Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SirSquishy
    • Mar 2020

SA Balloon on ebay: what brand?

I've never bought a balloon off ebay, not entirely sure how ebay and it's sellers work and not sure I can trust them. But I came across this balloon on ebay: https://ebay.com/itm/1x-SA-40-45-inc...-/183872731473.

It says unbranded, but it has to have a brand. Anybody familiar with this balloon? What manufacturer does it come from? Or is this a balloon that is no longer manufactured?
  • Danniballoon
    • Mar 2018

Re: SA Balloon on ebay: what brand?

SA= South American. Made by Tuky in Argentina. I've not tried this particular size, but their 24 inch ones were awesome. Got bigger and softer with each inflation. They seem to be hard to get, now. Probably not manufactured any more.

Comment

• loonerlee
      • Dec 2018

Loonerworld have similar balloons, 25" & 40" in various colours, I purchased a few and the quality is good. Price is good too.

Comment

• SirSquishy
        • Mar 2020

Originally posted by loonerlee
        Loonerworld have similar balloons, 25" & 40" in various colours, I purchased a few and the quality is good. Price is good too.
        Good to know. Are they tuky brand or from South America?

Originally posted by Danniballoon
        SA= South American. Made by Tuky in Argentina. I've not tried this particular size, but their 24 inch ones were awesome. Got bigger and softer with each inflation. They seem to be hard to get, now. Probably not manufactured any more.

https://www.globostuky.com.ar/
        I had a hunch that they were made in South America. I wonder if other balloons from South America have this same soft quality to them. Do you know of any manufacturers that are based in SA?

Comment

• stormbubble
          • Nov 2017

a larger neck too

Comment

• Danniballoon
            • Mar 2018

I found an old used SA24 yesterday that must be around 10 years old. I inflated it, expecting it to pop. It must have reached about 30". I decided to ride it and the huge neck bulged out as I sank down in to it waiting for the bang. It felt awesome and I was able to ride it without it bursting. Amazing balloons

Comment

• SirSquishy
              • Mar 2020

So out of curiosity, are sempertex balloons anything at all like globostuky balloons? They're both South American brands. Would like to know how similar they are. sempertex seems to offer balloons that look very similar to globostuky. Anyone have any experiences to share? Has anybody gotten both brands of balloons?

Comment

• LoonerHoax
                • May 2020

Never heard of globostuky but I have had both the 24" and 36" sempertex. I would liken the 24" to a tuftex but bigger and a lot more durable. I think the 36" are amazing. Both sizes easily go beyond their rated size yet still feel soft but strong. They inspire a lot on confidence for me. Like I can take them well beyond their rated size on first or third inflation and not have to worry about them popping while sitting on or playing rough with. They are nothing like the old SA24's. Those were giants with massive necks but stunk of sulfur.

Comment

• BalloonblowerNYC
                  • Feb 2018

Originally posted by SirSquishy
                  I've never bought a balloon off ebay, not entirely sure how ebay and it's sellers work and not sure I can trust them. But I came across this balloon on ebay: https://ebay.com/itm/1x-SA-40-45-inc...-/183872731473.

It says unbranded, but it has to have a brand. Anybody familiar with this balloon? What manufacturer does it come from? Or is this a balloon that is no longer manufactured?
                  I made the experience to run away when eBayers use sexy men or women in poses to sell balloons. Normally it means they will reach prices too high - targeting the looner audience to pull more money out of it.

Comment

• SirSquishy
                    • Mar 2020

Originally posted by BalloonblowerNYC
                    I made the experience to run away when eBayers use sexy men or women in poses to sell balloons. Normally it means they will reach prices too high - targeting the looner audience to pull more money out of it.
                    So I wonder then if there's a reseller or stockpiler somewhere that sells these SA balloons, but not marketed for looners. I don't have a clue on how I would even go about finding a seller like that.

If these ebay sellers have enough of these loons to sell to looners over an extended period of time, they can't be that rare. I'm sure they're getting a supply from somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎