X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankfrank
    Empathetic Harmonizer
    • Feb 2018

Re: Soft Squishy Latex Balloons

srob2, where did you find that 40-pack of party balloons, which store? Aldi, perhaps, or...???
    People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• Helium Lover
      • Aug 2017

The unique ones used to be the softest. I just bought some and it seems they are not soft anymore.

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
        • Feb 2020

Probably not this week, but I'm thinking of ordering some larger balloons from the Walmart website. They do have some Unique branded balloons on the website.

I'm assuming that most latex balloons do get pretty soft, sooner or later. Although, I'm wondering if it might take punch balloons (which I'm planning to pick up this week) a bit longer to get softer.

I've seen others here say that Unique and Tuf-Tex aren't as durable, even if they're about the softest brands. So, for now, I'm wondering if it might be best to just stick to affordable latex balloons and be a bit patient. I definitely wanna get some balloons that are larger than 12 inches, though.
        Last edited by softsquishyballoon; 23-03-2020, 08:05. Reason: minor

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
          • Feb 2020

I now have 90 uninflated regular latex balloons, and three uninflated punch balloons. If I blow up about two balloons per week, then I should always have some soft balloons around.

The sad part for me will be discarding old worn balloons.

Comment

• Eduloon
            • Feb 2020

I use Serpentex 9” and 12”, they are rock solid at the first use, but if you inflate them and deflate them 2 times, they become really soft and squishy. Also the latex texture is really soft and shiny, even after many uses. I reuse them arround 6 times each balloon, and really few times had accidental pops

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
              • Feb 2020

Okay, stats:

Rescued balloon: very little air remaining, will probably be in trash by Wednesday (8 weeks)

First (Walmart) set: 12 remaining (had to throw out a defective balloon, last week), all are very soft. (5 to 7 weeks)

Second (Grocery) set: all 16 remaining, still a bit on the firm side (3 to 5 weeks)

Third (Walmart) set: all 21 remaining, still shiny and firm (2 to 3 weeks)

Fourth (Walmart) set: 6 newly blown up, 4 regular and 2 punch (almost 1 week)

I'm not gonna blow up any new balloons, this week. Don't wish to go overboard. I have 90 regular balloons and 2 punch balloons that remain uninflated.

I think the grocery store brand takes a bit longer to soften. I'll compare them with my third set in the coming days.
              Last edited by softsquishyballoon; 29-03-2020, 08:08. Reason: minor

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
                • Feb 2020

Well, that original balloon that started it all has gone in the trash last Tuesday and is no more. I still sometimes get the pang of sadness thinking about it, but I also understand that balloons don't last forever.

In addition, I also threw out another defective balloon from the first set I bought - so I'm now down to 11 remaining from that set.

I'll blow up the last of the four punch balloons, this week.

Then, starting next week, I'll probably start to inflate four balloons a week. I wanna make sure I always have some soft balloons around, but not have too many balloons inflated.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎