Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blowitbig
    • Jan 2016

Re: Overinflated balloons

Its sooo exciting blowing up a huge balloon past it recommended size , and then hoping it doesn't bust ,mmmmm the anticipation is incredible
    The bigger the better

Comment

• SusieDK
      • Dec 2017

Originally posted by DeppLooner
      I find the qualatex 16 and 18 usually gets to the rated size and never go for a bigger size. I had measured the diameter and some qualatex feels already tight at 15 inches, and if you continued they pop at 16.5 or maximum 17 inches, I know that some years ago the qualatex balloons reached bigger sizes than the recommended but now I find them unattractive because they cannot reach much more than the recommended size, and for me it is a turn off. .....
      Hi there,

I usually don’t go much into tech stuff about balloons, but I will give it go anyway: I often see people claim that Qualatex balloons do not get especially big, and I must say I cannot recognize this at all. It is true that the 16”ers - and most Qualatex balloons I have tried (11” until 24”) are somewhat hard to blow and get pretty tight compared to for example Unique and Tuftex. This does However not mean they are about to pop, I think the reason might be that they are made of relatively thick latex, but I am no expert at how balloons are made. What I do know though, is that these balloons get considerably bigger than their rated size. Today I measured a 16” Qualatex, it was a limegreen crystal colored balloon, brand New from the bag I bought recently, and after having blown it up nicely I measured it to 57 cm which equals a little more than 22”. From what I am used to with these balloons it did not even get unusually big. It took 9 more blows to burst it btw.

The Qualatex balloons are - from my experience - extremely high quality, they have the most beautiful vibrant colors and they definitely overinflate very well.

This said it is true that Unique 16” balloons overinflate even bigger, However they are not as reliable as Qualatex. Tuftex are also great, but have a habit of deteriorating faster than the other two brands.

As you can probably guess I am quite a fan of Qualatex, - to me they are close to perfect. Taste is of course open for debate, however this does not go for how big the balloons can get - 22” is more like rule than the exception. I guess that is ok for a 16” balloon...

It does require some determination to blow them up completely though - they do get tight

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
      Susie
      Last edited by SusieDK; 12-12-2018, 17:14.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
        Banned
        • Dec 2018

Hi. I'm with SusieDK on this. I'm a fan of Qualatex too, purely because of their vibrant colours, and quality. I know that I can trust their balloons, when blowing them up, especially when inflating them with helium. I don't overinflate anyway, but at least I can be sure they won't pop unless I do something silly, or there's a defect in the balloon itself - which is very rare with Qualatex at all.

Comment

• Casey88
          lukmanrewa
          • Jun 2012

Originally posted by SusieDK
          Hi there,

I usually don’t go much into tech stuff about balloons, but I will give it go anyway: I often see people claim that Qualatex balloons do not get especially big, and I must say I cannot recognize this at all. It is true that the 16”ers - and most Qualatex balloons I have tried (11” until 24”) are somewhat hard to blow and get pretty tight compared to for example Unique and Tuftex. This does However not mean they are about to pop, I think the reason might be that they are made of relatively thick latex, but I am no expert at how balloons are made. What I do know though, is that these balloons get considerably bigger than their rated size. Today I measured a 16” Qualatex, it was a limegreen crystal colored balloon, brand New from the bag I bought recently, and after having blown it up nicely I measured it to 57 cm which equals a little more than 22”. From what I am used to with these balloons it did not even get unusually big. It took 9 more blows to burst it btw.

The Qualatex balloons are - from my experience - extremely high quality, they have the most beautiful vibrant colors and they definitely overinflate very well.

This said it is true that Unique 16” balloons overinflate even bigger, However they are not as reliable as Qualatex. Tuftex are also great, but have a habit of deteriorating faster than the other two brands.

As you can probably guess I am quite a fan of Qualatex, - to me they are close to perfect. Taste is of course open for debate, however this does not go for how big the balloons can get - 22” is more like rule than the exception. I guess that is ok for a 16” balloon...

It does require some determination to blow them up completely though - they do get tight

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
          Susie

Hello, did you manage to get 22" on a Q16 on the first inflation itself ? Or after few inflations ? As I always use a Q16 and its always very small on the first inflation, never get close to its rated size.

Comment

• SusieDK
            • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Casey88
            Hello, did you manage to get 22" on a Q16 on the first inflation itself ? Or after few inflations ? As I always use a Q16 and its always very small on the first inflation, never get close to its rated size.
            I simply took the balloon from the bag and blew it up. I only rarely blow up balloons a second time as they practically never survive the first inflation

I think maybe by being inflated a second time they might get even bigger.

If your balloons do not even reach the rated size on the first inflation, you must have got a really bad batch - or maybe some very old ones. Are you sure they are Q16?

Btw, the ones I have are all crystal (jewel) colors, I think they are the prettiest. I don’t know if the color affects how big they will get - apart from metallic colored balloons usually don’t get as big as the other colors.

But again, I don’t do anything out of the ordinary - I just blow them up right out of the bag.

Sincerely
            Susie
            Last edited by SusieDK; 01-01-2019, 00:54.

Comment

• Myra
              • Dec 2018

I always overinflate them. It's more fun that way. Plus I think balloons look prettier with necks. Especially the crystal ones. They seem to get more colorful when you blow them tight.

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
                • Jul 2017

Over inflated balloons are best! Prettier and more anticipation!!!

Comment

• balloons
                  Balloon fun
                  • Apr 2017

To me the fetish is all over inflating balloons. I can usually get 17 BSA to neck all the way to the inflation ring. Probably about 25 inches. They get big and rock hard i had a few pop on my, the bang is ear shattering and they usually shred.

Comment

• LoudPop
                    • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Bubblyzzz
                    Over inflated balloons are best! Prettier and more anticipation!!!
                    Absolutely! I love the tension!!!

Comment

• stobarts
                      • Dec 2018

I use tuftex 17" balloons a lot and ive often got them as big as 24" balloons ,they are my favourite balloon for getting huge and riding on

Comment

• Sl33juhrLooner
                        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by stobarts
                        I use tuftex 17" balloons a lot and ive often got them as big as 24" balloons ,they are my favourite balloon for getting huge and riding on
                        Same for me, those can get really huge.

And I guess not to long ago I had a Q24 that was really soft going over 30" didn't want to measure it to, my sole reason was to B2P the balloon.

Comment

• drumrd
                          • Dec 2013

I agree will all of you. An overinflated balloon is the best looking balloon. And I also like it when you tap with your finger an over inflated balloon and you can hear of the feedback sound (high sound, don't know good how to describe) how tight it is.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
                            • Nov 2018

Tuftex are definitely fun to overinflate...and a challenge. How well they overinflate seems to vary from batch to batch, and color to color. I tend to inflate my balloons more than once, and, as many have pointed out, TT 17 get huge.

Lately, I've also appreciated BSA 17's. As balloons points out, they get to be huge, especially with multiple inflations. With the neck, they reliably get to around 24" tall with a diameter of about 20".

Comment

• stobarts
                              • Dec 2018

I buy the 17" tuftex balloons too and yes they really do huge after several inflations ive also got them as big as 24" balloons before ,they are my favourite balloon

Comment

• Slow DeFlaite
                                • Apr 2023

I use Tuf Tex 36". After about a month of Riding I can easily get them to 52" after Putting more air in after Each ride. They get bigger & bigger each time. I only had 2 burst in over 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎