Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heaviest
    • Jun 2018

Re: swim rings

I like to know how much weight is on the inflatable, which is why small swim rings don't do much for me. They don't hold me, so I put just some of my weight on them but I don't know how much. It's still fun, but I prefer to see someone smaller sit on these. They'll sometimes hold me for at least a while if I spread my weight over the whole thing, but I prefer squashing part of an inflatable and seeing another part bulge. Unevenly loaded like that, neither a 30 incher nor a 36 incher will hold anywhere near my weight.

My partner is also too heavy for small swim rings, but there are two other women I've gotten to do this. The smaller is about 200 pounds, and the larger is 285. I thought she was 270, and I don't remember if that was a guess or if she told me that, but she recently told me she was 285.

Anyway, the larger of the two is good for 36 inch rings. She's a little too heavy for them, but the ones that survive are awesome to see. But I recently had her sit on a 30 incher. That doesn't normally last long once she sits to one side to unevenly load it, but this time it held her. She lifted her feet and sat upright so all her weight was on it and it held. She got off it so we could admire how unevenly it had stretched, then we let it recover a bit, and she got back on it, a lot less carefully. She squirmed around to see how much she could flatten. I told her the objective was to try to flatten just a bit more than you can, so that you float and all your weight is on the tube and not on the floor. She's so much bigger than the tube that she has to roll onto her hip and stack her legs on top of one another to get her weight on the tube and off the floor.

"It's flat from my hip to my thigh...there, now I'm floating!"
    "Get off your hand"
    "Okay..it's flat again...no, there, I got it! Floating!"

It still held her. I had to take her word for it that she was floating, because it looked like more than a third of the ring was flattened.

She got up and we admired how stretched out it was. We let it recover and she got on it again. The side she was not on was huge. I was going to go get a tape measure to see how much bigger it gets compared to freshly inflated, but then it popped. Not as loud as an air mattress pillow exploding, but it was pretty loud.

My partner was emboldened to try a 36 incher, but it didn't hold her. She's about 440 pounds. We didn't have any 45 inchers, but we did have a two-person, double ring float, and all three of us got on that. My partner and I have both been on it several times, so I thought it would hold the three of us, but it didn't. It did a sudden deflation that I would call less than a pop. It was a let down, no pun intended.

Comment

• heaviest
      • Jun 2018

The 285 pound woman just did another 30 incher. This time I put 20 pounds of sand-filled ankle weights in her lap, and then a 25 pound dumbell. Once again it looked like almost half the ring was flattened, but she swore she was floating, and squirmed around to prove it. I had another 25 pound dumbell, but before I put that in her lap I put a measuring tape around the bulging side she wasn't sitting on, but before I could measure it we heard a hiss, and then a thpat! noise. I don't know if I've ever heard a pop sound like that.

She said it stops feeling hard very soon after she sits on it, and it feels like it's stretching so much it feels like a balloon against her skin. It sounds like a balloon when she slides her skin on it.

ETA Ring number three. I got the second dumbell in her lap, for a total of 355 pounds. It didn't pop. It stretched so much she bottomed out and couldn't spread her weight over enough of the ring to keep from bottoming out. I measured it and it stretched from 22 inches to 28 around the part of the tube opposite where she was sitting. To get it bigger we're going to have to add more air once the thing has recovered.

ETA We let it recover and then added air so that we were starting from 22 inches on the side she had been sitting on and 23 1/2 inches on the side that was stretched. It held her and the weights for a few minutes, and she was starting to have trouble keeping from bottoming out again when it popped. It grew to 28 3/4 inches.

It wasn't a very loud pop, but it split very nearly half the circumference of the inner seam. The other two we popped today were somewhat less than that.

ETA Ring number three. 285 pound woman and 200 pound woman both got on a 30 incher, and I put the 20 pounds of ankle wights in the lap of the heavier of them, for a total of 505 pounds. And it didn't pop. They were on it for quite a while. That's how much an uneven load stresses a swim ring. It takes about 300 pounds to pop a ring with the load all on one side, but add 200 pounds to the other side and it doesn't pop. This doesn't surprise me. I weigh 100 pounds more than both of them and so long as I spread my weight over the whole thing it will usually hold me for at least a couple minutes.

This ring didn't fully recover, so I've added air. It's now got two low but wide bulges in it, one larger than the other. It's now 22 1/2 inches around one side and 23 inches around the other. If the women had more patience I'd have them still sitting on it.

Once the vinyl has been stretched a lot, it may mostly recover, but even after you reinflate the ring to make it tight again, it will stretch back out more quickly than it did when it was new. Even the smaller of these women say this ring bottoms out almost immediately. And my partner, 440 pounds, has now been on it, so it's had quite the abuse today.

ETA and...200 pound woman popped it all by herself.
      Last edited by heaviest; 15-06-2019, 22:35.

Comment

• heaviest
        • Jun 2018

How do you get two people on a swim ring? I highly recommend trying this, as it's a lot of fun.

If you both fit on the thing, side-by-side, or can fit on your half if you roll onto your hips, you can sit to either side, facing each other, with your feet facing in opposite directions. If you have a hard time sitting upright with your legs together, you can hang onto each other. You want to sit upright to get your weight off your hands and onto the ring. It can be quite a challenge to balance this way, and that's part of the fun.

If you don't fit that way, the heavier of you can sit with the hole between your legs and the other person can sit on your legs, their legs to your sides. If the heavier of you is heavy enough to pop the ring, you can lean back with a lot of your weight on your hands until your partner is on your legs. Once you are both on, you can hold onto each other to help you sit upright. You want to get your weight off your hands and onto the ring. And believe it or not, the ring is less likely to pop if your weight is counterbalanced by your partner's weight, at least somewhat, rather than all being on one side of the ring.

My partner and I can do either position on a 45 incher. Sometimes they even hold us both. We've tried the straddling position on 36 inch rings, but none have ever held us both.

In the pool it's a lot harder. I've seen two small people get on a 45 incher and float pretty easily, and I've seen a fairly heavy person pull another onto their lap and have a lot of trouble staying on. I've done it knowing I'm going to sink it and not be able to stay on it. I've actually not popped a swim ring in the pool since I was a kid, but my partner has.
        Last edited by heaviest; 16-06-2019, 00:01.

Comment

• heaviest
          • Jun 2018

Ring number four. Intex 36 incher with clear, patterned top and pink bottom. 285 pound woman with 70 pounds of weights in her lap bottomed out her half in no time. Added a little air and got back on it. She stretched this tube from 26 1/2 inches around to 36 inches, totally flattening her side again. The other side was huge, looked totally like it should blow, but could get no bigger because she was bottomed out again. Added air, got back on it, and before she had the last dumbell on her it popped. It actually hissed for several seconds, first. Only grew to 34 1/2 inches this time. Total time to popping was only about 5 minutes.

These things are a lot more stretchy, which is fun, but they'd be sturdier if they were built like the all-translucent 30 inchers.

Ring five. 42 inch wave zone fruit ring. This one my partner and 285 pound woman both got on. 715 pounds. It held them both. That one is recovering. I may get on that one with someone. All four of us have been on the 60? inch watermelon island float, but that one holds us all. We need another heavy person to put the hurt on that one.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
            • May 2017

Was casually looking at Big W last week, they must still have some left over summer stock, and got somewhat excited when one of the items was a huge inflatable wedding ring. Thought if it was that thin semi translucent PVC, I'd be right into it, but again when pulling one out of the pack, same ol same ol thick canvas rubbish.

Comment

• heaviest
              • Jun 2018

I'm not up on what the different materials are, or elasticizers, or whatnot. I like smooth, shiny, translucent vinyl. At least on the top surface. I know it when I see it. You put a lot of weight on it and it becomes hard, and you wonder how the hell it doesn't burst. You put enough weight on it and it will slowly stretch and stretch until it blows. It gets softer as it stretches, and not just un-full. The vinyl itself gets softer. Even after you re-inflate it, it's softer, almost balloon-like. It even sounds balloon-like

While it's hard you can make popping and booming noises against your skin. That doesn't work so well on textured surfaces. I think I know what you mean by the canvas texture and I'm not fond of it.

There used to be shiny, smooth, opaque vinyl that I liked, too. Not sure what happened to that.

The stuff Intex uses for the single-chamber translucent air mats and the 30 inch swim rings is good by today's standard. The 36 inch transparent rings seem too thin, and all the opaque, non-shiny, smooth or slightly textured vinyl seems flimsy.

I do like the smooth, colorful vinyl Intex uses in its photo mats, like the french fry float I got from Walmart last year. It seems sturdy, stretches a little but not so much it's flimsy, and even overinflated it held me and my partner. I just ordered a swimline butterfly float and I hope it's made of this material. It needs to hold a thousand pounds for at least a while to be interesting. I get excited just looking at that thing. If it's high quality, it should be fun, as it looks like both wings are just one air chamber. It's the kind of ride where when a heavy partner gets on, your side gets hard. The complex shape makes it seem like it shouldn't be sturdy, which just makes it more exciting when it doesn't pop.
              Last edited by heaviest; 20-06-2019, 04:51.

Comment

• heaviest
                • Jun 2018

Originally posted by heaviest
                I just ordered a swimline butterfly float and I hope it's made of this material. It needs to hold a thousand pounds for at least a while to be interesting. I get excited just looking at that thing. If it's high quality, it should be fun, as it looks like both wings are just one air chamber. It's the kind of ride where when a heavy partner gets on, your side gets hard. The complex shape makes it seem like it shouldn't be sturdy, which just makes it more exciting when it doesn't pop.
                I didn't like this one at all. The material is textured and hard. I did hold me, new girl and my partner, so it's sturdy. Not very stretchy at all, though. I probably won't use this again. Maybe if we also get new new girl on there with us it could be fun.

Comment

• heaviest
                  • Jun 2018

I got to watch two women totaling perhaps 280 pounds try to both get on a 36 inch intex swim ring in the pool. They tried to sit on opposite sides facing each other, with their feet through the center. These rings aren't big enough for adults even their size to do that, but it was fun to watch them try. It takes about 350 pounds to sink these, so these girls had the thing pretty overloaded. Lovely.

The 36 inchers this year feel thinner and stretchier than last year. They're a little bit balloon-like. You have to keep adding air, and they keep stretching until they pop. I can flatten quite a bit of these against the floor and get the other side to stretch ridiculously. I'm going to go through quite a few of them this year. Not sure they're useful for adults in the pool anymore, though, as they stretch and get soft and people think they're leaking. I've seen a 350 pound man on them, though, and my partner and I have both sunk them in the pool.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                    • May 2017

Originally posted by heaviest
                    The 36 inchers this year feel thinner and stretchier than last year.

Google brings up a heap of results for these, any chance you can give a link or a photo to the exact rings you're referring too?

Comment

• heaviest
                      • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Big Thud Joe
                      Google brings up a heap of results for these, any chance you can give a link or a photo to the exact rings you're referring too?

They are similar to past years' design, but they're more complex and multi-color than in the past. I've been getting them local.

This is what they used to look like:

ETA Amazon product pages change so I had to update one of these links. If both links show the same product then they've changed again. The first should be a similar but more colorful and complex version of the second.
                      Last edited by heaviest; 21-09-2019, 12:23.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                        • May 2017

THanks, yep, I see what you mean by the prints on them. Too much printed stuff for me, I like mine as plain coloured and bright as possible. thanks for sharing anyway.

Comment

• craggy2012
                          • Jan 2012

The one swimring that got away for me (when you could buy them I didn’t bother buying any at the time- regret that now obviously) was the Intex purple, green, yellow and red rings from around the millennium or early 2000’s. I bought tens, maybe into the hundreds of the matching 48 inch jumbo balls though.

Comment

• heaviest
                            • Jun 2018

Pool party with a social group of very heavy people and some admirers. I would have instigated some abuse of the inflatables, but someone beat me to it...

I've now seen a guy bigger than me on one of those donut-with-bite swim rings. He overinflated it, and I'm not sure if he was trying to get enough air into it to float his weight or if he was trying to pop it. He found that he could sink it completely by dropping on one side of it, and it would go so far under water that the other side would sink, too. When it came to the surface again he'd squirm to sink it, and drop on one side of it again, all the while making those boomy skin-against-vinyl noises. It was awesome. It's a really big ring and it looked like a little toy with him on it. When he got tired of doing that he got a woman of about 300 pounds to try to get on it with him. They didn't succeed, but they did sink it, repeatedly, and they made lots of noises on the vinyl.

A woman almost my size, the one I've been calling new girl, sat on one side of it with one leg through the hole, and I leaned on her. We won the most-weight-on-the-donut-ring contest, sinking it and staying stable, but it was big guy who popped it when he got rough with it again.

Another 45 inch ring met its end when four people piled on it outside the pool. My partner of about 440 pounds sat on one side of it and encouraged a guy about her size to join her on the other side. It held them both, until two smaller women joined them, sitting on their legs. I was about to suggest that they had too much weight on their hands and not enough on the ring when it popped.

The 36 inch rings were used by some not-very-heavy people, and sunk by some very heavy people, including me. They all survived the abuse they took in the pool, but out of the pool one of them was popped by a woman of about 400 pounds. She had seen my partner sit on one, so she delicately sat in the center of a ring, and it held her because they'll hold that much weight easily when it is evenly distributed, but she became confident with it and ended up scooting forward, flattening one side of it and bulging the other side until it popped. She screamed but seemed to be amused. I tried to get her to sit on another but she declined.

All the other inflatables survived, but two air mattresses went home with inner support veins broken. I'll write about those in the air mattresses thread.

Comment

• heaviest
                              • Jun 2018

Another pool party with the very heavy people, but big guy isn't here this time. There's another new girl, though, and since I already have a new girl and a new new girl, I'm gonna call this one tall girl, because she's...tall. She's as tall as I am, and I'm told she weighs as much as I do. She's not in a bathing suit, so she doesn't go in the pool. She's wearing shiny spandex yoga pants, and may be the heaviest person I've ever seen wearing them. New girl's legs are bigger, too big for the sporty ones tall girl is wearing, but she wears something similar. They both look like their pants are going to burst, which is something I enjoy almost as much as stressing pool toys

No more than one person at a time on the inflatables in the pool, and in fact hardly anyone is using them, but tall girl can't believe a 47 inch swim rings holds me. Perhaps she thinks she's heavier than I am, because she says it wouldn't hold her. I hand it to her to show me It takes some encouragement but she agrees to try to pop it.

She won't go in the pool and she's too heavy to easily sit on the ground and then get back up, so she puts it on a chaise lounge and sits on it, delicately. She's afraid of breaking the chair, as they bend a lot when she sits on them. But she sits on half of the swim ring, and the part she's sitting on flattens and the rest bulges around the chair and makes popping noises against the plastic of the chair. I'm not surprised it holds her, but she is and screams. She pulls herself more fully onto it. The corners of the chair dig deeply into it, and now she's squirming, trying to pop it, and the chair is bending like crazy. But the chair holds and the ring doesn't pop.

She gets up and we look at the ring. It's twisted and looks a bit flat, and the vinyl is really stretched where the chair pressed into it. She says she "killed" it, and I say it's just stretched and needs air to re-fill it. She finds the valve, opens it and blows into it.

I'm not really into watching people blow up inflatables, but this woman's hands and upper body are way fatter than mine, and I have to admit I find this hot. The 47 inch ring doesn't look so big in her hands. She adds just a bit of air, though, and I have to urge her to add a lot more. She does, and has a giggle fit and loses some air and has to re-do some.

Once again she puts the ring on the chaise lounge and sits on the end of it, flattening part of the ring under her and digging the corners of the chair deep into the vinyl. She pulls herself fully onto it and squirms and even bounces a bit. The chair bends like crazy, the ring is making popping noises against the plastic, but nothing breaks.

New girl pushes down on the part of the ring that is bulging up behind tall girl, and puts a knee on it and leans. Tall girl screams. The ring now has part flattened against the edge of the chair, under tall girl, a fat knee pressed deep into the other side, and the part nobody is on is bulging around the chair. Tall girl bounces and still nothing breaks. She gets up, and once again the ring is looking twisted and flat, and has stretch marks where the chair, and new girl's knee, has dug into it.

New girl adds air, puts it on the chaise lounge, and sits on it, not at all delicately, and much more on the center of the chair, which bends. Her legs straddle it, and the ring bulges out in front of her, over the feet end of the chair. It makes popping noises against the plastic as she shifts her weight on it. The part she tells tall girl to sit on is bulging too high for her to sit on, so I press it down. It's still too high, but tall girl leans on it, which presses it down some more, and she sits more fully on it. The sides of the ring bulge over the side of the chair and are pressed down almost to the ground. It makes plasticky popping noises and tall girl squirms and pulls herself on the ring.

This time, with new girl also on it, it doesn't flatten and it's hard to balance on it. I help her. She's riding so high her feet are off the ground, which means all of her weight is on it. The chair collapses in the center and the girls fall into each other and scream. But the corners of the chair are still standing, and digging into the swim ring. It's bulging out the sides. The girls find some balance and squirm to get their weight off the center of the chair, but fail.

POP! Hisssssssss.

It sounded like a puncture. When they get up I expect to find that a corner of the chair has punctured the ring, but nope. It's stretched like crazy where the chair dug into it, but it's the center seam that has blown. Only a few inches, though.
                              Last edited by heaviest; 11-09-2019, 07:45.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                                • May 2017

Winter is finally lifting here down under, and that beautiful time of the year has arrived; it's cool, but not cold, but not too warm either, for me the perfect looning weather has arrived. Not sure about other looners, you sort of don't plan it, but for me it came very very spontaineously and heavenly.

Just got out of the shower this morning, ready to face another beautiful spring day. Just got my sneakers and track pants on, and with my torso still naked, the visualisation of that ring on the spare sofa triggered that beautiful sense of well being. My body was silky smooth from being clean, there was no humidity, and that tube was still so new, it still had that nice factory smell to it.

Anyway, without any further hesitation, picked up the ring, and while standing up, dropped the ring over my had, ducked my arms through, so now the entire inner part of the ring was making contact to my torso. Got my pump to inflate it more firmly. Out of the blue, started having the biggest erection, and was rapidly heading for a good orgasm. With my fingers now clawing into the white underside, things were in full swing. When it comes this fast, it's great, it was time to hold the climax as long as possible, while kissing, hugging, clawing, kissing, hugging, and clawing that tube, constantly edging, edging, and edging. Finally after about ten minutes, my baby climaxed, never knew something so simple and unexpedted would absolutely ____ my brains out. So heavenly, when all the ducks come into perfect alignment.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎