Proud first b2p moment!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud first b2p moment!

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd tell a quick story of the other night when - after all these years of dreaming about it - I finally worked up the courage to successfully do my first b2p (three in fact!).

So I was heading to a friend's house for a small party and on the way I drove past a whole bunch of car dealerships. Instantly got on the lookout for balloons and sure enough, a couple of them still had a large amount of helium balloons still out from earlier in the day - just your standard 11"-12" ones (perfect for first time b2p). So from that moment I thought that I'd come back later that night after the party on my way home and snag a few. I know a few people here are against this idea, but seriously - it's the middle of winter here in Australia, those balloons would've been sad deflated bags of grandma's wrinkly underarm skin by morning, thrown straight into the trash first thing.

So sure enough, I left the party and snagged a few of these balloons. Filled the car up with a good bunch. I personally love the feeling of hunting down 'leftovers', then finding somewhere secluded/quiet to untie them and begin blowing them up again. For so long I've wanted to push myself to b2p in this scenario, but always chickened out. To me - it's made sense to use these balloons as a first venture into the world of b2p as they would be a bit worn out, tired and weak from the day - so therefore would perhaps not build up as much pressure as say a brand new/fresh balloon would - therefore maybe not producing as loud a bang. Well even if the theory wasn't correct, at least that's what I'd told myself mentally - which I largely believed.

So anyway, I've got the car full of balloons, driven to a quiet industrial area + sports ground type area, parked the car. Super nervous and excited, I untie one of the balloons, get out of the car and sit down against the car (as I don't want a car full of balloon shreds). The whole night I'd been telling myself that tonight was the night, no more chickening out - just keep blowing the freaking balloon up. So I started blowing, shortly the neck builds, still a bit nervous, but determined I just keep blowing and blowing. The balloon reaches that beautiful point that I've rarely reached where the neck is in full flight and you can feel the balloon starting to get hard, and it becomes harder to force air into it, which all adds to the excitement. I keep blowing and bang!...the thing explodes into an echo-ing crescendo.

That. Was. A. Fucking. Rush. In all my excitement I actually can't move quick enough to get back in the car to untie another one. It literally became like a drug that I couldn't get another hit quick enough.

The sound of the pop actually wasn't as loud as I thought it'd be. Certainly still loud, but us phobics certainly build up the idea of the sound being louder than it actually is. It may have been my theory about weaker/old balloons coming true - but that thing still built up some amazing pressure. I can now see how you (us?? haha) poppers can draw the correlation between more pressure = more volume = more excitement = more pleasure.

So anyway, I've grabbed another two balloons from inside the car and untied them both, and then half re-tied one of them (after having learnt from my first experience ). I've blown and blown, again this balloon getting nice and tight. I've now realised that I want to feel my balloons get tight as I blow them up. Bang! Amazing. I then untie the last balloon and stretch it to it's ultimate limit again. At this point my fear has dropped from about 90% to about 5%. Adrenaline and pleasure has taken over.

As far as future b2p'ing goes - I'll no doubt still be fearful, but I honestly can't see myself doing it at home. I've always thought I'd be more courageous if I were to do it while away from people, away from the fear of being heard or seen, and I guess this turned out to be true. I'd love to b2p at my own house, but I'm just not sure what my neighbours would think. Maybe one or two every now and then might go un-noticed, but I think I've realised that I'm probably not going to want to be a 1-2 b2p guy. I feel I've become someone that wants a 'session'. Ideally I think I'd have a bunch of balloons blown up big, half-tied or clipped, ready for me to grab the next one and keep b2p'ing to keep building the adrenaline after each pop.

I'd eventually love to be able to work up to b2p some of my own balloon collection - nice high quality 14" - 17" balloons, but I know deep down how much better quality they are and how intense the pop would no doubt be. Who knows, I'll maybe one day work up to those.

Summing up - amazing experience guys. Just thought some of you might like to hear. And even if I help encourage someone to try a similar thing then that's a win too. I firmly believe my theory of using potentially weaker balloons was a great mental approach.

Cheers guys and girls.
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Proud first b2p moment!

Older balloons are much easier to blow to pop. I made myself do it with a fresh one once and it was so scary. It just kept getting tighter and was so hard when it finally popped. Now I typically blow one to the limit a few times, then attempt a blow to pop when it’s a bit more stretched. They get a bit bigger then, and aren’t quite as loud. I’ve done 12, 14 and 16 inch so far.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by wildheart
      Older balloons are much easier to blow to pop. I made myself do it with a fresh one once and it was so scary. It just kept getting tighter and was so hard when it finally popped. Now I typically blow one to the limit a few times, then attempt a blow to pop when it’s a bit more stretched. They get a bit bigger then, and aren’t quite as loud. I’ve done 12, 14 and 16 inch so far.
      That's great wildheart. I like your idea of pre-stretching/inflating new balloons first to get them a bit weaker. That'd also help with confidence levels.

Comment

• Meililoon
        aka lyckr
        • Sep 2014

That was fun to read! It is an amazing rush to do. And while it's been many years since I did my first b2p, the anxiety still usually gets the better of me, so I guess I just need to keep practicing myself

I had some 14" Belbals inflated for about a week some months ago and when I decided to get rid of them, I ended up trying to b2p a few. As you say, they appeared to pop a lot easier than fresh ones (I've only tried that once with a Belbal and it just refused to pop, so I chickened out).

Comment

• Katielynn
          Expert Blower
          • May 2012

Congrats Ozzy! I love that rush
          I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

Thanks lyckr and Katielynn!

Comment

• Ramirez
              • Aug 2015

This is such a good story! I loved reading this! Welcome to the wonderful world of blow to pops!

Comment

• ShredFox
                • Mar 2019

Sounds amazing! Good on you! Even though I've popped hundreds on hundreds of balloons the idea of a b2p still freaks the shit out of me I remember one or two accidents I had, but I wouldn't count those as b2ps since they only went because they were defective. It didn't actually scare me when it happened, but with it being unplanned I was irritated rather than feeling a rush. Although I think I'd like getting over being a pussy about this I never really tried it. So you're a good step ahead of me! :P

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎