Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude1234
    • Sep 2017

how do you clean balloons

So how do you clean the grease and fingerprints i want to get the shine back I'm thinking water any other Ideas
  • bigballcollector
    • Mar 2017

Re: how do you clean balloons

You can't get the luster of a balloon back...as far as I know
    Let it be, let it free...but keep it nicely

Comment

• LoneLoonRider
      • Jan 2017

Blow up a new one?

Comment

• Dude1234
        • Sep 2017

ok but the thing is I don't have the money to keep using new ones everytime a loon gets dirty and plus the balloon is special to me so I want it to last I think I'm going to try a wetwipe to make it look less dirty

Comment

• Casey88
          lukmanrewa
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Dude1234
          ok but the thing is I don't have the money to keep using new ones everytime a loon gets dirty and plus the balloon is special to me so I want it to last I think I'm going to try a wetwipe to make it look less dirty
          Wet Wipes might pop the balloon, depends on the ingredients. Get Balloon Shine, google it.

Comment

• MikeTheBouncer
            POP-O-RAMA!
            • Feb 2016

Greetings Dude1234, great topic!

I would like to offer a suggestion based on my own personal experience.

**Disclaimer - Your results may vary, so proceed with caution!**

I wash my balloons with hot tap water both inside and out which takes out the wrinkles and shrinks the balloon back down to almost its original size. Then dry them with paper towels. I have also turned the balloons inside out to dry them. A trick is to take an (unsharpened) pencil to push the balloon through its own neck.

I also have experimented with Armor-All protectant, the stuff you clean and polish the interior of cars with. I wipe the balloon with the Armor-All and then put them together in a plastic Zip-Loc style bag. Now here is my warning! Do not dunk your entire collection into a bucket and soak the whole lot with Armor-All! Do not mix your "Armor-All'ed" balloons with your new balloon collection! And do not leave these Armor-All'ed balloons for many many months sealed up tight in a bag! I did this and many balloons became kinda mushy and gross and unable to be inflated! However, this took many months of "neglect" to occur.

The Armor-All makes the balloons very nice and shiny. I have had the best experience with Tuf-Tex and Qualatex with this practice. I cannot tell you what other balloon manufacturers results will be. This is something worth experimenting with. Perhaps take one balloon from each manufacturer and experiment with them to see what happens.

As for other brands of polymer-based auto detail chemicals, like Son-Of-A-Gun and whatever European or Canadian brands that may exist may have wildly different results.

Long story short; hot tap water and Armor-All work great from my experience, give it a try!

**LIGHTNING EDIT: Here is a link to what I have used https://www.walmart.com/ip/Armor-All...ctant/19897917 **

Thanks!
            MikeTheBouncer
            Last edited by MikeTheBouncer; 12-02-2019, 01:34. Reason: Added a link!

Comment

• Dude1234
              • Sep 2017

Mikethebouncer great idea Im going to try this thanks for your suggestion. Casey88 ok thanks i didnt think it might Pop it

Comment

• Tath
                • Sep 2018

This is from Hi-Float's website. I haven't tried it myself.

Coating the Outside of Air-Filled Balloons After Inflation

A diluted ULTRA HI-FLOAT coating may be applied to the outside of the latex balloon after it is inflated to keep it from oxidizing (turning chalky). This is especially useful for clear balloons with items such as stuffed animals placed inside. Treating the outside of an air-filled clear balloon will keep it bright and clear for several weeks if it is cared for properly.

This photo shows a bear in a balloon, with half of the balloon coated with HI-FLOAT and the other half uncoated. The treated half remains clear even after several weeks, while the uncoated half starts turning chalky after a few days.

Warning: Air-filled balloons with an external coating of HI-FLOAT must be kept in a climate-controlled location. Heat and/or high humidity can cause the balloon to burst or deflate prematurely.

This dilute coating method does not work well on helium-filled balloons, since it can cause streaking.

To coat the outside of an air-filled balloon:

Stuff and inflate the balloon.
                Attach the stuffed balloon to a cup and stick to provide a handle.
                Mix 1 cup of HI-FLOAT with 2 cups of warm water. Stir gently to avoid making foam.
                Place the balloon in a large pan, and gently pour the liquid over it while slowly rotating the balloon as shown the figure to the right. Make sure the entire outside surface of the balloon is wetted.
                Hang the coated balloon up by the handle so that it can drip dry. Under normal conditions, drying takes about 30 minutes.

Comment

• bigballcollector
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by MikeTheBouncer
                  The Armor-All makes the balloons very nice and shiny. I have had the best experience with Tuf-Tex and Qualatex with this practice.
                  How long does the effect of armor all last?
                  Let it be, let it free...but keep it nicely

Comment

• Slugamano
                    • Jul 2016

I don't clean them, I pop them...

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2018

If you're having to clean your balloons, then it's not something I would personally recommend. Any kind of lubricant/additive/chemical you apply to the outside (or worse stil, the inside) is probably not going to do the balloon any favours in the long term.

I've found the best option, is simply to take more care of them in the first place. Keep your hands clean, and free from any grease, chemicals, or other associated chemicals/beauty products, and that includes things like talcum powder, deodorant, soap, etc.

If you must clean a balloon, then just deflate it until it's almost down to its original size, and then hang it somewhere cool and dry. Then pack them away in plastic, zip-lock bags, away from extreme heat/cold and light.

I'd not recommend using anything on balloons, not even water, to try and make them keep their shine or original lustre. Balloons aren't designed to be repeatedly inflated, and deflated. So, don't expect them to look as wonderul, as when you first bought them.

Comment

• BigBreathless
                        • Jun 2017

Tbh you can just use water on them to clean up any mess u made. Like bodily fluids or water based lube can be easily removed in the tub. If u use warm or hot-ish water u shrink the loon back to original size, so keep that in mind.

If u have big ones like me, use a clip to shut the neck and then u can wash away without water inside the loon.

When u cleaned them let them air dry. Flip em over to avoid wet spots.
                        Use talcum powder afterwardes to avoid the latex sticking together and u are good to go again. Or put em away fpr the moment haha

Comment

• bubblesNdragons
                          • Oct 2019

I haven't tried either yet, but I want to believe that the latex shiner on some latex clothing shops would work too, or just some silicone lube if you happen to have that lying around.
                          *notices bulge*

Comment

• Will blown
                            • Jan 2020

Since Q24s are becoming rare, I looked into ways to conserve them by turning to the latex wear community as their pieces cost hundreds of pounds.
                            You can wash balloons with a bit of pure soap in water. Here’s the magic! You can also treat them with silicone ouls. I have tried many. Vivishine is my favorite. You can get the original shine back! Silicone oils will take away any oxidation. They change the feel a bit but for me the feeling is even better. Often during sessions that last a few days I will buff my balloons. They sometimes seem even shinier than new. We can learn alot about how to treat latex from our fellow latex wear community. Loads of videos on YouTube and many products in your local fetish shop!

Comment

• Will blown
                              • Jan 2020

I have been using vivishine which the latex wear community uses to conserve their latex. I used to 5-6 inflations out of my Q24s now I am getting 8-10. You can feel that the silicone oil is making the tubber softer and it protects against oxidation. It also feels amazing and makes the balloons super shiny even if their shine has faded. It’s new to me so still learning. If it works for the latex wear community why not for ours!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎