Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Galdo
    • Jun 2019

Bathroom easy earplugs

... Made from toilett paper... yeah lemme explain.

Found that out when getting into the fetish aggain. I wanted to protect my ears, but there were no earplugs around really.

I have some headphones that when you wear them they Close quite good and Isolate some of the noise from the outside (quite good actually) but still I didn´t want to use these, as they´re big and not the perfect noise Isolator.

I got an idead and made some experiments using toilett paper as earplugs... and I have to tell you... after some Training and getting it done good, that works really good.

I wear earplugs every day at work since it´s a quite loud place and I´m cautious with my Hearing... good Hearing is very important for me and so I protect my ears - with succes, having to do Hearing tests here and there at work, the doctor commented about my Hearing: It´s really good

How do These earplugs work?

Super simple... take two Sheets of toilett paper...

Put one sheet away, and take the other and hold it under flowing water under
    the faucet. The toilett paper will be soaked wet completely... under the flowing water already shape it similar to an earplug. Then... put it in your ear and Position it that it will reduce the noise.

It´s not that comfy, because since the paper is soaked wet you have water running from your ear so a few Drops might land on your t Shirt...

With some Training you can get that "earplug" to fit and I can tell you from experience it ... can... attentuate Sound as good as a proffessionall earplug.

Do the same with the other side... with the other ear

Getting These out???

After you´ve had your session with your Body heat the paper kinda dried out... it´s still very wet but it got back to a Point where you can pull it out. I usually can grab it, and pull it out no Problem whatsoever - thou, I´ve had it that the paper broke, and I had one Piece in my Hand and the rest stuck in my ear...

No Problem - using nail scissors I was able to carefully remove it...

I just wanted to give you that tip. Whenever I use earplugs at home (I even used "These" for Garden work once with a circle saw that was super loud) I use this type and for me it´s very reliable.

You can try it but be Aware of the risk... that it could get stuck. Also just with normal earplugs if you haven´t washed your ears and the "dirt" is in there, it can happen that you move it closer into the ear and after removing the earplug the dirt´s kinda inside and you Need to wash out your ear which - depending if you have the tool for it at home or not - might get you to see a doctor.

Also... do this on your own risk, for me it works... but maybe someone finds it helpfull... and gives it a try. After the initla "wet Feeling" from the water you get distracted with your session soon and won´t really notice these "earplugs" anymore
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: Bathroom easy earplugs

This doesn’t sound like a great idea. Tiny bits of paper could get left behind and cause infection. A similar (but much better) method, is to use a small piece of cotton wool wrapped in cling film. Twist the cling film so it has a tail on the end for easy removal.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Jimmy22
      Banned
      • May 2017

Why be cheap? you can buy standard ear plugs in bulk for next to nothing.

Comment

• Casey88
        lukmanrewa
        • Jun 2012

water+ ear does not sound like a good combination though ?

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
          Banned
          • Dec 2018

As others have said, wet toilet paper and your earholes, are not a good combo.

Also, wet toilet paper tends to disintegrate once it's wet.

Comment

• Galdo
            • Jun 2019

Hello,

thanks for your answers. Well I said initially be carefull. I know that toilett paper is by design desintegrating when getting wet, but for me These earplugs work.

I pre-shape them similar to an earplug before I put them in my ears. After a like 20-30 minutes session I can pull them out - carefully - and the paper became a rather strong - in terms of it sticks together - oval shaped object.

Maybe the brand is important to? With the paper we have around here it works.

Sure, when using These you always have to be carefull and if it feels bad or un comfy stop attempting to get that into your ear. It might Need some Training thou.

Regarding byable earplugs: I don´t get to grocery stores that often... and these were an idea that works for me, so there´s no need.
            Last edited by Galdo; 15-06-2019, 14:23.

Comment

• Galdo
              • Jun 2019

Been doing "it" aggain today morning... with 3 small looners and a beach ball (the looners were popped, beach ball remained)

Used my earplugs aggain and had one being stuck in my ear (I pull out the paper, the paper breaks and paper remains in my ear, can´t reach it with Hand).

I used a small fill (used for making nails fancy) and I had no Problems getting it out then... so...

I does work but there´s a slight risk with it... try on own risk

Comment

• lioon
                • Dec 2018

Do you have any in-ear ear buds? You know the style of earphone that comes with the iPhone? To be honest, I'd be less concerned about "don't put stuff in your ears" (I've been told different things by different doctors re: cleaning out earwax with a qtip, so...meh). I'd be concerned about, in the best case, irritating the skin up there and giving yourself one of those painful ear-zits, or worse, ending up with an ear infection.

But again people stick those awful iPod buds in their ears all the time, so...feh.

(And getting earplugs at the store is really what you should do. Here, we have a store called Dollar Tree, where everything in the store is $1. They sell a little plastic canister packed with 4-5 pairs of foam plugs. Last you a long time.)

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎