X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IILoonerII
    Banned
    • Feb 2020

Re: Balloon Storage

I keep mines in the original package and put them into a container with a lid and store in dark place. Cause I heard light can degrade them to?

Comment

• PompousBalloon
      • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Will blown
      I have been researching this and turned to the latex wear community as their latex clothing costs hundreds of euro per piece so preserving is a big topic.
      They suggest conserving latex with silicone oil or products like vivishine that are made for this very purpose.
      My early results is that my precious Q24's seem to last much longer. The rubber feels better, softer more like they do when they are new. Your balloons will feel different. In the beginning I wasn't sure. Now I love it. Smoother, softer and shiny! I have treated older balloons that were looking pretty used and all of the sudden they looked brand new.

Only time will tell but the early results look promising! You might want to try this especially on your more expensive or more rare balloons. If it works for latex wear it seems to me it will work for latex balloons as well. Lots of videos on you tube if you look up latex wear care.
      Which product(s) from vivishine did you use and how did you use it(them)?
      I'm curious

Comment

• MichaelLoona
        • Apr 2020

Like most that have commented on this thread, I keep my balloons sealed in plastic bags and in a plastic tub and kept in my closet. Each bag has a date on it to remind me how old or how fresh they are.
        About almost two years ago, I decided to experiment a little. I took a bunch of TT17's because they seem to deteriorate faster than most brands IMO and I vacuum sealed them. They were then stored in my basement and they've been there ever since. I'll be opening up a bag sometime soon to see what kind of condition they're in. I'll update when I do.

Comment

• PompousBalloon
          • Mar 2020

Originally posted by MichaelLoona
          Like most that have commented on this thread, I keep my balloons sealed in plastic bags and in a plastic tub and kept in my closet. Each bag has a date on it to remind me how old or how fresh they are.
          About almost two years ago, I decided to experiment a little. I took a bunch of TT17's because they seem to deteriorate faster than most brands IMO and I vacuum sealed them. They were then stored in my basement and they've been there ever since. I'll be opening up a bag sometime soon to see what kind of condition they're in. I'll update when I do.
          Seems interesting. I think as many as possible should get to know about results from different types of balloon storages so balloons can be reused more.

Comment

• MichaelLoona
            • Apr 2020

Originally posted by MichaelLoona
            Just wanted to update my post. I went ahead and opened one of my bags of TT17's that I vacuumed sealed two years ago and they seem to be in pretty good condition. None of them were sticky or had any deformities that I can see. They even smelled fresh when I opened the bag. Mmmmm.... gotta love that smell.I went ahead and blew up a few to help cheer up a lady friend of mine thats not feeling well and they seem to inflate just fine. So far so good I guess. I'll just go ahead and reseal the rest and put them away for another year. Sharing some pics
            Attached Files

Comment

• PopPNW
              • Mar 2020

i've got the last of my q24s i'm trying to make sure last. we should have a brand/type specific storage guidelines

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎