Old 10-10-2019, 09:32 AM

AJK64 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Balloon Overinflating in Party Stores
You're a good man Bill. You should be very proud of yourself for helping so many people
Old 10-10-2019, 12:40 PM

SusieDK is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Balloon Overinflating in Party Stores
Originally Posted by BusterBill View Post
-
I am honored that I was a part of your looner "coming out". Many years ago I made it my mission, in creating The Balloon Buddies, to help myself and others to overcome our needless and painful guilt at having an innocent and harmless fetish. During the time I ran the Buddies group I heard from and tried to reassure over 3,000 looners that they were not alone, that they were quite normal, and that they had nothing to be ashamed of. It really pleases me to hear that I made a difference for so many. And I'm ecstatic for the existence of this forum and the fact that the mission is being carried forward for future generations by Vicci and other looners. We are blessed to have the Internet and a safe place to share.
-
Hi Buster Bill,

I don't know if you remember me, but I was one of those who found out not being alone in the World - and not kind of crazy - by finding your website. I still remember the words on your 'entry page': 'I bet you thought you were the only one!' I could hardly believe my eyes! Even more so when I read your story. You were also so kind to let me into The Buddylist, which was a great place as long as you ran it. Later it changed, but that's another story.

However I just wanted to once again thank you for your efforts, you are a true pioneer, and what you have done over the years has meant a lot to me (and to many many others of course). I am happy that you are aware of this.

Thank you so much - you are so special!

Big hugs from a devoted fan
Susie xx
Old 11-10-2019, 01:37 AM
Founder, Balloon Buddies

BusterBill is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AJK64 View Post
You're a good man Bill. You should be very proud of yourself for helping so many people
-
Thank you for the compliment. I really am proud for helping to bring us all together in the good old pre-internet days. There was a period of nearly 15 years before AOL, etc. came along -- during that time the Balloon Buddies penpal club, and a two quarterly newsletters (1 straight, 1 bi/gay) that I published, were the center of our universe. We had big, fun get togethers and parties. In addition, several looners managed to travel and meet each other one-on-one or in small groups. It was awesome. And then came the Internet and we were able to find each other so much more easily, but the meetups all seem to be virtual nowadays, which is kind of a shame.
=
Old 11-10-2019, 01:51 AM
Founder, Balloon Buddies

Originally Posted by SusieDK View Post
Hi Buster Bill,

I don't know if you remember me, but I was one of those who found out not being alone in the World - and not kind of crazy - by finding your website. I still remember the words on your 'entry page': 'I bet you thought you were the only one!' I could hardly believe my eyes! Even more so when I read your story. You were also so kind to let me into The Buddylist, which was a great place as long as you ran it. Later it changed, but that's another story.

However I just wanted to once again thank you for your efforts, you are a true pioneer, and what you have done over the years has meant a lot to me (and to many many others of course). I am happy that you are aware of this.

Thank you so much - you are so special!

Big hugs from a devoted fan
Susie xx
-
Wow, Susie, you make me blush. Of course I remember when you joined the Balloon Buddies. How can I forget how excited the guys were that female looners actually existed! As I recall not all the guys were gentlemen -- there were a few members, but only a very few, that I had to mute because they didn't know how to behave. But you handled them with dignity and tact, I must say. Do you remember how your presence contributed so much excitement and joy among our fellow looners? I am honored by your kind words of thanks, but you also need to give yourself a ton of credit for being a mega-brave pioneer as one of the first ever lady looners to "come out" to the community. Bravo to you! You paved the way for all the females who followed.
-
Old 11-10-2019, 01:58 AM
Founder, Balloon Buddies

Originally Posted by palloncino90 View Post
Ho BusterBill,
I would to tell you that when I discovered this fetish, the firsts clips i watched on YouTube, were yours.
-
Hi Buddy! I have to tell you that I've never been brave enough to post YouTube videos. Many people confuse me with Buster Balloonguy, also known as Buster Steve. He continues to this day to post a lot of excellent looner clips. I think those are the clips that you first discovered. Steve still shares lots of videos -- these days he mostly posts on private Facebook groups -- but he also maintains his YouTube presence and occasionally posts a new clip there.
-
Old 11-10-2019, 05:20 AM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
Hi BusterBill,
Apologize me, I was sure that you were the same person, I thought it since I join this forum. Anyway, reading your story, it doesn't change the fact that you're the pioneer of the looner communities.
Greetings
Old 11-10-2019, 06:11 AM

Slugamano is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by palloncino90 View Post
I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons
And I would be a hedgehog
Old 11-10-2019, 12:28 PM

SusieDK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BusterBill View Post
-
Wow, Susie, you make me blush......
-
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was not especially brave though, - I was simply overwhelmed by the feeling of there being others with feelings similar to mine. Seeking membership was something I just had to do. I did however feel very tense after I applied for membership. Would I be accepted - or would I need to write a more detailed application? I was so relieved when I got word that I have been let in. This took away a millstone from my neck so to speak.

I have always wondered how you yourself found out about not being alone and that such a thing as ‘balloon fetish’ actually existed. It must have been before the internet of course. I searched countless books but all I ever found was a mentioning of some people being extremely fond of balloons. This was however all it said, and besides it was in a children book about games with balloons. The book just stated, that the reader didn’t need to be like those people in order to have fun with the games in the book.

How on earth did you find out about this with balloons? Maybe you simply defined it - somebody must have done this.

Sorry for being so curious - it might also be too nosey, however the question always puzzled me.

Hugs
Susie

PS. Sorry for straying away from the topic of the thread.
Old 11-10-2019, 04:51 PM

JOhara is on a distinguished road
Going back on topic here, no, I have never asked for balloons to be overinflated although if I am getting balloons inflated I kinda hope in my head that the clerk inflating will overinflate a bit on their own.

The last time I got helium filled balloons from a local party shop the clerk did fill them to a pear shape and while I made no outward mention of it, I was getting pretty giddy on the inside.

I remember being asked what they were for, the colors were pink, pale purple, yellow and blue and I just said I was helping pick out for my friends party. Nothing more was said.

I had alot of fun riding and squeezing when I got those home and surprisingly they survived my ...ahem... session

-J
Old 12-10-2019, 02:37 PM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Slugamano View Post
And I would be a hedgehog
Definitely not into it xD