Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesPopper
    • Nov 2016

Certain colors softer?

Is It just me or are certain balloons like purple teal and white softer than red yellow and clear
  • Pink Balloon
    • Oct 2016

Re: Certain colors softer?

Pink has always felt soft to me.

Comment

• Asclepio
      • Sep 2018

Cant speak for many brands, but at least I know unique very well, so I will tell my opinion with balloon from unique. I noticed that Crystal purple, Light blue, and fuchsia are the colors that get bigger than other (obviously they are softer because they can go far than others).
      The worse in terms of softness I think that are the red, white and gray from qualatex.
      A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• craggy2012
        • Jan 2012

I've noticed with Qualatex..... some have been tough. Hard to get started with inflating them from new, others are wonderfully soft and stretchy and go the extra mile (readily take to beyond their rated size). I don't think the colour really effects they're give though. All latex is different even if sourced from the same plantation. It's organic.

Comment

• tebe2hu
          • Jan 2017

Definetely, YES. Buy for example all colors of PC-24 and you will see well the differences.
          There are two approaches: blow them to identical size or identical tightness...

Comment

• 7balloon
            • Dec 2018

Balloons are a mix of latex and dye. Some of the dyes make the latex less stretchy. Metalics are a perfect example. BTP one and have fun picking up the shreds. It differs from manufacturer to manufacturer because their base mixtures are different. But yes, color matters other than just being pretty.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
              • Nov 2016

I always seek out balloons by softness so my results may be skewed but I find the white Unique 12" to be really soft, after just one inflation they get really big and round without almost any resistance. I've yet to try pushing one to the limit though cuz I'm scared and trying to conserve them I think they changed their formula so I'm not sure how easy it is to get the ones I have right now. These ones look kinda small (9" or something) until you blow them up. I think the ratio of uninflated size to rated size is a decent predictor of softness because if two balloons have the same rated size but one is smaller when uninflated, it must stretch more, which translates to overinflating more too

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎