Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loveinloons
    • Nov 2018

My gl500 popped

Hi im wondering how you all make your gl balloons last longer this is the first gl balloons i have ever had and i like to hump my donuts on top of them and they held up great untill the 5th time and all of a sudden (BOOM) for no reason so did i do something wrong or do they just get old? How do you make them last?
  • scuba
    • Jan 2017

Re: My gl500 popped

Well it unforunaly just happens with balloons sometime.
    Sometimes totaly unexpected
    For examble this saturday i was enjoying a long floating trip on my translucend pink GL1200 balloon when it popped without warning under me at the middle of the lake.
    The balloon had not shown any sign of weakening, it just popped giving me a long swim with the two peaces of the balloon..
    I don't really why, but some balloons lasts forever and some just pops without warning

Comment

• Yen_D_Heart
      • Jan 2019

Sadly, balloons are not made for lasting an eternity. With every inflation the latex stretches a bit more, environmenteal influences like humidity, light, temperature and so on will degrade the latex over time. It's not like plastic. There is not much you can do to prevent it other than storing your balloons properly to make them last. Some balloons hold up longer than others as well.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
        Banned
        • Dec 2018

Scuba's correct. When it comes to why a balloon pops, it could be anyone of a number of issues, many of which there is no definitive way to state what was the cause.

It could be a weakness/non-visible defect in the latex. It could be something like static, or a something in the air, that caused a reaction that popped it. Temperature coudl be a factor. Something on your clothing, your body, or your skin may have reacted.

It could be a combination of weight, pressure, tension that just caused it to stretch too far in one way, or twist or contort in a way that the balloon couldn't handle, so it ruptured.

Sadly, unless you can find an obvious reason (e.g. a sharp object, an obvious defect in the balloon itself), then you will just have to accept that balloons can, may and will pop at any time and for any potential reason, and it's the one issue we only have a small amount of control over. It's annoying when it happens, but if you felt that the balloon was defective, and shouldn't have popped, you could always contact the manufacturer, send them an e-mail, and see what they say. Some will send out replacements. Some may ask to send the balloon remnants back for tests/study. Some will just say "tough luck". But for a GL, you could try sending an e-mail, and hoping that they come back with a positive response. It's really a case of do you believe it's worthy of your time to do that, or just better to forget it and move on?

Comment

• balloonPatcher
          • Jun 2020

When you have a balloon on balloon, when the latex gets sticky it can pull and burst one or both balloons. Kinda like if you pinch an part of an inflated balloon you can pop it easily.
          You could try to keep the contact points well powdered with corn starch/talc or slippery with a water based lube. my two cents.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎