X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pink Balloon
    • Oct 2016

Your Experinces Stealing Balloons

I'm sure we've all been there.

You're taking a quick stroll around the block when you notice that apartment complex near your place has a sign with two large balloons floating above it.

So what do you do? You come back with a pair of scissers and snip the ribbon, then run back home.

I bring it up because I almost stole one earlier today, but I was foiled by a tight knot (I plan on bringing scissers with me next time).

When I started I actually lived in an apartment complex and was right next to the parking lot so I more then a few times went out in the middle of the night and snipped the ribbins cheerfully rushing back home.

I'm sure most of us have done it, so who else has stolen balloons?
  • gayloonfcker
    • Jan 2015

Re: Your Experinces Stealing Balloons

So this really happened. I lived right across the road from one of those mattress stores. They normally have 12" balloons out. I just happened to look out one day and this army guy grabbed the balloons and ran off with them. I was in awe and well yanno. I wanted to rush out the door but it would've raised some questions from grandparents. I'm glad I'm on my own now but damn I'd have love to follow him.

Comment

• Meililoon
      aka lyckr
      • Sep 2014

I've never stolen any balloons myself, but I remember seeing a homeless guy run away with a small balloon column outside a Burger King once.

Comment

• Casey88
        lukmanrewa
        • Jun 2012

I do this quite often. When the shopping mall is closed and I am the few remaining customers to leave, I usually just steal a few balloons off the balloon tree. However recently I make sure the balloon has a good decent size to it else I will leave it off.

Comment

• Orzel
          • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Pink Balloon
          I'm sure we've all been there.
          Nope, I have never stolen anything, and no plans to do so. I look down on people who steal someone else's property. With balloons, in many cases, you can simply just ask if you want to take some.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
            • May 2017

Actually I don't know the thrill of taking balloons already inflated, in the aspect that they've most probably been inflated for some time, most probably oxidized to some degree, and the latex somewhat dirty from dust and people touching them.

However sometime back in the 80s, when I was a teenager, I was waiting outside the main grocery store in the main drag of the shopping centre. My mother had to just get a few things. Upon the stage they were some young kids (about seven or eight) and they were about to set up a childrens musical show. They were speakers, mics, cardboard comic cutouts, and yep, a few bags of brand new 20 inch balloons.

The kids left for around five minutes, and that's where I struggled, as i hate stealing, but with no one around, and a bag of 100 new 20 inch balloons only a meter away from me, I kind of hid the bag between the stage and side column, and hoped that the kids wouldn't notice.

They came back, and at first didn't say anything. I thought well, they have at least one bag of balloons.

I started walking away, as I thought they didn't notice one of the bags missing. However moments later some supervisor noticed the hump in the bottom of my shirt, and asked me about the loons. Feeling quite embarrassed I pulled them out, and since then have never stolen like this again - I guess a good lesson in morals early in life. The supervisor gave me a light grilling, so not an experience one ever wanted to repeat again.

Comment

• AnotherLooner
              • May 2017

As a kid I have stolen some balloons, even before I really knew I was a looner. Just uninflated. When at parties and there is a loose or pack of balloons I'd nick them real quick.

Once I was just looking at a pack and the mother of my friend gave the pack to me. Lucky.

Also, I'd not recommend stealing balloons to anyone. Just ask with the reason of recycling birthday supplies .
              Cheers,
              Rick

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡