Old 12-10-2019, 10:17 PM

b loony is on a distinguished road
Talking Strange pump to pop. Btp
OK a strange thread. Anyone else ever tie them selves up naked.put a big loon on a pump on a timer so you lie they're and don't know when it will go off and can't get away from it. It just blows up until it explodes. Bit of Russian balloon roulette.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg roomofloons2.jpg (12.3 KB, 186 views)
Old 13-10-2019, 10:54 PM
Inflated = self worth

Sarah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Strange pump to pop. Btp
Does the neck not just fly off the pump? I would try that but i love a balloon to be blown up slowly. Nice thought though x
Old 14-10-2019, 03:55 AM
Founder, Balloon Buddies

BusterBill is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Does the neck not just fly off the pump? I would try that but i love a balloon to be blown up slowly. Nice thought though x
-
I have a looner friend who uses a heavy duty aquarium air pump (similar to this one) that slowly but surely inflates any size balloon to bursting. He made fittings for the pump's aquarium size tubing to upscale it to standard hardware store sized vinyl tubing to which he affixes the balloon with tape. Then he hangs the balloon somewhere in his bedroom and turns the pump on. The rate of inflation is almost indiscernable. Depending on how he sets the airflow on the pump, it can take well over an hour to inflate a Q16 to bursting. The amazing part of the experience is to occasionally look up from conversation or playing cards to see this enormous balloon that has appeared as if from nowhere over the course of time. Another side effect of the slow inflation is that the balloons definitely get much, much larger than with any other form of inflation. Having seen it in person I find the experience unforgettable and truly amazing. And the burst at the end is really LOUD and results in a shower of miniscule latex confetti shards. It's actually worth all the trouble.
-
Old 14-10-2019, 05:04 AM
Inflated = self worth

Sarah is on a distinguished road
Mmmmmm. I like thatx
Old 14-10-2019, 06:52 AM

A piece of thick plastic tubing wedged onto the pump with a balloon valve stops it from shooting off. Making sure tube is through underwear so loon blows up next to Wang towards head making it bit more exciting.
Old 14-10-2019, 06:20 PM

BigBang123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by b loony View Post
OK a strange thread. Anyone else ever tie them selves up naked.put a big loon on a pump on a timer so you lie they're and don't know when it will go off and can't get away from it. It just blows up until it explodes. Bit of Russian balloon roulette.
Sounds like a fun idea and it would probably help get over a fear of popping if you do it often. Also just curious where you got those balloons in your pic (the room looks amazing fun btw)
Old 16-10-2019, 08:00 AM

Seidenki is on a distinguished road
I kind of like this idea. I've got a small aquarium pump somewhere I bought for this sort of thing. Takes hours to blow a Q36, though. And it's so small that I'm not sure it would be able to pop one!

I have a little doodad I made with two check valves that fits onto an anaesthesia mask for blowing up a balloon. Every breath blows it bigger. Every breath! You can only stop it by holding your breath!
Old 18-10-2019, 03:35 PM

Like that as an idea. Can't stop it blowing up except if hold your breath. Would be cool if you couldn't see it so you don't know how bit its getting.