Old 03-01-2020, 11:22 PM

Danniballoon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How many times have you reused a balloon?
I never seem to get more than 4 or 5 uses out of a balloon before it pops. However, I've had a truck inner tube for 30 years and boinked it 40 times, so far. I got it from a tyre dealers from their scrap pile of discarded tubes. I repaired a puncture in it and had so much fun riding it over the years. Makes me horny thinking about how long it was in the truck for and how much abuse it took, before I got to re-purpose it and boink the hell out of it

I did have one scary moment with it, when I had it fully inflated in the garage and caught it accidentally with a sharp piece of metal. Thankfully, it just punctured and deflated but it was a miracle that it didn't burst and I was able to patch it.... and yes they do burst with a bang, just like balloons ;-)
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg tube.jpg (478.1 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg Favourite tube ride-0001.jpg (449.6 KB, 122 views)

Last edited by Danniballoon; 03-01-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:31 PM

Creeperlooner is on a distinguished road
Some brands degrade faster than others. Cheap balloons degrade a lot faster. Usually I reuse a Qualatex Q36 for 8-10 times until I discard it.
Old 09-01-2020, 01:34 AM

PBK is on a distinguished road
Dozens.
When I was a teen I bought 3 Tilco/Prestige 40" balloons that I had my "fun" with.
I inflated and re-inflated them to their full size every night for my fun from when I bought them in Feb to when I finally had to throw them away sometime in the next year.
Old 18-01-2020, 01:28 AM

SRider is on a distinguished road
"As many times as I can" is my answer. I've gotten pretty good over the years at spotting "fatal wrinkles" in balloons and retiring ones that have them, and haven't had one pop on me in ages. Ideally I'd burst the ones that have almost reached the end of their life, but my current living situation doesn't allow that. Sometimes the balloons in my collection manage to spontaneously develop pinholes (or, in the case of one Wal-Mart 36-incher, a large tear!) whilst in storage, and I listen out for these defects when I try to inflate them again. One 36-inch clear China balloon recently developed a pinhole whilst almost fully inflated, which somehow didn't pop it! As soon as I felt that little jet of air against my hand I pulled the neck open and deflated it in a hurry.
Old 22-01-2020, 08:35 PM

Will blown is an unknown quantity at this point
Before I started caring for my balloons (washing and treating with silicone oil Vivishine or the likes I could use a balloon 5-7 times. Now that I am trying to conserve them (Q24s) I am getting 8 -10 inflations and I am a neck lover so really push them too far.

Look into how the latex wear community cares for their wear. Lots of videos and info if you are looking to help your balloons last a bit longer.
Old 23-01-2020, 09:17 PM

QuickRide1284 is on a distinguished road
I always reuse my balloons until they pop, one of my Black Walmart 36" made it about 9 months and approximately 40 sessions (inflated by mouth and deflated). The latex started getting thin and deformed. Finally decided to put it out of its misery and overinflated it and started bouncing and grinding hard on it and it popped sending shards of latex flying all over the place, it was great!
Old 27-07-2020, 01:35 AM

balloonPatcher is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Vaderpat View Post
I use a pump to blow up my loons. After i am done with them i deflate them and store them for another time. Whenever that next time comes i inspect them after blowing them up. Its easy to do because of the crystal colours. If they got too messy I turn them inside out and blow little air in them so they are easier to wash. After that I rinse them in either the sink or the shower. I dry them with a towel and retalc them while they are blown up a little. This retalc process will keep them from becoming sticky and as a bonus will make them extremely soft to the touch!

I usually check both the inside and outside for water to make sure the balloons will last for as long as possible!
I do this for my larger balloons - 24" or larger. After deflation the moisture from your breath condenses to for a wet film on the inside of the balloon.
I turn the balloon inside out, dry and retalc with corn starch before storing.
The corn starch also keeps the balloon from getting sticky.
Old 27-07-2020, 01:38 AM

balloonPatcher is on a distinguished road
For the larger balloons, I check for windows or thins and patch them with a piece from an old balloon. I routinely get dozens of inflation/deflation sessions with most of my balloons this way with very few accidental pops.
Old 27-07-2020, 04:32 AM

Tookus is on a distinguished road
Not many, it's hard for me to deflate and put them away
Old 01-08-2020, 02:58 AM

zhilman is on a distinguished road
Usually, I would keep mine for 2 weeks before throwing them away. I always played with them in the bathroom.