comment

• TheMole
                        • Nov 2019

Originally posted by BlueYoshi
                        Neat. Is it particularly noisy?
                        It’s not quiet, a little less noise than the AC powered versions but still pretty noisy.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎