Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dude1234
    • Sep 2017

qualtex 11inch expanding to over 1ft and still ready to inflate more

So I was inflating my Disney frozen balloon I thought to my self how big is this is it overinflated so I measured it and it's over a 1ft in diameter and still ready to take in more air happily. Is this normal for 11inch loons this is the first lot I have had it's also made me notice how small my older balloons are they are tiny
  • EthylTheAardvark
    • Nov 2016

Re: qualtex 11inch expanding to over 1ft and still ready to inflate more

Yeah, qualatex balloons in general seem to be able to get much bigger than their rated size. I feel how squishy they are and stop blowing when they start getting stiff. How stiff depends on how daring I'm feeling. With a few deflates and reblows, I've gotten nearly 16" out of a 12" balloon. Pushing them that hard will eventually make them pop, though.

I have some Tuf-Tex 14-inchers that can easily get to be 16" or more. They don't neck much and the latex always feels super-thin, but they can withstand a surprising amount of abuse.

Comment

• Asclepio
      • Sep 2018

Not so sure about qualatex, they are tough but for me 16” only go till 17” (if im lucky, but they usually growth to rated size and no much more).
      On the other hand the Unique 16” loons works perfectly to me, they can go easily till 20” before pop, so I recommend you to try them, they are created to past the rated size
      A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Nopops4me
        • Jun 2015

I've just bought some Qualatex 11" 'Happy Birthday' balloons for my birthday party later today. I'll see how big my balloons go, 12" or bang.

Comment

• Nopops4me
          • Jun 2015

I'm really disappointed with my Qualatex 11" Happy Birthday balloons. One had a hole near the neck & wouldn't blow up, A second had a very, very thin spot with loose latex alongside so I didn't take the other four past 11" (pkt of 6) as I didn't want any to burst before the party. Qualatex not for me.

Comment

• Eastlooner
            • Apr 2019

I have the same experience with BelBal 14", printed ones are the best. After a few blows they go to 16 with ease and also neck very well. Belbal 12, especially older stocks go to 14 and stay strong too.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
              Banned
              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Nopops4me
              I'm really disappointed with my Qualatex 11" Happy Birthday balloons. One had a hole near the neck & wouldn't blow up, A second had a very, very thin spot with loose latex alongside so I didn't take the other four past 11" (pkt of 6) as I didn't want any to burst before the party. Qualatex not for me.

Contact Qualatex. If you still have proof of purchase, and e-mail them, they will almost certainly help you out. Their Customer Service is exemplary! I'd highly recommend you use them, for situations like this.

Comment

• srob2
                • Dec 2017

If you measure correctly, across the width of the balloon, not the length, most balloons are over rated size when the neck starts to form on first inflation. Then the balloon just gets longer, not wider, unless you deflate it and blow it up again. You should get a lot more than 12" on the 3rd or 4th overinflation of an 11 inch, even if it bursts without a neck.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                  • Jun 2015

Thanks BalloonBoyUK for your info. Just picked it up. Of course clearing away things yesterday, the receipt, packaging etc just got thrown away. If I venture into the Qualatex range in the future and should come across this occurrence again,I'll contact them.

Comment

• snh61
                    • Sep 2017

Well a foot is 12". So a Q11 balloon going over 12" is no surprise I guess. They are high quality balloons and can get pretty tight before the bang.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎