Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SweetBouncer
    • Mar 2020

Meet up spots, in the real world.

Hey i know i'm new to this forum, but i have an idea that could make the things better for us, well, when the quarantine has ended and all.

There is an app for Android, (i don't know if there is a version for IOS), called WallaMe, this app allows you to hide and share mesagges in the real world using augmented reality.

The thing is, why don't we use that to come toghether, that way we could know if there is another looner like us near. Also the messages are like a pokestop, and can be both, (mesagge and pokestop), in the same place.

What do you think?
  • balloonrider
    • Jan 2017

Re: Meet up spots, in the real world.

I think that would be super cool - loonerstop and messageboard in one app

Comment

• palloncino90
      • Jan 2018

I never heard about it and to be honest I didn't quite understand what it's, might you explain in detail please?
      I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• SweetBouncer
        • Mar 2020

Here this video explains really well what it is and what it does:
        Hide messages in the real world using augmented reality. WallaMe is a free app for iOS and Android, try it now http://walla.me/download.Leave a message on th...

Comment

• Warrior Princess
          • Mar 2020

I don't know, if I am simply too stupid for it, but the YouTube video did not make me understand anything. But I am shit with technology as well....

Comment

• SirSquishy
            • Mar 2020

Originally posted by Warrior Princess
            I don't know, if I am simply too stupid for it, but the YouTube video did not make me understand anything. But I am shit with technology as well....
            I'll try to explain augmented reality (AR) as best I can for you.

AR is a way for people to use their smartphone's camera to look at something, and not only see what the camera sees, but also see other computer generated graphical imagery overlayed on top of the camera feed. So for example, if you're using an AR application that lets you leave images somewhere, like your stovetop for example, you use the app to look at your stovetop, then you can add graphics to your stovetop to view in 3D space. So if you add a little 2D flame graphic to a burner on your stovetop, you can walk around your stove and that little graphic you placed will stay on top of your stove's burner for you to view in 3D. You will, of course, only be able to see this through the phone's app.

So I think the app that OP described lets you leave text messages in the real world, using this app. So if you wanted to see a message that somebody left somewhere, you could use the app to have your phone look at something, and it would show you what you're seeing, but also show you what somebody else left in that same exact spot you're looking at. This is my understanding of how it works. Hope this helps.

Comment

• SweetBouncer
              • Mar 2020

Thats exactly how it works, but also adding a feed. And gps location in the planet.

Comment

• palloncino90
                • Jan 2018

Originally posted by SirSquishy
                I'll try to explain augmented reality (AR) as best I can for you.

AR is a way for people to use their smartphone's camera to look at something, and not only see what the camera sees, but also see other computer generated graphical imagery overlayed on top of the camera feed. So for example, if you're using an AR application that lets you leave images somewhere, like your stovetop for example, you use the app to look at your stovetop, then you can add graphics to your stovetop to view in 3D space. So if you add a little 2D flame graphic to a burner on your stovetop, you can walk around your stove and that little graphic you placed will stay on top of your stove's burner for you to view in 3D. You will, of course, only be able to see this through the phone's app.

So I think the app that OP described lets you leave text messages in the real world, using this app. So if you wanted to see a message that somebody left somewhere, you could use the app to have your phone look at something, and it would show you what you're seeing, but also show you what somebody else left in that same exact spot you're looking at. This is my understanding of how it works. Hope this helps.
                It's clear now, would be a cool idea!
                I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• SweetBouncer
                  • Mar 2020

I've left some in the city i'm going to college. But soo little people know of this app, that I don't know if any looner is gonna be able to actually find them. One is near a big old train station.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎