Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nopops4me
    • Jun 2015

Woodlands and Fields

Looking through b2p clips on YouTube I notice some are outside in what looks like woodland areas or fields. It looks as though the person (mainly guys) is enjoying the moment alone. I am wondering has anyone been out for a stroll, walking the dog or similar and come across someone blowing up balloons? What would you do? a). Turn around and walk away. b). Walk past and ignore what was going on. c). Interrupt them and get into conversation about what they are doing? d). Stop, watch and enjoy what you are seeing hoping they do not realise you are there?.
  • BalloonBoyUK
    Banned
    • Dec 2018

Re: Woodlands and Fields

Absolutely Option A!

I certainly would NEVER do Option C! If it was a female, I might (and I emphasise "might") choose option D, but even then, I'd probably still just walk away and leave them alone.

For what it's worth, the people in video clips, usually do these clips in woods that are on private property, or in locations that are really secluded (filmed very early in the morning, or at quiet times) so that no one sees what is going on - for obvious reasons.

Comment

• Peter P.
      • Dec 2016

Why not option c or d?

In reality it would propably be option a as well for me due to not beeing brave enough.
      But what's wrong about initiating a conversation with a stranger, as long as you are polite and respectful.

Might seem a bit weird at first in this particular situation but who knows, maybe it's an opportunity for a interessting conversation.

Comment

• Sl33juhrLooner
        • Jan 2019

Guess it depends on the situation, I am usually an introvert, so probably it won't be option c. But d might work, as long as it doesn't scare the living daylight out of the person

It happened to me once though when I still lived at my parents I used to go out to pop balloons, got busted once, and the guy didn't seem to friendly, so I walked away.

Would it have been somebody watching and then talking, who knows? I wouldn't mind I think.

Comment

• Blowitbig
          • Jan 2016

Definitely option C , i think that if it was a guy the chance of him having a balloon fetish would be highly possible ,
          The bigger the better

Comment

• MetroBalloon
            • Oct 2017

If it was a guy I would be tempted to watch and tempted to leave. If they tied it off and just played I would certainly stay and watch.

It's great watching others interact with balloons.

Comment

• LoudPopper
              • Jan 2016

Dunno what I'd do either. I think in this stage of my life with looning I'd actually probably go up to talk to the guy. I've been trying to be more open about my interest in balloons (but not about my fetish) with select people in day to day life. The difficult thing in this scenario is figuring out why they specifically were out there doing that. Chances have it that if they're out there blowing up a balloon (or popping multiple balloons) in a remote location and ALONE, they're probably doing it because they are doing it for enjoyment and/or have a particular 'interest' in such an activity. I'd say that the chances that they had an interest in balloons would be more likely if you were to find them alone 'enjoying' the balloon and/or popping MULTIPLE balloons, because theoretically anyone could be blowing up a balloon at anytime, for any reason. If you found them popping multiple balloons, then that means that they have been in this location for a prolonged period of time; meaning that the likelihood increases that they playing with/popping balloons specifically for the sole purpose of popping them. What would be weird/awkward is if you were to strike up a conversation and you misread the situation (e.g., they had other reasons for blowing up a balloon) and you were the only one admitting that you were the only one who liked balloons/popping balloons. Face palm.

Sample awkward conversation:

You: "Hey, I see you're popping balloons!"
              Them: "Yeah"
              You: "That's cool! You know, I love balloons too!"
              Them: "Oh."
              You: "Yeah, I love to play with them and pop them. Balloons are so hot! What do you like to do with your balloons?"
              Them: "Uh... what are you talking about? I'm just getting rid of these from a party. Balloons are hot? What are you talking about?"
              You: uhh.... *suddenly realizing they're not popping balloons for the reason you thought they were*
              Them: *awkwardly staring at you*
              You: *decides to run away*

Comment

• LoudPopper
                • Jan 2016

I also like to be that guy who goes to the remote location to enjoy my time with balloons in private. Even though I'm free to enjoy balloons at home at anytime I'd like, I've come to discover that there's something extra-special about enjoying my balloons alone and amongst the great outdoors. I actually got the idea to do it from watching all of those people on youtube and such as well. When I do this, I usually go out to pop balloons at night. I feel like theres an added layer of security bc it's harder to actually visually see someone if they're playing with and popping balloons at nighttime. It'd suck to be stuck in my own little world having fun and all of the sudden be 'discovered' because the sound of the balloon pop gave away my location. I won't lie though, there's sort of a 'thrill' that comes with playing at night, and not knowing if you'll be caught.

I've been caught a couple of times, or at least been spotted by someone in passing. But just being spotted by someone out there enjoying the outdoors really doesn't bother me. I don't really care because I don't feel like they've actually 'seen' me because they're usually far away enough and can't see me that well because it is dark outside. Also, I've come to notice that if someone spots you they tend to not know what to think of seeing a random person standing in a field with a balloon that bigger than the average person has ever seen (16 or 17" balloons for example), and they just keep their distance. I do get nervous of course, but I try to tell myself in my mind that a) what I'm doing is not illegal or wrong (maybe unexpected and a little 'strange') so they have no right to bother me unless they just wanna be an jerk, b) if they think what I'm doing is weird, "what the f*ck ever dude, who cares?" Balloons are what make me happy and I shouldn't have to feel bad about that (besides they probably like something even weirder than loons anyways) c) it's kinda 'fun' to be spotted but still remain anonymous at the same time. Now, being outright 'caught' is a whole different experience. One time, I believe someone called the police about the noise I was making because they couldn't tell where it was coming from. I was absolutely terror-stricken when all of the sudden seeing spotlights and police cars strolling by looking for whatever was causing the noise. I wound up ducking and having to hide in some bushes. Again what I'm doing is technically not illegal as long as I'm on private property or in an area that's still open to the public at that time. But I'd hate to have to be questioned or have my stuff rifled through by police and try to explain myself, that'd be awful.

Also at night, I feel like because there's less commotion and people/cars etc around, there is less ambient noise. The air feels much more 'still' and calmer at night. When I pop balloons at night, I feel like the sound of the KABOOM is much more 'pure' and I can hear each part of the balloon pop: the initial CRACK-ing sound as the balloon breaks the sound barrier, and the subsequent THUMP of the pressure wave of the explosion. If I'm lucky, there's even the echo to enjoy, as it the sound reverberates amongst the trees and through the field.

I'm not always playing in a field necessarily, when I play with balloons outdoors. Sometimes I'll hang out in a park, at one of the pavilions or public cabins. Some places in my town even have a really nice set up with benches, and even an electrical outlet. I've even taken my inflator out there on occasion so I could blow up more balloons, and I'll even BTP some of them on it.

I must be honest, although I typically clean up after myself nowadays, even if I made a big mess (which to be honest is a tiny part of balloon popping that I secretly enjoy bc it makes me feel 'like I did something bad (innocently)', I purposely don't always clean up after myself. Of course I'm not some terrible jerk who leaves a mess everywhere he goes every single time, I make sure the balloons are easily biodegradable, or I'll pop the balloons in a public place that I know gets regularly cleaned by a janitor or cleaning crew. But I can't resist this tiny little thrill I get from imagining the shock or confusion people must have the next day when they unexpectedly stumble upon this chaotic, sprawling expanse of colored latex ribbons which kinda resemble confetti at a party. The funny part to me is that they're encountering this just at a really random time of day, in a really unexpected place; where it's not clear when it happened or what exactly happened (of course we know it was massive amounts of awesome balloon popping). Silently they think, "what the hell happened here!" or "well, something crazy/exciting must've gone on here!" but somewhere in the back of their mind they wonder if that person/those people must've had a whole lot of fun.

Comment

• Sl33juhrLooner
                  • Jan 2019

Originally posted by LoudPopper
                  Sample awkward conversation:

You: "Hey, I see you're popping balloons!"
                  Them: "Yeah"
                  You: "That's cool! You know, I love balloons too!"
                  Them: "Oh."
                  You: "Yeah, I love to play with them and pop them. Balloons are so hot! What do you like to do with your balloons?"
                  Them: "Uh... what are you talking about? I'm just getting rid of these from a party. Balloons are hot? What are you talking about?"
                  You: uhh.... *suddenly realizing they're not popping balloons for the reason you thought they were*
                  Them: *awkwardly staring at you*
                  You: *decides to run away*
                  Now that would be a nightmare, probably the one I would end up in if I choose C

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎