• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BalloonBoyUK
    Banned
    • Dec 2018

Re: Best Helium Inflation??

Originally posted by PBK
    I find black tends to degrade faster than other colors. I wonder why that is?
    It may be the same reason black coloured jeans, t-shirts, etc, tend to fade faster than other coloured kinds of clothing. The colour isn't a naturally-created one, so I presume, the combination of dyes/inks that make up "black", fade quicker, and so anything black also goes off quicker. So, it degrades. Hence, the balloons also degrade quicker.

Obviously, even if you could inflate all colours of all balloons, in exactly the same manner, size and intensity, and then compare them, every balloon's genetic make-up, is unique, as latex is a - if you pardon the pun - "fluid/liquid" medium. No balloon even in the same batch, can be guaranteed to be identical to another balloon from that batch.

But try e-mailing Qualatex, Bel-Bal, or Tuff-Tex, and see if they know. There may be another reason that explains it all.

Comment

• Balloonymous
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by PBK
      The disadvantage, as BalloonBoyUK mentioned, is the balloon, when done, has to be discarded as the goop solidifies and takes hold to the inside of the balloon and the balloon cannot be re-inflated.
      Wait a moment, if the hi-float solidifies inside, does this mean that the helium inflated balloon won't feel the same as one that hasn't been treated with hi-float? Can it still be hugged and bopped around like a regular balloon without the fear of it popping due to said solidified goop?

I might as well asks those questions before I make a purchase for some 36 inchers.

Comment

• PBK
        • Mar 2019

I find that my Hi Float treated balloons kind of feel like inflated plastic grocery bags after the Hi Float solidifies. They don't really squeeze the same way as a plainly inflated balloon. The balloon isn't any more delicate and can be bopped around and played with roughly. The goop doesn't compromise the strength of the inflated balloon. Hi Float was definitely designed with long floating decorative balloons in mind, not so much looner play.
        That being said I pretty much exclusively admire my Hi Float treated balloons. The "play" balloons get inflated with air.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
          Banned
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Balloonymous
          Wait a moment, if the hi-float solidifies inside, does this mean that the helium inflated balloon won't feel the same as one that hasn't been treated with hi-float? Can it still be hugged and bopped around like a regular balloon without the fear of it popping due to said solidified goop?
          PBK is correct. Hi-Float is a liquid gel. However, when it dries inside of a balloon, it becomes a thick, spiderweb-like coating inside, that coats the inside, to radically slow down helium from escaping.

Now from my experience, filling a balloon with air/helium and Hi-Float will result in a balloon feeling tighter and more taut, compared to just filling it with air/helium. So, don't think you can start squeezing them like crazy, and bashing them like kids do, as they can sometimes feel a lot more delicate to handle.

You can hug them, but they won't have quite as much "give" or flexibility to them, so bear that in mind. Hi-Float is intended to keep the air or gas in, to help keep balloons floating and looking as beautiful in appearance as the day they were first inflated on - namely for weddings, parties and other similar events that might last an entire day. However, depending on the size of the balloon, once they start going saggy, the balloon really will go saggy! It'll wrinkle badly, and look haggard.

Also, the inside of the balloon will be a mess! So don't think you'll be able to reuse them, as you won't.

The other issue, is that if you don't use Hi-Float carefully - that is if you use too much, or too little - it won't work properly. Use too little, and the helium will leak out, or if the gel hasn't been correctly spread across the entire insides of the balloon evenly, the balloon will tilt at an angle due to the thick, gel-like nature of the Hi-Float (and its weight)! Use too much, and the balloon will sink to the ground, even when fully inflated. Using it is a very delicate balancing act, I'm afraid, and I've read (and seen) too many people use it wrongly, then whinge that their balloons didn't float, or they didn't float any longer than a non-treated balloon.

If used correctly, then Hi-Float will absolutely work, 100% every time. But even experienced users of it, sometimes do it wrong, and a balloon won't float right, and it can be a frustrating experience for some people.

Ultimately, it's one of those pieces of balloon gear, that - when used correctly - is phenomenal. But it will make your balloons more solid, and if you squeeze them too much, your balloon will probably pop, sending sticky-goo everywhere, and all over your clothes. Once dry, the Hi-Float can look like dried semen stains! Hence, you need to be careful when using it! A popped Hi-Float balloon sends the gel absolutely everywhere, and it can look like a crime-scene has occurred when it completely dries after 24 hours or so!
          Last edited by BalloonBoyUK; 18-04-2019, 15:26. Reason: Spellings.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎