Old 15-04-2019, 08:08 AM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Hotel room looning.
For those folks that travel a lot through work, business or whatever and take a few loons along for the ride 😉.....

Last night I spent what was an eternity orally inflating two GL1200ís and now Iím somewhat loathed to let em down again. Who leaveís big balloons out whilst theyíre out? Or do folks safely pack them away again just in case housekeeping pop in during the day?

My problem is my stay isnít a one night or couple of days stay- Iím here (bar my weekends) for a possibly upto a year or so. They wonít go in the wardrobe and the wet roomís walk in shower is just a glass box (if thatís ya thing &#128558

Iím supposed to be ĎGreener Stayingí so I make n tidy my own room up for extra reward points so thereís no need for a visit off house keeping but thereís just no where here to conceal one let alone two big fully inflated GL1200ís lol!

Anyone else ever faced this conundrum ?
Old 15-04-2019, 09:20 AM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hotel room looning.
I speak about my experience: my wife and I stay in hotel about a week and we left 3 big TT 17 inflated around the room during the day meanwhile we were out and when we back we found the balloons just moved on the chairs by the workers. Now she wants that we deflated them and don't leave inflated so I feel you, it's annoying blowing several times.
Old 15-04-2019, 09:11 PM
Balloons + Feet

Loonatic is on a distinguished road
When my wife travel we always put the 'Do not disturb' sign on the door while we're out. We do this partially for security but also so we can leave our loons about. We usually only stay for shorter trips so this works out, on longer trips if we need housekeeping we just pack away stuff a bit and deflate the loons so the cleaning crew can work without having to be careful around/move the balloons.
Old 15-04-2019, 11:46 PM

Tracy is on a distinguished road
I travel all the time and regularly have balloons in my hotel room. It never occurred to me to leave up a Do Not Disturb sign, so that means that I have cleaning staff in the room every day. Sometimes they move the balloons around in order to clean but nothing more. They're trained not to interfere with your stay - even to the point where if you leave 30cl in a soda or water bottle, they won'f trash or recycle it. Why would they mess with balloons?
Old 16-04-2019, 08:30 AM

Loon119 is on a distinguished road
We did a tour of Australia, new Zealand and Tasmania back in 2018 and I had unique 16 fully inflated in every hotel we stayed in. They were absolutely fine. Mostly they were left where I had left them bar one day in Sydney where it was on a chair I suppose cleaners wanted to vacuum. Or sit on a giant balloon possibly. anyway no harm came to them and nobody said anything. Although the cleaner came in when I was in Tasmania, half way through inflating a balloon. I heard a noise but thought it was the wife who was showering at the time and the wife assumed it was me. I stood really embarrassed with a giant balloon in my hand, she looked at me and said do you need any towels or bar items? I managed to say no and she walked back out as if everything was normal
Old 16-04-2019, 09:37 AM

Dennisballon is on a distinguished road
5 years ago my wife and i went to a hotelroom in paris. when we got there we started inflating balloons and filled the whole room. We didn't putt the "no cleaning"sign on the door, because we totally forgot it. We just went downstairs and speaking with another couple at the reception, when a sudden a lady of housekeeping runs downstairs to the reception and told there was a room full of balloons and what to do....so with some red cheecks i told it was our room and she can clean the room, if she felt ok with it..hihi....
nobody told us that is was not alloud...and we just cleaned the room free of balloons when we leaved te hotelroom...
(sorry for bad english)
Old 16-04-2019, 09:53 AM

Seidenki is on a distinguished road
Whilst I've not left balloons in a hotel room, I've heard that experienced hotel housecleaning staff have lots of stories of all sorts of interesting things they've found. Balloons are likely way up the tamer, harmless and merely amusing end of possibilities. :-)
Old 16-04-2019, 07:56 PM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
Yeah a friend of mine can tell a few stories about life in hotels. He lived in one he worked at for four odd years......

In my case though I left them both inflated in the walk in shower stall as they both fitted comfortably in there. Last night when I’d got back from work n I’d eaten I had an hour or so of fun before letting them slowly deflate back down before folding and packing them safely back in my bag again. Would have been quite interesting if they had of walked in on me the past couple of nights. Last night I was riding full length one of the GL1200’s whilst wearing an fully inflated submarine escape suit and my Avon S-10 gas mask. There’s no way I could have quickly taken that lot off again in a hurry. It’s never a dull night when I’m working away!
Old 18-04-2019, 12:44 AM

Casey88 is on a distinguished road
I had this dilemma recently whether or not to leave an inflated balloon during my stay considering it was quite an extended one. I brought in my Q16 , thought the room had a cupboard where I can put an inflated Q16 inside so when the cleaners come in it wont be visible. unfortunately the room didnt have a closed cupboard. Considering this particular hotel is a regular/chosen one when I visit the city, I dont want to be the "regular guest with balloons in the room". Anyone with an experience on their regular stays at a given hotel with balloons?
Old 18-04-2019, 04:05 AM

PBK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Seidenki View Post
Whilst I've not left balloons in a hotel room, I've heard that experienced hotel housecleaning staff have lots of stories of all sorts of interesting things they've found. Balloons are likely way up the tamer, harmless and merely amusing end of possibilities. :-)
100% Correct, sir.
I leave balloons behind all the time in hotel rooms. And will continue to do so.
My wife and I are staying in a hotel this weekend. There will be balloon blowing by her. The balloons will be left behind.