Old 06-01-2021, 11:30 PM

Boom&Bust is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone else feel embarrassed about the neighbours hearing the noise
I've read a lot about people being worried about the neighbours hearing them popping balloons, but they only seem to be worried because they think their neighbours might complain.

I never hear anyone talking about feeling embarrassed about the neighbours hearing.

This is my problem.

My neighbours make a lot of noise themselves, so I doubt they would care about the noise of balloons popping. So I don't really feel worried at all about them complaining.

But, I just feel so embarrassed about them hearing. I'm living in terraced housing and it's quite easy to hear through the walls. So not only will they hear balloons popping, they will hear a lot of the squeaks too.

They know I live here alone, so they're going to be thinking there's a grown man next door, bouncing on and squeezing balloons until they pop. They will either think I'm strange, or they will know it's a fetish. Everyone knows each other so they will probably talk about it to each other. I don't want to broadcast my fetish to the whole street.

I would give anything to be able to pop balloons, but this issue means I can't, it's really frustrating.

Anyone else feel embarrassed about the neighbours hearing squeaks and bangs?

Last edited by Boom&Bust; 06-01-2021 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-01-2021, 11:44 PM

Cho is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone else feel embarrassed about the neighbours hearing the noise
I personally wouldnt mind that much. Especially in bigger cities there are plenty of possibilities that could make a load sudden noise. And even in a small town, most people dont think of a popping balloon at first. If that would happen to me i would guess there are some kids igniting firecrackers or something, and not at all balloons.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:03 AM

BlueYoshi is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I’d wager that 99% of people won’t be like, “They’re probably doing something sexual in there.” Hell, as Cho said, they may not even ascribe it to one particular source.

I’d worry more about bugging them at unreasonable hours.
Old 07-01-2021, 01:53 PM

Boom&Bust is on a distinguished road
My favourite ways of popping produce very loud squeaks, and I think it's that noise combined with the bangs that will give it away.

But I could try and pop them in ways that don't produce squeaks though.

I may do some tests. Like putting different size inflated loons next to a soldering iron, turning the iron on, and then going downstairs to see how loud they are when they pop, I'll go outside too.
Old 07-01-2021, 03:58 PM

wildheart is on a distinguished road
The squeaks might not even be that audible from next door. Generally higher pitched sounds don’t travel as well through walls as lower sounds. If you’re really worried, make a popping room with sound dampening. Can either be cushions, blankets and duvets, or proper dampening foam if you can afford it. Bangs won’t be quite so noticeable either.
Old 08-01-2021, 01:27 PM

aron_crow is on a distinguished road
This is the really big problem, often times I had to quietly deflate them so as not to arouse suspicion. Popping under big blankets does help sometimes though, but it takes away the fun of it
Old 08-01-2021, 03:39 PM

Danniballoon is on a distinguished road
It's never been a problem for me, however I'm moving in to a flat shortly and it will become more of a problem now. I'm going to use condoms instead. They barely make a noise, just a sort of 'snapping' sound that I doubt they would hear, downstairs.
I like playing with them and popping them more than regular balloons anyway, as it happens On the downside they are more expensive, but I'm not overly bothered as I already have a big stash of them
Old 08-01-2021, 06:12 PM

BalloonblowerNYC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Boom&Bust View Post
I've read a lot about people being worried about the neighbours hearing them popping balloons, but they only seem to be worried because they think their neighbours might complain.
I had security getting into my room in a NYC hotel (before I moved to NYC) because a balloon popped while I inflated it...

This was embarassing. Security saw the balloon shards and laughed.
Old 08-01-2021, 06:23 PM

Cho is on a distinguished road
@BalloonblowerNYC
They were propably alarmed because someone thought you shot somebody and were laughing in relief. I'm quite sure they were not making fun of you ^^

I don't know if that suspicion is because you were in NYC or in the US in general, but in Europe, where guns are not that to get ahold of, most would think it's a misfiring car or something like that.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:44 AM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
Just spent a few nights humping n popping balloons with wild abandon in my digs whilst I’m currently away with work thinking the place next door was empty so I was really letting go riding hard n bursting stuff. Went to get into my my car early this morning n I clocked this light on and this guy walked out of the place!