You can purchase new Qualtex 24"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuciferLooner

Re: You can purchase new Qualtex 24"

BalloonBoy is rather pathetic and wont chnage as obviously he is to self rightous. Vicki needs to perma ban him.

Comment

• Balloon with a Pin
      • Dec 2019

Dear Lord. Wasn’t this a thread about the Q24? Derailed it seems. In the end it’s out of production. It’s expensive if you want them to make another run. Do with that information what you will. That seems to be the gist of it.

BalloonBoyUK, I haven’t been here long but I sense you’re very passionate about how Looners are perceived by the world at large. Perhaps, and I’m not a mind reader, but you seem to be concerned that the actions of others will negatively affect you as you fear to be lumped in with and suffer for their choices. If that is the case maybe this can help:

I lived in Korea and Japan for seven years. Both cultures are very homogenous and not entirely welcoming of outsiders (especially in Korea but this is understandable given the long history of suffering Korea has endured). They also had a tendency to judge by the group. I was not only an American living abroad but active-duty Navy. So every had thing a Sailor or American did in Japan was projected onto me by my neighbors. Some would be polite but treat me with greater suspicion, others spat on me on the train while I was in uniform (Korea). At one point I found myself preaching to the Sailors under me about responsible behavior. Guess what? It didn’t work. They shut their ears when I began talking to them as if they were children. Even though I felt I was using logic and was right about the importance of our good behavior in someone else’s nation they would not listen. Why? They were adults. They had volunteered to join the military where so much of their lives was regulated and controlled. They were in a position where they could theoretically be asked to fight and die. That was my fault. So I tried a different tack. I gave them the regulations. Gave a piece of advice about how you’d like people to act in your home and called it a day. The number of liberty incidents dropped.

You have strong opinions and passion. Great. But I would admonish that you recognize how talking down; or lack of introspection, tends to derail the point you are trying to make.

Well, I’m no orator so I’m just gonna climb back down from my soapbox and just enjoy balloons responsibly like pretty much everyone here.

Comment

• BYGavia
        • Dec 2017

Is this not a moot point? They were phoned up, they gave a minimum quantity, and we have a rough idea of the cost. No conditions like, “Now, now, don’t you use them for naughty purposes.” Just, “here are the expectations for quantity.”

The real discussion ought to be whether it’s realistic for one or more individuals to allocate funds for this endeavor. LondonLarry has a point about unwanted attention potentially raised by crowdfunding, and I respect that.

I’ve seen a petition online before that, as far as I remember, called for the reintroduction of the Q24 without alluding to looners or fetishes or whatnot. I reckon it’s possible to do the same here. “Hey, so, we want this balloon size from this manufacturer in this size (in these colors, maybe), so we’re searching for money.” Call me naïve, but I think it can sound rather innocuous.

EDIT: Found it here. Ok, so...the comments show that people are clearly dedicated; you can check out the link and be the judge.
        Last edited by BYGavia; 25-01-2020, 17:18.

Comment

• Danishlooner
          • Jan 2018

Aaaaand Mr UKs apology thread was a big joke, just as expected.
          That really didn't take you long..

Comment

• SAF
            • Nov 2019

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK

... are you really going to go there?! Wow!

Un yeah. I am new here are I seem to hit the nail on the head when I said you are more uptight than any "conservative-organizations".

I collect teddy bears and I can post a picture of one. You can point to the bear where you have been hurt. Maybe this will help with how uptight you are.

Comment

• palloncino90
              • Jan 2018

I'm wrong maybe but try to type on YouTube "Qualatex balloon" and you will notice that most of the contents are balloon fetish related. Whoever would check online "Qualatex" or whatever else balloon brand will find a fetish content related, because we all use. I don't think that those brands are worried about it and i don't think Qualatex stopped the production of their 24" due to the looners, if they did, they would stop even other kinds of balloons and other brands would follow them. I guess their profit grow up even thank to us, looners around the world and to be honest, a balloon is always funny even if fetish related and they are happy about us and whoever would notice the fetish, they just could consider our fetish weird and not that isn't a quality product and it's always clear, in any videos, we always chose beautiful balloons, it might be a favor for them.
              I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• Vicci
                Blown to bits
                • Oct 2009

I think that's everything tidied up, keep it friendly folks, I've got better things to do whilst on holiday than tidy up posts... There's a pool full of inflatables crying out for attention.
                Vicci x

Comment

• Will blown
                  • Jan 2020

Originally posted by TheMole
                  I wish there was enough trust here to pool a bunch of money from everyone to have a whole run made. I’d throw in.
                  That's the idea behind a crowd funding that I am exploring.

Comment

• Will blown
                    • Jan 2020

Ok Q24 lovers. Before we got distracted by the question of how a company perceives us, I was trying to doing a bit of informal research as to whether pursuing a crowd funding for a run of Q24s would be interesting to enough of us to make it worth the time and effort needed.

I have successfully crowd funded in the past. It requires a huge effort. That said, before I go down this road, I am trying to find out if there would be a market big enough for a successful campaign. We are a dedicated niche of many thousand and many of us really like this balloon. Checks a lot of boxes for a successful crowd funding.

Assumptions:
                    We need to raise 40,000 euro
                    We would be be able to produce 20,000 Q24s for this amount.
                    An investment of 100 euro would get you roughly 50 Q24s (Do not hold me to this price as it could be more. Set up costs and a small run? the costs could be double but still far from the +10 euro a piece currently the average on price on Ebay if not more)
                    There would be only one color - what would be your preference?.

Are there 400 Q24 lovers willing to put 100 euros each on the table. ( I would put +500 euro on the table but I am one of those q24 addicted people who will be in total crisis when my supply is gone and that won't be too long for now - thus why I would make the effort.

For tpeople who may not understands how it works money wise, basically we set a financial goal. People put their money on the table. If the amount is met, we move forward and order the balloons. If not, everyone gets their money back. The money is held in escrow by the crowd funding platform not in anyone's hands so it is safe.

So back to my original question:
                    Would you put 100 euro (you could of course invest more if you like but less get's tricky as it's not worth the effort) on the table to get a supply of Q24s.

Just exploring this solution to see if it looks likely we could come together to fund this. Could be not enough are interested. Could be we can work together and all get to restock our dwindling supplies.

Comment

• LondonLarry
                      Could be a chat bot
                      • Jul 2019

Assumptions

No mate. We don't want to hear assumptions.

Go and get the facts. Definate figure. Exact £ or $ amount. Then get back to us.

FYI this is not going to work. It. Won't. Happen. You will be £ or $ short, you won't make the coinage. Please try anyway.

10 print "This won't work"
                      20 goto 10
                      Run
                      Last edited by LondonLarry; 28-01-2020, 16:48.

Comment

• Will blown
                        • Jan 2020

No London Larry,

That's the whole point. I am not going to invest a huge amount of time on something unless I think there is a good chance of success.

You vote is no. Great. Helpful! Others? Let me know.

Comment

• LondonLarry
                          Could be a chat bot
                          • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Will blown
                          No London Larry,

That's the whole point. I am not going to invest a huge amount of time on something unless I think there is a good chance of success.

You vote is no. Great. Helpful! Others? Let me know.
                          Will.

I am going to make this as simple as I can, so you can understand. You are not going to get 400 people to give you money. You don't even know how much money you need. Sites that cater for balloon fetish, don't get anywhere near 400 subscribers a month. If you get people interested, you are not talking about ALL looners, a small part of the looner group like Q24, not everyone, not by a long shot. You seriously think 400 people are going to tie up money in a scheme to get the balloons. Then to trust you to send the balloons to them once you have them?

Come on dude, wise up. Run your scheme, I estimate 51 people will be getting a refund maximum. That is all I anticipate stumping up cold hard cash.

Comment

• Balloon with a Pin
                            • Dec 2019

I sadly have to agree. I can’t speak for everyone and am one of those who prefers larger balloons; but I’m not married to any one brand in the end. Other 24” balloons are out there and will suit me just fine.

Sorry but I’m not investing $100+ on 50 balloons. Especially when that is only an estimate.

Comment

• Asclepio
                              • Sep 2018

Im not an expert about it, but I could be sure that even when almost all looners lover the q24 loon, it is difficult to find so many people to donate money at the same time. I was super fan of the q24¨and I got really sad when I knew about the final of it, but I cannot trust another looner to give him money without any kind of refund support in case of any inconvenience. And lets be honest, not a lot of us would spend +100 dollars on the same type of balloons (at least not me, as someone before said on this post ¨Im not married to any specific kind of balloon¨).
                              A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• BYGavia
                                • Dec 2017

Though I don’t share in LondonLarry’s abject pessimism, I will agree that it’ll be nigh impossible to achieve anything without solid facts and figures...and even then, given the estimates provided, I am a little skeptical.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎