Old 12-01-2021, 04:43 PM

heaviest is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone else feel embarrassed about the neighbours hearing the noise
Not a problem in my place, but in the apartment of a friend we do think about it. I also like the noise skin makes rubbing on vinyl toys, and we intentionally do that very loudly, too.

The pillow of single-chamber air mattresses pops very loudly. We worry the neighbors may think it's something else, and are prepared to have to tell the police what happened LOL.
Old 13-01-2021, 05:07 PM

Boom&Bust is on a distinguished road
So over these last few weeks I've acquired some balloons.

Here's the stash, I've got them packed loosely in a vacuum sealed bag, which isn't actually vacuum sealed because I've heard that balloons need to be able to 'breathe'. I'm going to look more into the best way to store them so they will be okay for the long term, just in case I wont be able to do anything with them for a long time.

SAM_4774.JPG

I started off with buying around 90 12 inch Gemar balloons from Tesco, you get 10 in a packet and they're quite cheap, so they didn't cost much.

SAM_4791.JPG

Then a couple of days ago I received 50 18 inch Karaloon balloons from ebay.

SAM_4784.JPG

SAM_4789.JPG

Last edited by Boom&Bust; 13-01-2021 at 05:13 PM. Reason: pictures came out too big
Old 13-01-2021, 05:16 PM

And today I picked up 100 18 inch Chrome balloons from the post office that I got on ebay.

To my surprise they came loose in a box, and what was even more surprising is that they look really big, bigger than the 18 inch Karaloons, if I'm not mistaken (it's been many years since I last had balloons) they kind of look like they might be 24 inch or bigger. Some ribbon also came with them.

SAM_4793.JPG

SAM_4795.JPG

Here is a picture of one next to a 19 inch Karaloon and a DVD for size comparison.

SAM_4801.JPG

Tomorrow I should be receiving 50 16 inch Qulatex balloons from ebay.

I've been noting when my next door neighbours go out, because I'm hoping there will be a day and time where they're usually both out for an hour or more, then I would feel a lot more comfortable with popping.

I'm also going to do some popping sound experiments too, see how loud it is downstairs and outside.

And, if there never is any particular day and time when my neighbours are out for long enough, and I can't find a way of doing quieter pops, then I guess before I'm able to have balloon popping sessions I'll either have to wait until I have new neighbours on each side of me who work and so are out during the day time, or get soundproofing, or become rich and move into a house which is on it's own.

I'll report back here with my findings.

Last edited by Boom&Bust; 14-01-2021 at 12:28 AM.
Old 13-01-2021, 09:42 PM

Common Loon is on a distinguished road
Those look really nice! I think they mainly look bigger because the Karaloons use a fluted shaped round mold (a boxier shape that folds in on itself when it's uninflated). These look like they'll be more of a classic pear shape which is really good to see at this size!
Old 13-01-2021, 10:59 PM

Hey TCL, I remember you from the UKLooners forum. My username on there was The Masked Looner.
Old 14-01-2021, 11:34 AM

bfinch2000 is on a distinguished road
i do get worried about this too, so i try to pop only rarely so they don't see it as a regular thing. for me it's not just the noises of the balloon though ... i can be kinda vocal when if feels good, if you get my meaning
Old 14-01-2021, 08:48 PM

To be honest I'm getting so pissed off and stressed with my next door neighbour always making a load of noise, I feel like beating on some balloons and making them burst out of anger, it would sure de-stress me, and because of how I'm feeling and it wouldn't be in a sexual way, I would feel less self conscious about the neighbours hearing. Plus it'd only be one or two, I wouldn't be popping many of them.

It sure beats screaming really loud which I would find more embarrassing, or for my physical or mental health suffering because of feeling stressed so much everyday.

If they ask me what the noise is when I next see them, I'll just tell them the truth, "I popped some balloons to get rid of stress".

It's the stupid neighbours fault for making me feel like I don't have much choice but to do that.

Last edited by Boom&Bust; 14-01-2021 at 08:57 PM.
Old 14-01-2021, 10:38 PM

DeppLooner is on a distinguished road
Usually I never worrry about noise, my neighbors are very indifferent with others (I dont even know their names or what they do for a living) so if they hear loud bangs they never call the police or even ask me about what is happening.
We all live like strangers, sad I know, but convenient for my fetish.
Old 15-01-2021, 03:23 PM

Okay, so I did my first two tests today.

I put my camera recording downstairs and recorded my voice for some comparison when listening to it back so I can get a better idea of how loud the pops will be for the neighbours, and upstairs I popped a 12", 18" Karaloon, and an 18" chrome with a knife. They were fairly underinflated and I was wearing earplugs and ear defenders over those since I'm too chicken, it's been many years since I've popped balloons.

They didn't sound that loud to me at all, and so this gave me confidence to inflate the same sized balloons again but more this time, they were I guess a little bit under inflated still (you can see how inflated they were in this picture I took before busting them). So once again I popped them with a knife, this time they sounded a LOT louder.

When I listened to the recording I tried to turn the volume up so my voice was about as loud as it normally is, and all the pops sounded quite quiet in the background to my surprise. Strangely though on the recording the second lot of pops didn't sound much louder from the first, yet at the time when I popped them they sounded way louder than the first lot. So I'm not sure if the recording is really that much of an accurate representation of how loud the pops are downstairs.

I'll eventually do another test, I'll put a soldering iron on a balloon upstairs, plug it in, and then go downstairs so then I'll really know just how loud it is down there.

SAM_4870.JPG

SAM_4871.JPG

SAM_4869.JPG

SAM_4877.JPG
Old 17-01-2021, 07:18 AM
Master Over Inflator

onemoreblow is on a distinguished road
I also got some of those chrome balloons from China and they are great. Except they sent two different kinds in the same pack. One has a round body and fat neck. The other one is oval shaped and thin neck. I prefer the round ones. I would get some more but it is hard to tell who is selling which kind.

Attached Images:
File Type: png chrome.png (704.0 KB, 105 views)