Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilolover82
    • Mar 2014

How well does vinyl hold up in older inflatables

I recently started buying more inflatables off eBay and I bought a 1983 air mattress. It’s still in original packaging that was never opened, but because I like the rare and older inflatables that are softer and squishy, I am wondering what the increased risk of leaks is in the older inflatables that I am getting.
    Washington State, United States
  • lilolover82
    • Mar 2014

Re: How well does vinyl hold up in older inflatables

Does anyone have any feedback
    Washington State, United States

Comment

• craggy2012
      • Jan 2012

Re: How well does vinyl hold up in older inflatables

I’ve found older inflatables (the pre NP regulation ones at least) are more sturdy and durable as they tend to be more stretchy and softer. As to how long they’ll last though is difficult to judge as it all depends on how they’re used, if they’re looked after, treated well, or treated rough ect.....there’s lots of variables here!

The only thing with old NIB inflatables is colour leeching where two colours touch against each other whilst folded up in their packaging. I’ve still got quite a few 90’s era Intex Jumbo Balls unopened- but one I did open the other year had faint red and blue staining on the white panels where the colours had touched.

Either way enjoy your purchases they’re made to be used and enjoyed over being stored forever!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎