How many of you are scared of balloons popping?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Inflover89101
    • Mar 2019

How many of you are scared of balloons popping?

Hey,

I've been reading through posts on here and I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who has a balloon fetish but is scared of them popping. I've always been scared ever since I was a kid, and although I've never got over my fear even though I've had loads of balloons pop near me over the years I still can't bring myself to actually blow up a balloon to have fun with even though I'd love to. I've bought some gl700s and gl1200s as I thought a big balloon would have a less chance of popping and I think I got to about 1/4 sized blowing up a gl700 and chickened out as I thought I was gonna have a panic attack from the worry of it popping even though I knew in the back of my mind I was fine and it wouldn't pop yet if at all.

I've always found it daft and weird I guess that I like something im scared off, which is why I always use inflatables. I like watching videos on YouTube etc but just with the sound off lol.

As a kid and even now in my late 20s I'd shy away from anywhere where there's likely to be balloons, I can't go to my niece's and nephews birthday parties, I can't go in a McDonald's or any other restaurant where there might be balloons as I couldn't sit there and eat calmly I'd be so worried all the time about a kid popping one. It's been hard sometimes having to miss out on parties or going certain places as I was too embarrassed to say why.

It is something I'd like to get over at some point if I can just not sure how to.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one out there that's scared of balloons popping.
    Last edited by Inflover89101; 14-03-2019, 12:52.
  • BalloonBoyUK
    Banned
    • Dec 2018

Re: How many of you are scared of balloons popping?

I too, am someone who doesn't like seeing (nor hearing) balloons being popped! It's quite common to like something (not even as a fetish), and at the same time, not want to see that thing destroyed.

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

I’m still scared, but despite that, I’ve managed to do quite a few blow to pops now, with lots of ear protection of course. It’s just practice really, keep blowing balloons, slowly making them bigger each time, until you’re more comfortable with overinflating them. Use high quality balloons too. Then they’ll be less accidents. I’ve never had one pop by accident, and I always blow them as tight as possible.
      How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
      My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
        • Nov 2018

I think you are trying the right approach to feeling more comfortable with balloons. Just keep up at it and keep looking at what others are doing with those same balloons.

I, too, avoided parties and events where there might be balloons when I was younger. I secretly inflated balloons to get more comfortable with them, which is how I discovered my fetish. It takes time to get to the comfort level where you can be in a place with balloons. Thanks to my experiences (and watching videos), I recognize that most balloons are "under inflated". So, I feel comfortable they won't randomly pop when I encounter them.

That said, I have encountered random events where balloons popped. I jump, but others do, too. Lots of people don't like balloons popping. It is OK to say that this is just too loud for me and go somewhere else. One of the advantages of being an adult. If anything, I now enjoy my private time with balloons even more because I feel more comfortable with who I am. I hope you can get to that same place.

Comment

• Inflover89101
          • Mar 2019

For ages I have been watching vids on YouTube or xtube of people trying to pop balloons, and each time I've tried to turn the volume up Abit but when I watch the same vid and know it's about to pop I often chicken out and turn the sound down or off.
          There was someone who was on YouTube a lad from Germany called Tobi / Tobias, I can't remember his username name something like ballonpopboi or something he was a young lad and did alot of pop videos on there, and I was really surprised at how much of a beating some of the balloons he had took to pop, especially when he popped 3 longneck 32" I think, the green one at the end of the video took ages and a right beating before it finally burst, infact he tried so hard I didn't think it was ever gonna pop, And it was quite tightly inflated too. Watching videos like that has made me realise that certain brand balloons are alot stronger and probably good for me to try as less chance of them popping but at same time I've read that certain brands I think tuftex when they do pop it's very loud bang so I dunno what the frig to do lol.

Comment

• JOhara
            • Jul 2015

I typically dont care if I pop a balloon. I enjoy pushing them to the edge but when they pop the funs over.

I can watch videos of girls popping with no issues

I get a little anxious when people , especially kids, are rough with balloons. Not full on phobia where I avoid all contact but anxiousness. I was at a family party not long ago and there were 12 inch helium filled balloons at the various tables. These balloons were filled to about 15 inch and each had a lightbulb shape to them. One of the 3 year olds got a hold of a red one and was digging her fingers into it making it squeak i stepped out to go to the restroom expecting to hear a muffled bang but by the time I came back the balloon floated up the high ceiling and the kid wasnt interested in them anymore.

Comment

• OverTheTop
              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Inflover89101
              Hey,

I've been reading through posts on here and I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who has a balloon fetish but is scared of them popping. I've always been scared ever since I was a kid, and although I've never got over my fear even though I've had loads of balloons pop near me over the years I still can't bring myself to actually blow up a balloon to have fun with even though I'd love to. I've bought some gl700s and gl1200s as I thought a big balloon would have a less chance of popping and I think I got to about 1/4 sized blowing up a gl700 and chickened out as I thought I was gonna have a panic attack from the worry of it popping even though I knew in the back of my mind I was fine and it wouldn't pop yet if at all.

I've always found it daft and weird I guess that I like something im scared off, which is why I always use inflatables. I like watching videos on YouTube etc but just with the sound off lol.

As a kid and even now in my late 20s I'd shy away from anywhere where there's likely to be balloons, I can't go to my niece's and nephews birthday parties, I can't go in a McDonald's or any other restaurant where there might be balloons as I couldn't sit there and eat calmly I'd be so worried all the time about a kid popping one. It's been hard sometimes having to miss out on parties or going certain places as I was too embarrassed to say why.

It is something I'd like to get over at some point if I can just not sure how to.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one out there that's scared of balloons popping.
              I'm a semi-popper, but started out as a non-popper. One thing that helped me get over my fear of unintentionally popping balloons early on was to blow up a balloon to the most I was comfortable with, and then add a little bit of air to make it slightly larger each day. One particular example of this was a clear GL1200 I had, which I originally blew up to a bit less than rated size, and then clipped it off. Every day for the next week or so, I unclipped it, added ten or so quick breaths of air, and then clipped it again. This helped me get over my fear of it popping - "it's lasted a day at this size, a little more can't hurt" - and I got it significantly past rated size before I decided to stop because it was already well past the rated size.

I'd recommend trying something similar with the GL700 you tried to blow up. Inflate it as much as you can without being too uncomfortable, then just clip it off and let it sit for a day while you go about your usual routine. Keep slowly adding air until you reach rated size, and hopefully it will be more manageable and help you conquer your fear.

Comment

• scuba
                • Jan 2017

I would not say that i am afraid of popping a balloon.
                I get annoyed,especialy if it's a new bigger balloon that pops before reaching its rated full size.
                When i go on a floating trip on my GL1200 balloons i have some of them popping while i am inflating them.
                That is very annoying becauce i am totaly hooked on going out on the lake on the balloon at this time.
                That is why i bring extra balloons with me.
                If the balloon pops under me while floating it just makes the trip a little more interesting.
                I always feel a bit sad when a big balloon i have played with pops

Comment

• Tracy
                  • May 2018

I don't want to intrude into a non-popper space with a different point of view, but many people who are into popping balloons are also scared of the noise. I am certainly one.

Comment

• ShredFox
                    • Mar 2019

I think Tracy's right. As a child I would anxiously stare at every balloon that I thought was even remotely likely to pop for whatever reason which of course made me terribly uncomfortable around them, although I very much loved balloons. That pretty much remained unchanged up to my late teens, when I couldn't stand being permanently distracted by them at parties and in public any more and I thought I should try to get over my fear. I started out slowly, as others described, by getting myself to blow some up, first using a pump, then my mouth. At some point I bought some (horribly small and crappy) balloons while shopping at the supermarket, about 70 of them, inflated them at home, got a pin and started tearing them to pieces, which was incredibly fun - more than I expected. And then I couldn't stop and it carried on What helped me was keeping in mind that however noisy a pop would be, it couldn't do me any harm because it was just a piece of rubber that went bang. I'm still not exactly amazed by unforeseen pops, but they don't freak me out. In retrospect, taking the step was much easier than I had anticipated before, it was really just taking a pin and going crazy on them bastards.

Comment

• EtOHLooner
                      • Mar 2017

Scared of it in real life. Love watching B2P videos, though. What can I say?

Comment

• palloncino90
                        • Jan 2018

Me too, scared in real life but i like watch clips including pops. Even if when I enjoy with my wife we are rough with balloons and as I posted in another thread one balloon popped but I didn't notice as well, I mean we just smiled, perhpas due to the moment. I must say that when my wife is inflating a balloon very big or she plays rough my anxiety doesn't leave me yet.
                        I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                          • May 2017

Yep, this is why I haven't blown a balloon now for a few years. Haven't had the motivation as much since qualatex discontinued their Q24s.

Comment

• Smothered by tits
                            • Mar 2019

I personally hate being jump startled.

Comment

• Seasidelad
                              • Sep 2018

I wouldn’t say I’m scared just don’t like the sound. I prefer to keep balloons for a time. I am scared of doing a b2p though.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎