Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b0f0s0f
    • Nov 2016

Unique 12, new formula?

I noticed that Unique 12" balloons seem to come in a new package that I've seen in some videos, but I've never seen anyone blow them up really big so I'm curious if they've changed their formula or if they're the same. I have a really hard time finding uniques where I live and I was just wondering if anyone had done a side by side comparison. Can you still overinflate them as huge as you used to be able to? I always loved how giant they got.
  • StretchEmerald
    • Jul 2019

Re: Unique 12, new formula?

Any examples of these videos? I also really like how soft and stretchy Unique 12"s can get, so I hope they're still like that!

Comment

• Asclepio
      • Sep 2018

The formula changed like 3 or 4 years ago, now for sure the unique balloons are more reliable than the old ones, but it feels like the sizes are a bit smaller. To explain it better....... before with the old formula the balloons could take few inches more than the rated size, reaching even 18 or sometimes 19 inches on the 16¨balloons, so overinflation was something amazing in those monsters. (but the quality control was not so good)
      Now the 16¨ balloons gets to maybe 17¨on first inflation if you have luck (but now the latex feels more stable and you have less unexpected pops)
      A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
        • Nov 2016

I'm asking specifically about the 12" balloons, which are different from the 16". Not personally a fan of artificially big balloons, I like 12" balloons that stretch extra big.

Here's a video of the newer ones, unfortunately my favorite video of the old ones (where they could be seen to get huge) was deleted. In this one she unfortunately doesn't make them big enough to tell how they behave at max inflation: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7zlGmZMialI

Comment

• Meililoon
          aka lyckr
          • Sep 2014

I'd never had a 12" Unique until they started selling them here a few years ago, but I've never felt like they get very big. Most colors feels relatively tight already before 12" and will start necking early. Crystal yellow is probably the ones that gets biggest in my experience. On the other hand, they seem to be quite reliable, especially for their price. I've had a few premature pops and a few with holes around the drip-point (you usually notice they leak air before they pop), but overall I'm impressed. I'd say 2-3% have "fatal" defects, which frankly is better than my experience with several of the "premium" brands.

I have noticed differences in the 16" Uniques too. Again the crystal yellows seems to get bigger than the others, but I've had no problems overinflating others as well. Biggest difference to me is that they don't shred as much when blown to pop as they used to and that they generally seem more reliable and durable.

Comment

• Asclepio
            • Sep 2018

Well if you ask about the 12” model, I can’t help you, sorry I have not any 12” in my arsenal, not so fan of such small sizes. But I’m sure another looner here can help you with your question
            A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎