Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kbeecher
    • Jan 2018

Nye 2020

Has anybody else thought about the millions of balloons given a reprieve from certain destruction this NYE as they would have been destined to fall from nets high above revelers eager to rip them apart with their hands or stomp on them as they fell to the floor as the clock struck midnight?

Given the pandemic and current dramatic surge, I doubt there will be many house parties either.

It will be a relatively quiet night for balloons about the world this year, so vastly different than what is in store for them most years.

Last night, my wife asked me with a grin and raised eyebrow “do we have any balloons for Thursday?” Looks like the balloons in my household may not be as lucky!
  • LoonerHoax
    • May 2020

Re: Nye 2020

I agree that larger events will be greatly scaled back or cancelled all together but house parties are going to continue. Humans are social beings and being locked down for so long is going to cause people to go out. Many to celebrate the end of this craptacular year with hopes of the next being much better. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to go out and drive rideshare or just stay at home and chill with my wife and kids. The money should be good but the chance of someone puking in my car will be incredibly high...

Comment

• Tdo8888
      • Jun 2016

Ban on any more gatherings greater than your individual household here.....so Thenwife and I will celebrate with a couple hundred NYE ballokns here just the two of us!

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
        • Dec 2020

A mass balloon bust then ?

Comment

• loonerlee
          • Dec 2018

As a mostly none popper balloons are not often popped on purpose, Although new years eve will be different. One year I had my missus dress up and wear high heels and pop loads of balloons (q18") at midnight. The one time of year where balloons are not safe in this home. 😁

Comment

• Nopops4me
            • Jun 2015

Well here we are NYE, the 24hours when usually millions of balloons meet their fate worldwide. But as kbeecher mentions, most if not all will be saved from destruction. We all better spring into action to save our balloon supply from drying up and enjoy ourselves tonight. After all, we don't want manufacturers to stop making our toys due to lack of use, we all know how the loss of Q24's has affected us. Production dropping to just the 11/12" range would be a disaster.
            How are you going to ease the situation tonight??

Comment

• pinpopper
              • Mar 2019

I have been thinking about the lack of NYE balloon drops too. I love a balloon drop video and usually spend the first week of jan looking for balloon drop uploads on social media. Figure there wont be much this week.

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
                • Dec 2020

There are still loads of balloon drop videos on you tube from previous years

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎