Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loon119
    • Jun 2018

Re: Why don't you pop 'loons?

Literally due to a traumatic experience as a child.my parents used to burst them because they knew I enjoyed them. To my tiny child brain they were killing my friends and protecters. That instilled a massive phobia I have to this day still can't do parties. Eventually balloons turned into a sexual fetish but I still use balloons as a comfort today despite being 34 I still have to sleep with a balloon or, as I am now, sat in my chair with a 16 unique. It makes me happy. So it's 50% comfort 50% sexual attraction. Only one person on this earth can burst my balloons and that's my wife. And only she can do it in a way that does not traumatise me. She may not be a looner but damn she's good with balloons.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
      Banned
      • Dec 2018

At the risk of repeating what others say, it's simply because:

1) I hate loud noises (e.g. fireworks, et al), so balloon-pops are something I actively avoid, at every possible stage.

2) I hate balloons being wasted, by being popped. It feels to me, like an unnecessary waste of the balloon, that I would rather treasure it.

3) The only time I get rid of a balloon, is once it's dangerously oxidised or doesn't seem like it will last very much longer, or someone has overinflated it to the point that I worry it'll pop, or if a balloon can't be saved and/or reused. At that point, I carefuly cut-off the knot, deflate the balloon, and discard it in the bin.

Comment

• Doggo
        • Jan 2019

Mainly fear. Not sure why. I think it's the unexpected pops that really freak me out. I enjoy watching others pop from afar but if I'm in the same room I can't. And doing it myself is tough. One day I hope to get there though! I need to find some privacy to practice!

Comment

• lioon
          • Dec 2018

I'm much the same. It's fear, never have liked loud unexpected noises. It's something that conceptually appeals to me, but not so much so that I want to try to overcome that fear (or use earplugs). On the practical side, we've got a tiny (1k sq. ft.) house and a dog, who, despite his age and the attendant hearing loss, is still freaked out by the smoke alarm, and even the sharp tone that precedes "The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm warning for..."

Comment

• Steebs
            • Sep 2018

you know its weird, if my girl was blowing up a balloon in my pants and it popped? that'd be hot AF
            but popping a balloon myself? Scary
            A couple times as a kid i popped balloons and it actually hurt a fair bit, i guess the latex slapped against my skin as it rapidly retracted. once it actually left a welt on my arm. ever since then i've been afraid to pop balloons in case it hurts.

Comment

• WannabePopper
              • Oct 2018

Like so many Looners, it's the anxiety associated with the loud noise that prevents me from deliberately popping balloons.

As you can probably tell by my username, I want to become a fully fledged popper. Ultimately, I know I enjoy popping balloons and I enjoy watching women pop them (provided I'm in control in sessions ) and you can always adjust the volume in video clips.

Popping a balloon is never as bad as I think it's going to be. It's just getting over that initial fear that really paralyses me. Sometimes once I have popped one, I can do more. To be honest, alcohol helps my nerves here and my confidence.

I don't think blow to pops will ever be something I could do, though.

Comment

• zhilman
                • Dec 2018

Me myself, easy. Because popped balloons make me scared and lose my sexual desire. I lost interest to masturbate if I pop the balloon that i used to masturbate.

Comment

• KawaiiKing64
                  • Mar 2019

I live in a family that strives for kinkshaming. Anything out of the ordinary "man with woman" sexual interaction is seen as a bad thing. Why do I tell you this? Because it's the reason I can't buy balloons often, I have to hide them all the time from my family.

So, when a balloon of mine pops, I can't just go and inflate another. I would be making too much noise and they'd spot me. So, usually when I pop a balloon, my fun's over. I have to stop what I'm doing and do something non-sexual for the day. And that is a total buzzkill for me.

Comment

• PBK
                    • Mar 2019

I don't like popping balloons. I don't like seeing other people pop balloons. I get no sexual gratification from popping balloons. Balloons are things of beauty and I just don't like them being popped. Plus the noise bugs me.
                    I have dozens of tightly inflated balloons of all sizes around the house at any given time and I just admire and enjoy them. Some of them are helium filled and some air filled.
                    When it's time to give the helium balloons their "send off" after they've lost their lift I just cut the neck with a pair of scissors or a knife. No popping at all.

That being said, what poppers do with their balloons is entirely their business. Their balloons bought and paid for with their hard-earned money or however they got them.
                    Not my place to dictate what anyone else does with their balloons.
                    In fact, I would even go as far as to donate some of my older balloons that I wouldn't trust to inflate full and tight anymore to a popper, if I knew one personally. At least then I'd know they're being enjoyed before being thrown out as opposed to just thrown in the trash. Which I have to do, periodically.

As long it doesn't harm anyone else and they enjoy it pop away! Just don't do it around me, or pop my balloons, please.
                    Last edited by PBK; 02-06-2019, 21:30.

Comment

• Cho
                      • Mar 2019

For me popping a balloon means wasting it. Shreds don't give me anything.

Comment

• zhilman
                        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Cho
                        For me popping a balloon means wasting it. Shreds don't give me anything.
                        Yeah. Me too. The inflated balloons that give us the arousal, not the shreds. Costwise, being a non popper made me play with a balloon for as long as 2 weeks! And thats very helpful for a student like me that have to buy balloons to satisfy my fetish.

Comment

• lovebangers

Even though i like to watch a balloon explode, I tend to avoid popping balloons simply for the fact that I have a phobia. There's too much anxiety and not much pleasure when I am the one popping, so i let others do that!

Comment

• EtOHLooner
                            • Mar 2017

Just that I don't like unexpected loud noises. At all.

Other than that, a lot of the reasons other people have mentioned here don't bother me. I don't feel any emotional attachment, nor do I care whether I'm "wasting" them (except maybe some discontinued or hard-to-find ones; I still have a handful of Q24s). I even kind of like the shreds. No, wait, it's not "kind of," I really like the shreds. If I do get an accidental pop with good shreds I'll keep them around and admire them for a few days, and take pics of the shreds before I throw them out.

But that's not enough for me to overcome my fear of the bang. At least not when sober...

Comment

• Heliumpongo
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2014

Popping is so final, such a dead end, to me. I know people can pop an entire room of balloons but I see each balloon as a fun time in itself and to pop it would only preclude that potential fun.
                              Popping is a means to an end if I have to clean up after having some fun but I'll always prefer to leave my toys lying around for future fun, if at all possible.

Comment

• Will blown
                                • Jan 2020

I am a semi popper though I rarely can bring myself to destroy something that gives me so much pleasure.

I can pop smaller balloons or found balloons but I would never intentionally pop a Q24 which these days have become almost my exclusive balloon. By far my favorite. I could never destroy such an amazing thing.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎