Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steebs
    • Sep 2018

Chloroprene

Has anyone played with a Chloroprene (NeoPrene) balloon before?
    I'd like to know how durable they are, what the feel and smell is like. Have they ever caused skin iritation?
    There's a place i can buy some cheap-ish 8 foot ones (wow!) But i wanna know if its worth it first
  • LoudPopper
    • Jan 2016

Re: Chloroprene

Are those like wubble-bubble balls?

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
      Banned
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Steebs
      Has anyone played with a Chloroprene (NeoPrene) balloon before?
      I'd like to know how durable they are, what the feel and smell is like. Have they ever caused skin iritation?
      There's a place i can buy some cheap-ish 8 foot ones (wow!) But i wanna know if its worth it first
      1) Not played with, but have inflated and seen one.

2) They are marginally stronger than a regular latex balloon, but still not very strong. So, if you are going to play with them, then bear in mind they can and will burst with relative ease, if you aren't careful.

3) They feel like plastic latex, or a very thick, slightly-plastic-coated latex. It's kind of hard to truly describe it. Not a bad feeling, but not as fun as latex feels. I didn't notice any particular smell, but you may, depending on the make, size, and how sensitive you are. As for skin irritation, I didn't experience any, but if you are sensitive to plastics, latex, rubber and the like, then neoprene/chloroprene balloons will affect you just as much. Basically, treat them as if they were balloons.

4) When it comes to buying 8ft balloons, cheap doesn't come into it! Anyone who sells cheap 8ft balloons, is going to be getting a very raw deal. Simply put: if it's cheap, don't buy it, as it will almost certainly be a complete waste of cash. As 8ft balloons tend to be around the £40-£50 GBP mark, then expect to be paying that amount. If it's significantly less, there'll be very good reason why.

Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

• Steebs
        • Sep 2018

£40 - £50 is cheap!
        A lot stpres in australia try to flog them off for close to $200. So when i found someone who sells them for $80 i thought wow what a deal!
        I dunno if i wanna buy it though, if it doesnt feel as good as normal latex. Maybe one day when i have spare cash

Comment

• WannabePopper
          • Oct 2018

Just wanted to second the advice of BalloonBoy when it comes to buying really big balloons.

I got conned on AliExpress by buying what was pictured as a 72" red latex balloon - looked to be paddle moulded. The price was a "too good to be true" $7 including shipping from China.

What I got was a total piece of crap. Essentially a red weather balloon or a military target balloon. Probably the most poorly made balloon I have ever seen. Ultra thin latex and a nasty dull finish!

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
            Banned
            • Dec 2018

£40 - £50 is cheap!
            No, it isn't! £40 GBP is the equivalent of $70 Australian/$50 US/43 Euros, for one balloon.

That may seem cheap, versus someone selling them off at $200 Australian, but still...

I dunno if i wanna buy it though, if it doesnt feel as good as normal latex.
            Well, the feeling is urely subjective. Until you try it, you won't know. And that's the thing. Giant balloons can still feel phenomenal against the skin of your body, when you feel them being inflated under you. They wrap around the body, beautifully. But, you do need to try it once. Chloroprene just won't be as sensual/sensitive as latex is, as it's not latex.

But you should still try it once in your life! I once bought some 5ft Weather balloons, which - over the years I've enjoyed on many occasions. If you look after them, they'll last!

Comment

• PBK
              • Mar 2019

I'm not crazy about chloroprene balloons, personally. From a business standpoint I can understand their popularity. From a Looner standpoint they just don't do it for me. They're very expensive, I don't like the texture, the lack of smell, the way they look inflated.....I've bought a few (including a bunch for a steal at a garage sale years ago) and they're not my thing. I much prefer the 60" and 72" latex giants Tuf Tex offers. They are a true latex balloon.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎