Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nopops4me
    • Jun 2015

Qualatex chrome balloons

A while ago a post mentioned the introduction of Qualatex chrome balloons. All seems to have gone quiet about these. Have they not taken off (not enough helium perhaps - sorry about that) as well as Qualatex had wanted, or have I missed something?
  • snh61
    • Sep 2017

Re: Qualatex chrome balloons

They are expensive. At least $1 a piece for a 11 incher, as far as I know. But I would like to have some, am very interested how tight they are when fully inflated, as those metallic balloons can get very tight when overinflated.

Comment

• Seasider
      • Jan 2016

I bought a mixed bag of chrome balloon from a party shop near me, 100 for £23 which I thought was ok. We’ve just used some to decorate the house for a birthday and in my opinion they are stunning. They are firm but no more than other pearlized balloons I’ve had before. We blew them without a pump and they didn’t resist really. One thing I noticed was the neck seemed slightly longer than normal? I have included a pic (my wife blew these ones up so not big at all!!) she doesn’t normally blow balloons up so I was well chuffed and I will look after this bunch!!
      Attached Files

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

They sound amazing & I'll bet pics don't do em justice...what intrigues me is the illusion of having an object that appears to be solid & metallic; yet the object is soft, squishy & pliable...damn i really want some now! I gotta try 'em!

Comment

• Bounci
          • Apr 2018

I've been intrigued by these since they were released... But like mentioned, the price is a bit of a downfall. A bag of 100 for $23 is certainly not bad though. But it won't be until they start doing them in 16" and up that I'll réally be sold on them.

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Oh, yes! The bigger, the better
            I would certainly make the investment for 16"ers & up....
            .......are you listening Qualitex?

Comment

• OverTheTop
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
              Oh, yes! The bigger, the better
              I would certainly make the investment for 16"ers & up....
              .......are you listening Qualitex?
              If you're listening, please bring back the Q24

Comment

• Seasider
                • Jan 2016

Absolutely agree would love to see them in 16” size, that would be a smart business move!! I wonder if the manufacturers check out these sites, they must know about the balloon fetishising market?!!

Comment

• Bounci
                  • Apr 2018

Originally posted by OverTheTop
                  If you're listening, please bring back the Q24
                  YES. Oh, I would wish upon a star...

Comment

• emmanuelle
                    • Oct 2018

I've seen the chrome balloons in much bigger sizes on AliExpress.
                    I'll bet they'll be super tight though, and suspect they will pop prematurely.
                    Has anyone tried them yet?

Comment

• kosmos
                      • May 2017

Originally posted by emmanuelle
                      I've seen the chrome balloons in much bigger sizes on AliExpress.
                      I'll bet they'll be super tight though, and suspect they will pop prematurely.
                      Has anyone tried them yet?
                      I ordered some on Ali Express though i don't know how the quality will be, some of the 12" are not actually chrome, if you look on the inside there's a black balloon inside a metallic balloon.
                      The theory they use is, the black background will amplify the color and create a mirror reflection of the color like chrome. Believe me if both balloons pop, and they have its TWICE as loud, good lord its loud.

There are some other sellers that are figuring out how to make the chrome color so it will be a matter of time before it gets made, the larger sizes they just increase the color and metallic (mica powder) amount, thats what a seller told me a manufacturer told them.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎