X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Strange pump to pop. Btp

Originally posted by PomeranianLooner
    Great idea. Would you share details on how you modified that respirator?
    The front of it was screwed on. I took that off and inserted a balloon valve in the hole. It’s held in place by blue tack. Nothing is permanent and can be reverted easily.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Gunnapop
      • Oct 2020

I married a 120V Ametek blower with a rheostat (power control) and a two stage on-off timer (not cheap but key). With this, I can dial in any size balloon and the inflation/deflation rate. One can either cycle inflation and deflation to infinity, or shorten the deflation cycle so some air remains inside the balloon and it gets progressively bigger each time....until BOOM!.

Comment

• seattlelurker
        • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Gunnapop
        One can either cycle inflation and deflation to infinity, or shorten the deflation cycle so some air remains inside the balloon and it gets progressively bigger each time....until BOOM!.

That's pretty cool. I've found that I have the biggest, longest-lasting balloons (on their way to the pop!) when I stop and let the balloon deflate slightly (usually while I'm admiring its size and feeling how tight it is) before I keep going. I'll pause and hold it out while letting a little bit of air escape from the neck, then come back for more. On a TT24 nearing the end, it's something like 10 breaths, check it while letting the equivalent of 3 or 4 escape, then 10 more, then pause and lose another 3-4 breaths worth of air, then 10 more... It always seems like this really leads to the absolute biggest balloon before it pops. If I just blow straight through from start to finish they get tighter sooner and pop earlier, and if I don't let any air escape and pause too long, they'll spontaneously pop near the end. But if I keep the air moving in and out the whole time, they always keep going and get huge!

With your timer, it sounds like you can do the same automatically; set it for inflate/deflate cycling with the deflation time something like 30-50% of the inflation time, and you get slow overall inflation with repeated stretching cycles... I bet it would lead to consistently giant overinflations!! Very cool implementation of technology!

Comment

• PomeranianLooner
          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Seidenki
          I have a little doodad I made with two check valves that fits onto an anaesthesia mask for blowing up a balloon. Every breath blows it bigger. Every breath! You can only stop it by holding your breath!
          Tried to convert respiratory half mask (this one) by replacing exhaust valve (middle one) cover with 3d printed tube fitting. Super short and tight head straps and air is still leaking through intake valves or beetween face and mask. Some air goes to balloon only with fast deep breaths and holding mask against face, which makes it pointless :/

Comment

• kahuna09
            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Gunnapop
            I married a 120V Ametek blower with a rheostat (power control) and a two stage on-off timer (not cheap but key). With this, I can dial in any size balloon and the inflation/deflation rate. One can either cycle inflation and deflation to infinity, or shorten the deflation cycle so some air remains inside the balloon and it gets progressively bigger each time....until BOOM!.
            now this i am very interested in I would love to see some details of this and how you built it. can you send me some details I would love to make one of my own.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎