Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Helium1234
    • Dec 2016

Best Helium Inflation??

Was just thinking about the multiple balloons I've inflated and was curious what's your best and goto inflation? What's something you'd like to try?

Q24s are my favs, and looking at TT24 and other larger ones. Has anyone ever tried a GL1200 with helium? THink that would be quite fun lol
  • scuba
    • Jan 2017

Re: Best Helium Inflation??

My first choise with helium is definitialy my inflatable latex fox catsuit with me inside it.
    I am aware that i would not float off or be able jump higher, or any thing like that.
    I just think that it could be fun to see if the helium would make the suit feel difriend on my body..
    A GL1200 balloon filled with helium could also be super fun to play with

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
      Banned
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by scuba
      I just think that it could be fun to see if the helium would make the suit feel difriend on my body..
      Filling your suit probably won't make you feel any different, as there'll be no tangible difference between it and air.

However, filling a balloon with helium (compared to air) makes a difference, once the helium loses its buoyancy, as the balloon then goes lovely and soft and squishy, which can feel really great when pressed against the human body.

But, in terms of your suit, I wouldn't waste the helium on filling it up, as it'd be an expensive experiment.

Comment

• scuba
        • Jan 2017

Well you might have a point with the suit.
        I have read about it on body inflation.org where someone tried inflating their suit with helium.
        It inflated a bit difriend, mostly the top of the suit and the suit felt lighter to wear and colder.
        Going back to the GL1200 balloon.
        I would love to try to fill one of thoes with helium and step over the middle part of the balloon.
        Just to experience how it feel when it floats up toward my croch

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
          • Nov 2018

My goto balloons with helium are 14" belbal and 17" Tuftex. Both float a long time. And as they loose helium, I untie the knot and re-inflate them with air. Keep repeating that until they no longer float. That ensures that I have tightly inflated balloons for quite some time. The 14" are particularly good with the disposable helium tank because you can get quite a few inflated before the tank runs dry.

If I have a rental helium tank (and much more helium), then my best experiences were with 36" belbals, 24" Party City (clear with a 12" inch inside), and Q24's. Long time float with a good tug upwards.

Helium is so much fun that I can be happy with a 12" (properly inflated, of course).

Comment

• Blowitbig
            • Jan 2016

I've had 17 inch tuftex balloons with helium, but i can only dream of playing with a gl1200 blown up tight with helium,.now that would be awesome.
            The bigger the better

Comment

• Tracy
              • May 2018

Q16s, no question about it. My small tank has a Conwin 60/40 inflator, so I can do quite a few Q16s between refills... and the balloon is big enough that the helium/air mix does not really affect its float time. At least not for me, since most of my toys come to an unpleasant end in fairly short order

Comment

• Helium1234
                • Dec 2016

Does the 60/40 really have an effect on the pull or tug up from the helium? Does it last longer? SHorter? Curious as I may get one.

Comment

• Helium1234
                  • Dec 2016

I do think the helium lift and pull of a GL1200 would be amazing to fell or have it pull on you. Maybe tied to an arm and a leg.. hmm.. so mayn ideas.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2018

I've been lucky enough to fill a 5ft weather balloon, with helium, and the pull is great - initially at least. However, balloons of that size are very fragile. A GL1200 filled purely with helium would be lovely, but the bigger the balloon, the more fragile it can be, if you enjoy sitting on it, or being a bit rougher with it.

Also, you need to remember that helium is 1) very expensive, and 2) unless you coat the inside of the balloon with Hi-Float, it won't stay buoyant for more than a few hours. You'd need a lot of helium, and a lot of Hi-Float to fill a GL1200, and keep it floating for weeks.

Sadly, the amount of helium it would take, puts off most people from doing it! (You're going to be looking at filling a GL1200, with the equivalent in money terms, of about £25-£30/$30-$40's worth of gas! That's a super-expensive balloon!) Plus you're going to have to get the helium into your home, and do the inflation in the room you plan on playing with the balloon in, due to the sheer size of it. There'll be no way of getting it done somewhere else, and then transporting it. You'd never get the inflated balloon through most doors or even through most windows! LOL

However, it can be done, if you are willing to do so, but at great cost/and hassle!

Comment

• scuba
                      • Jan 2017

I must say that i am very tempted to buy helium for my GL1200 balloon
                      The only thing that holds me back is the high price

Comment

• TooBigToFail
                        • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Helium1234
                        Was just thinking about the multiple balloons I've inflated and was curious what's your best and goto inflation? What's something you'd like to try?

Q24s are my favs, and looking at TT24 and other larger ones. Has anyone ever tried a GL1200 with helium? THink that would be quite fun lol
                        Helium 36s for sure

I've also thought about filling a GL1200 with smaller helium filled balloons to make it float

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by TooBigToFail
                          I've also thought about filling a GL1200 with smaller helium filled balloons to make it float
                          That may not work. You'd need a lot of smaller balloons, and I suspect that their buoyancy won't be enough to float a GL1200 on it's own. If you're going to do it, you may as well just Hi-Float the GL1200, fill it with helium and then enjoy it as it is. Keep it simple, and you won't go too far wrong.

Just make sure you air-fill the GL1200 first; check it over for any damage (holes, etc), BEFORE you coat the insides with Hi-Float and Helium! The last thing you want is a faulty balloon, that you've partly-filled with both H-Float and Helium!

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
                            • Nov 2018

I, too, doubt that an air-filled GL1200 with some helium-filled balloons inside would float. Lift is determined by the amount of air (or water) displaced (Archimedes principle) and you would need to displace a lot of air to get a heavy GL1200 airborne.

On the other hand, a helium-filled GL1200 would displace a lot of air and should have decent lift.

What I wonder is how long would it float. A spherical balloon has less surface to volume than an airship or other shaped balloon. So, less latex (and therefore weight) to hold in the gas and less surface to loose helium through. My own experiments with 646's and shaped balloons have confirmed this; they float much less time than a round balloon.

Still, in the interest of science and fun, filling a GL1200 (or any GL) with helium
                            would be a cool experiment to try. Just get a really big tank of helium.

Comment

• TooBigToFail
                              • Feb 2019

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
                              That may not work. You'd need a lot of smaller balloons, and I suspect that their buoyancy won't be enough to float a GL1200 on it's own. If you're going to do it, you may as well just Hi-Float the GL1200, fill it with helium and then enjoy it as it is. Keep it simple, and you won't go too far wrong.
                              I meant to say that it would be stuffed with helium 24s. That way, even if it pops, you'd have recoverable balloons for further fun instead of losing all your helium.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎