Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OverTheTop
    • Dec 2013

Cooking balloons

So, on another site, I saw some cool ideas for making balloons stretchier and able to reach larger sizes:

If they're new and unused, line a baking pan with tin foil, set some balloons on it and cook them at about 290° F for 5 minutes (for stretchier, softer balloons) to 10 or more minutes (for tighter balloons) before taking them out to cool, and then inflating and deflating them 2 times.

If you've used them, put them in a ziploc bag (Seal it tight!) and in a dryer on high for about 30 minutes, and then inflate and deflate them twice after you take them out.

Has anyone tried these or similar methods to heat balloons and make the latex more malleable?

I haven't tried any of these yet, but apparently they make the balloons a lot softer and expandable. I'm planning to try the dryer method with one of my GL500 balloons when I get a good hour or so to myself, and I'll definitely post results here!
  • Vicci
    Blown to bits
    • Oct 2009

Re: Cooking balloons

I've accidentally put some balloons through the dryer before (forgot they were in my pocket), they didn't seem to be any different size wise, but were squeakier (but that could also have been because they went through the wash before the dryer, so all the powder washed off)
    Vicci x

Comment

• Ash_738
      • Jun 2013

Re: Cooking balloons

Given my recent propensity for putting things in the oven and then falling asleep I'll probably give that one a miss....

Although yeah I do hear of people putting their balloons in the dryer. Let us know how it goes.
      Shut up and blow!

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍