Looning Etiquette - Looner Lady - straight talking!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sexyneck
    • Feb 2016

Re: Looning Etiquette - Looner Lady - straight talking!

Hi Guys and ladys

I do agree those positive replies. ���� ultimately we are here for balloon fetish purpose. Respect whether is a guy or lady. Some flirting and hot expression are fine for me as a guy. There is always a space for both sexes in this site. This makes the site colourful. Enjoy ballooning.
    Last edited by sexyneck; 23-01-2021, 01:44.

Comment

• SusieDK
      • Dec 2017

Hi,

I may be stirring up a hornets nest, but I may have seen one too many of these 'conduct of behavior' - postings, so I will try to express my view on the issue.

I will start by saying that it is my firm belief that decent behavior is an absolute 'must' if anything positive is to emerge from any kind of communication. To be treated nicely and with respect is something that everybody wish for, and also something that everybody should bear in mind whenever they contact another person. This by the way has nothing to do with gender - it is a general matter.

It is not difficult in any way - actually it is very much a matter of treating others like you want others to treat yourself. It is also already stated in the forum rules that decent behavior is expected, so as far as this goes everything is as it should be.

Of course one could argue that 'decency' does not mean the same to everybody. This is correct, but it doesn't mean that stricter rules are necessary. It is all fine that the rules aren't more precise than this rather vague concept (decency), because there has to be some room for people to communicate within. Very strict rules very easily might limit the conversation and thereby the value of the forum.
      Add to this that rules only work with people who actually follow rules. Some people simply do not care - and they won't apply to whatever rules are put up. This means that stricter rules than 'decent behavior' will only serve as limiting those who are actually already following the existing rules.

Another thing I want to address is this 'scaring the female members away' idea.
      I have shared lots and lots of ideas and experiences etc. etc. with other members of this forum, and I have only very rarely felt bad about getting a pm from neither a guy or a girl. Of course there are people with whom I do not want to take up any correspondance, but I can deal with this as can every other woman I know. It is not so difficult actually: You can say you are not interested in that kind of stuff or you can simply choose to not answer (I would do the first as this is my idea of decency - others would find it just fine to not answer which is also ok). It is another matter if things turn into harrassement or kind of stalking, but this happens very rarely (for me only two times over the years); in such situations help is needed, and it is my experience that forum moderator(s) are willing to do whatever they can.
      Maybe I should add that no rules would prevent such situations anyway, no matter how they were set up.

My personal view on this whole etiquette thing is that it is to some extend harmful and makes me feel bad. I am not made of glass, I am not weak, and if I need help with something (or somebody) I can - and will - ask for it.
      I am aware that I have joined a forum about a sexual matter - among other things; actually this was the reason I joined the forum in the first place.
      This also means that I do not expect - nor want - people to treat me as if I was taking part in an old ladies afternoon tea and cookies party. It is all fine to bring up sexual matters - because exactly the connection between sexuality and balloons is the one thing we all have in common.
      I would be unhappy about rules being put up to describe how, why and when to address me (I cannot speak for other women), because this might very well result in preventing some people to contact me and thereby I might well miss many interesting discussions. I will much rather choose for myself in which correspondance I want to participate and in which not to.

Splitting up the forum in a male and a female part is - as I see it - not a good idea at all. I am very interested in the male perspective and what thoughts and feelings go through the mind of a guy - just as much as I am interested in how it works for other women. Besides I can choose what postings to read and what postings not to read (or at least not read very much of).

I know from experience that a lot of guys are interested in what I think of as technical issues - what kind of balloons, what size, favorite color and such things, but I cannot understand why this should be a problem. If a guy finds it interesting to know what balloon color(s) I like the most, then how on earth should it be a problem to tell him? It is exactly 'decent behavior' to do so - afterall he put effort into asking. To tell him I find it a tedious question would be quite arrogant as I see it. Of course I will try to turn the correspondance in a direction that is more interesting to me, and most guys go along. This way both of us gain from the discussion.

So in conclusion: Let's behave like decent people and respect each other for what we are. Remember that decency works both ways. This is all we need. The forum - and the forum rules - are fine as it is. The few idiots are out of reach anyway - as everywhere else in life, so we just have to deal with them as good as we can. If needed we can turn to the forum for help.

The other problem that is adressed in this thread (and that I have the idea just might really be the main issue) is the issue of sharing paid content. As I never purchased anything and never shared or swapped anything myself apart from public stuff and stuff that belonged exclusively to myself I will leave it by saying that even if this issue is also in a way about 'code of conduct' I think that it should be discussed in a thread of its own. Afterall there is quite some difference bewteen matters of communication between people and these more or less commercial issues.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
      Susie
      Last edited by SusieDK; 23-04-2021, 10:36.

Comment

• Asclepio
        • Sep 2018

@SusieDK I can’t add anything to your opinion. To me the things are pretty much like you wrote in your comment. Really a good answer
        A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Little Looner
          MADAM BANGS
          • Jan 2019

I am writing from my experience and those who have approached me in private. If you think that the lack of Fem/presenting looners isn't a problem to be addressed then thats ok don't participate. But you can't erase peoples experiences because your own wasnt "sooo " bad... personally i want nothing less than to segragate the boards. I just wanted a small safe space so that maybe their first steps into this domain might be supported by other fems.

I know something is needed, i had hoped to brainstorm.

Buy like i said in my opening line, this community sure is fragile if it fears progressive ideals.

I was a looner WELL before i became a cam girl and it took me YEARS to feel confident enough to hold my own in this Masc Dominated environment - i lurked on fetlife for over a decade.. as all looners ever did was ask me 100s of questions, it was intimidating i didn't know what shape, make, size etc were my favourite, i was curious. All these questions just made me feel like i wasn't a proper looner, i didn't know, i didn't want to answer, why should i answer all these demands!! I was Not a cam girl... Now yes... i have learned all the things and know myself very well but i imagine anyone seeing some of the posts in this forum recently would run a mile..

I'm certain we can do more to help Fems

X
          I am Madam Bangs on all the social media channels.

My favourite place is Only Fans
          https://linktr.ee/MadamBangs

Comment

• xen
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by DeppLooner
            @SusieDK I can’t add anything to your opinion. To me the things are pretty much like you wrote in your comment. Really a good answer
            Seconded.

Comment

• Little Looner
              MADAM BANGS
              • Jan 2019

Originally posted by xen
              Seconded.
              said Xen whos selling a massive clip collection - PAH HA

Comment

• Asclepio
                • Sep 2018

Cmon Looner friends, I think there is no need to expose the posts of other users trying to minimize or invalidate their opinion.
                The forum is a space to expose different points of view, all should be accepted as long as mutual respect is maintained.
                If another user exchanges videos or not, well it is a matter of morality and discussion between who owns the material and the respective producers, also that topic has already been discussed before in this forum and I think it fits better in that old post.
                By the way, excellent topic, it is really interesting to read all the different opinions.
                A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• Little Looner
                  MADAM BANGS
                  • Jan 2019

Depp, piracy is not a matter of choice - its copyright infringement and exploitation..

The sooner looners accept this practice is illegal and degrading
                  The sooner we can have a more ethical discussion.

Etiquette - includes everything I've spoken about i don't understand why you want different threads for the points I've raised when you have had these discussions in the past and nothing has changed?

I will not give up.
                  X x

Comment

• Angstypopper
                    • Oct 2017

Since this thread started, I have been tempted to post a reply and then I remembered what a forum is all about. The exchange of ideas and opinions. And since everybody is entitled to an opinion, here is mine:

Every community, fetish related or not, has bad apples. For every rule that's imposed there is someone who is willing to break it. It does not matter if the rules are defined by the community or by the lawmaker. These people will do it nonetheless, willingy and indifferent of consequences. You can't change that.

There are also people who wont respect your personal boundaries (a very strange concept in the world wide web). I also sometimes get weird messages, but that's just the way it is. I usually dont reply to those or block/ignore the person if it's needed. You can't change that.

The last thing I do is try to change those people. Little Looner, your intentions are noble but I think you are expecting to much. I also do have some ideals but in most cases I am just pragmatic in what way I handle reality.

I could have just skipped this thread, but I think it's important that every opinion is heard. I'm strongly in favour of a very liberal way every forum/community is handled and trying to add rules because you have different feelings about a topic will just make it more restricted for everyone else.

Comment

• Asclepio
                      • Sep 2018

Of course piracy is a bad practice in any community, but what I am talking about is not minimizing the opinion of someone because their posts or their practices on another fields not related with this topic.
                      Also as AnsgtyPopper said, a forum is a space for different ideas (even Etiquette is perceived very different by every person as you can see) so yeah, add rules based on just 1 point of view is in certain way making the forum more restricted for other users. We have to accept every point of view cause it is the nature of a forum (as long as those ideas are based on mutual respect and be expressed in the most respectful way).

Greetings

Comment

• craggy2012
                        • Jan 2012

Respectfully I find this thread odd in so far as happy to make video content providing folks are paying, but then taking the moral high ground on males which are invariably those individuals who are paying for these clips. Anyhow..... moving on.....

Comment

• sexyneck
                          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Little Looner
                          Depp, piracy is not a matter of choice - its copyright infringement and exploitation..

The sooner looners accept this practice is illegal and degrading
                          The sooner we can have a more ethical discussion.

Etiquette - includes everything I've spoken about i don't understand why you want different threads for the points I've raised when you have had these discussions in the past and nothing has changed?

I will not give up.
                          X x
                          I seconded too.

Comment

• wildheart
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by craggy2012
                            Respectfully I find this thread odd in so far as happy to make video content providing folks are paying, but then taking the moral high ground on males which are invariably those individuals who are paying for these clips. Anyhow..... moving on.....
                            I believe she’s talking about people who pirate clips or pay clip traders instead of the actual content creator. If you buy a clip from her, then give it away for free, she’ll possibly be losing potential customers. There’s also a moral side to it. Not to mention copyright laws.
                            How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                            My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Phillwithair
                              • Oct 2020

There are ways of protecting copyright material to help stop free sharing. These come at a cost. It’s like everting on the internet. As soon as it’s copied by one person, you are going to lose control of it.

There are secure servers that you can log onto using different sign on methods and view content without the ability to down load. It’s a bit harsh I know. If you have your videos uploaded to one of these then you can get users to pay a singe one of payment for 1 video or subscription to more. It all depends if these services are cost affective to you. You may have to do your own advertisement around the the web. Use forums like this one to start. Have older videos uploaded to clips 4 sale or who ever you use and have a trailer at the end pointing to your own serves for all your fresh new content

That’s just one example. Do your research, work out the costs and implement a solution that works out best for you.

It’s good to get your points of view across. We all know what’s going to happen when you put stuff on the web. Don’t just rant on one forum about it. That won’t change a single thing unfortunately. You own that video library you and only you need to protect it. No one else will give a dam if they can get a feee video.

I have not seen any of your videos my self. I had a similar situation with a friend that I helped out a few years back. Just hope you can find something that helps and works out for you.

Comment

• wildheart
                                • Apr 2015

Even with copyright measures, people will still find ways around it. You either make it so difficult to do that people won’t bother (usually at the cost of the end user too), or make buying it legitimately convenient and cheap. That’s what valve (the company that owns steam, a game manager) does. There’s no ideal solution, and piracy will always be a thing. But often people that pirate stuff wouldn’t of bought your stuff in the first place, so you don’t loose too much profit from it. Obviously seeing people take your content and share it isn’t a nice feeling. I’ve had it happen to myself. Not much you can do about it though. If you upload something, you’re always taking that risk.
                                How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                                My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

Working...