Old 26-10-2019, 09:43 AM

SusieDK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does blowing up balloons help with axienty - something else maybe?
Hi,

Just wanted to mention another thing with balloons to maybe help decreasing anxiety:

Blow up a balloon to a size that you are comfortable with and tie it. Then simply bat it around gently trying to keep it in the air. This will require quite some attention and besides it is both nice and gentle. This is very likely to be relaxing. You can of course vary the game by blowing up the balloons more or less, depending on whether or not you want to involve the risk of popping during the exercise.

You can also decide to keep the balloon in the air for a certain time (maybe set a timer). It is not as easy as it may sound to keep a balloon in the air for a longer time - just a few minutes is enough to make it quite demanding and requires significant attention.

I know this is not all within the main topic of the thread, however it might be helpful as an 'anxiety dampening' excersise, and besides it is also nice fun.

Maybe I should also mention that this has very little or maybe even nothing to do with the sexual aspect - it will probably work for anybody. However it might work even better for people with our special 'interest'.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Susie

Last edited by SusieDK; 27-10-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Old 27-10-2019, 04:16 PM
Could be a chat bot

LondonLarry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does blowing up balloons help with axienty
I don't know about anxiety BUT they do help with Asthma. Blowing 10 or more a day helps asthmatics increase airflow into the lungs and longterm increases capacity for your average asthmatic. Or so the Dr's say.
Old 30-10-2019, 04:06 PM

Kiltieman is on a distinguished road
My balloon 'thing' started with me being scared of them or more the sudden bang if they burst. Through time I came to conquer that if I was in control lof the balloons. The reall odd thing is that I have this obsession now to blow balloons to the utmost limit. I find when I blow up maybe 30-40 12inch balloons till you can hardly touch them and have them around I feel relaxed. I like to pat them around and hear the resonating pum pum sound balloons make. I am most uneasy however if amongst people who are blowing balloons up and I have no control.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:39 PM

Ladywhitewolf is on a distinguished road
I have depression and find blowing up balloons is very calming and relaxing for me. I have no idea what it is but it makes me happy.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:24 PM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
I have big anxiety and I can say it helps me a lot.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:08 AM

BeNasty is on a distinguished road
Balloons in general help with my anxiety. The breathing helps, but I like the pressure of squeezing the loon more. Hugging loons is nice. I feel less alone and comforted. The control of the vulnerable balloon helps alleviate some anxiety.

Loons 10/10
Klonopin 2/10
Old 08-02-2021, 04:00 PM

tebe2hu is on a distinguished road
My answer is definately YES.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:08 PM
Balloons + Feet

Loonatic is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Does blowing up balloons help with axienty - something else maybe?
Originally Posted by SusieDK View Post
Hi,

Just wanted to mention another thing with balloons to maybe help decreasing anxiety:

Blow up a balloon to a size that you are comfortable with and tie it. Then simply bat it around gently trying to keep it in the air. This will require quite some attention and besides it is both nice and gentle. This is very likely to be relaxing. You can of course vary the game by blowing up the balloons more or less, depending on whether or not you want to involve the risk of popping during the exercise.

You can also decide to keep the balloon in the air for a certain time (maybe set a timer). It is not as easy as it may sound to keep a balloon in the air for a longer time - just a few minutes is enough to make it quite demanding and requires significant attention.

I know this is not all within the main topic of the thread, however it might be helpful as an 'anxiety dampening' excersise, and besides it is also nice fun.

Maybe I should also mention that this has very little or maybe even nothing to do with the sexual aspect - it will probably work for anybody. However it might work even better for people with our special 'interest'.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Susie

I can second this recommendation! When I was still in school and had a rough day, I would do this when I got home. Nothing sexual or magical about it; I would lie on the bed just gently batting a small balloon up in the air. I'd usually get so lost in what I was doing that I'd do this for hours without realizing time passing until someone would come by, usually saying something like "having fun?" and that would snap me out of it.

It really doesn't seem like much. It's just you there with your balloon, lost in the calm, silly moment, but it's very therapeutic.
Old 13-02-2021, 07:25 PM

JCB is on a distinguished road
Well I find balloons in themselves have a calming effect. The touch & feel of them is very soothing. Why? I don't really know it's just that kinda indescribable something about them.