Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRider
    • Jun 2018

Can anybody identify this balloon?

This circa 36 inch heart balloon was purchased in a store in South Korea in unbranded packaging. Unfortunately I haven't been able to blow it up because it was stored improperly and ruined by heat, with the rubber feeling gummy and sticky and numerous defects appearing in it at the start of inflation, but I was wondering whether anybody could identify it so that I could potentially try purchasing it again. The other balloons in the store were Sempertex, but as far as I know Sempertex doesn't make 36" hearts, and the latex of this balloon has a woody/earthy smell rather than the vanilla scent of Sempertex. It also doesn't look quite like the Qualatex heart.
    Thank you,
    SRider.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SRider; 20-06-2019, 12:49. Reason: Add attachment
  • BalloonBoyUK
    Banned
    • Dec 2018

Re: Can anybody identify this balloon?

It looks like a Qualatex 36" heart, although it's a bit misshapen, as you mentioned. Obviously, it's hard to tell from just a pic, but that's my view. Hope you have success in finding out what it is.

Comment

• OverTheTop
      • Dec 2013

Cattex also makes hearts, although that doesn't look quite the same as their 36" one.

Comment

• BusterBill
        Founder, Balloon Buddies
        • Nov 2016

I've had poorly stored Qualatex hearts that looked almost identical to the one in the photo, so my best guess is that it is a Qualatex giant heart from the older (early 2000's) molds.

Comment

• SRider
          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by BusterBill
          a Qualatex giant heart from the older (early 2000's) molds.
          I can certainly believe that, considering that another balloon I purchased from the same store, also ruined by heat, had "©1988" printed on it!

Comment

• PBK
            • Mar 2019

Wow.
            Did the older Qualatex hearts have such a huge neck and opening?

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
              Banned
              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by SRider
              I can certainly believe that, considering that another balloon I purchased from the same store, also ruined by heat, had "©1988" printed on it!

Just to clarify: Qualatex printed balloons will have a date printed on the balloon itself, which is the copyright notice for the design print. It is NOT the year the balloon was manufactured in.

The date of manufacture, will be on the packaging the latex balloon originally came in, and will usually consist of 6 numbers, and will be YYYYMM, with YYYY corresponding to the year, and MM to the month. So a printing date of 201706 will be equivalent to June 2017.

Don't pay any attention to any date printed on the balloon itself, as that's purely for the logo/artwork.

Comment

• SRider
                • Jun 2018

OK, I've found another mystery balloon that I have photographed and attached here. This is a 36" flute-moulded balloon that I bought in South Korea in a packet with only the distributor's information and "Made in China" on it, but that was a generic package used for all the company's balloons. Has anybody seen a balloon like this before? It doesn't seem at all like a Chinese balloon based on my experiences. The neck is quite narrow, there are no defects, and the rubber is very soft and supple with a "sweet cream" sort of smell, allowing the balloon to get quite a bit bigger (without appearing to be close to bursting) than any other fluted 36er I've tried.
                Attached Files

Comment

• TheMole
                  • Nov 2019

It looks like a Cattex heart with how wide the nozzle is.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎