A Not-So-Short, and Not-So-Polite Message To All The Hetero Men Of This Forum!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BalloonBoyUK
    Banned
    • Dec 2018

A Not-So-Short, and Not-So-Polite Message To All The Hetero Men Of This Forum!

Gents,

Firstly, apologies in advance, as there's some swearing in this post. This is necesary, and I want all of you reading this to know, why I have said what I have, by the end of this post.

I have sad news for you... It seems some of you are going back to your Neanderthalic ways, and that saddens and angers me hugely.

In the last couple of days (April 2019), there have been two posts, discussing "what might happen when balloons are left behind", and both were from male forum users. I'm NOT going to link to these posts/threads, but I have one thing to say...

...Gents, this is NOT cool or acceptable!

I know that none of you mean anything by these posts - or, at least, I hope to God you don't - but as a heterosexual man, and as a balloon-fetishist myself too, I cannot sit by and watch others bring us all down like this.

And, no, I am NOT KIDDING either!

Look, if you are a single or unattached male reading this, let me explain some stuff here to you. Stuff you need to know, because it seems even in 2019, some of you still don't seem to understand about boundaries, about harrasment, about covert and overt predatory sexual behaviour, and even, about criminal acts!

Anytime you leave a balloon behind, anywhere, whether it's been blown-up, or uninflated; and irrespective of WHY you are doing so, you are littering - plain and simple. You are leaving behind something, that someone else is having to waste their precious time on cleaning-up. If you honestly think this is cool and clever, then I'm hear to burst that myth, well-and-truly, once-and-for-all.

It's NOT cool, nor clever, and is nothing more than littering!

What you are doing is a pain, for all the women and men who work as paid/unpaid/volunteer cleaning staff, in parks, towns, shopping precincts, hotels, and any other public space! It's a blight on society. It's a blight on nature, and to wildlife. And if you don't believe me, look at this:

Please Click Here!

If you think this is fine, and the image above didn't upset you in the slightest, then feel free to ignore every single thing I say. And the fact it features a foil balloon, not a latex one, makes no difference. It's still littering!

However, what you are doing when you leave a balloon behind, is NOT fun, NOT sexy, NOT cool, NOT original, and NOT fun! In fact, it's downright seedy!

I know what you are like, as I am one of you as well. We all have our desires, and wishes, and fantasies about what someone (of any gender) might do, if they found a balloon we'd left behind. Would they take it home? Would they blow-it-up? Will they pop it or keep it? Would the balloon make them into a looner too?

The answer to all of these, is a huge "no"!

If, and it's a huge if, someone finds it, they might take it home. They might pop it. They might keep it. There's a one-in-a-trillion chance, they may think of it as a sex toy/object, but you won't be around to know. And I've seen comments from others on this Forum, where others have said that they leave ballons around public places, then watch to see what happens, and some of you follow!

Holy Christ, are you f***ing kidding me?! Men, this is - in no uncertain terms - absolutely f***ing wrong, and out-of-order!

What you are doing is stepping into the realms of voyeurism, trespassing, and even stalking, and rightly or wrongly, that's all dodgy-as-hell, and wrong, no matter what your reasons are!

I'm sorry, but that kind of behaviour, no matter what the reasons or motivations may be, are indefensible, odious and wrong on every level humanly imaginable! And I'm not having it in this Forum! It's NOT right!

People, these posts are insidious, and degrading! They degrade you! They degrade me! They degrade other men (because it is predominantly men who are doing this, in the first place), and you are degrading everyone of all genders! It's indefensible behaviour, and if people think I am overblowing this out of all proportions, I assure you I am not.

This kind of wretched, sexual behaviour is tantamount to unacceptable sexual conduct! And, again, I am NOT f***ing kidding around here!

You are deliberately provoking people into trying to do something without their permission, so you can get a sexual kick out of it, or use it as masturbatory fodder at a later date! That is completely unacceptable, and NO ONE should ever be partaking in this, without mutual consent of all the other parties involved.

And this is the crux of the matter: consent!

Many of you have spoken in this very Forum, about having your "secret" discovered accidentally; of being "outed" by someone, and of the feelings of devastation, embarrasement, and crippling emotional pain you all felt when someone (family, friend or other) found out that you were a balloon-fetishist, and made that knowledge public, without your permission, nor approval.

Remember how you felt? Remember how devastating that made you feel?

What you are doing to others, is akin to that! You are doing something, to someone you don't know; who hasn't given their permission or approval, and you are using them for your own sexual kicks, without their consent!

It's NOT on, and I WON'T tolerate it, nor allow it to be tolerated by anyone in this Forum - no matter who you are, where you live, what gender you are, or anything else.

It's wrong! End of! No ifs', but's, or maybe's about it! It. Is. Wrong!

I cannot stress this enough! If there isn't consent, you are playing a very dangerous game, which - in some countries - could lead you to being arrested, and potentially opens-you-up to being put on the Sex Offenders Register!

I SHIT YOU NOT!

There are legal cases, past and pending in many countries around Europe, and the United States, that have dealt with "unwanted sexualised behaviour" from men towards women (as it is usually men who do it, and usually women who are on the receiving end of this behaviour). The men thought they were just "having a laugh" or "having a bit of fun", but as far as the law was concerned, they weren't. And these men were punished, had their names attached to the Sex Offenders Register in their respectiver countries, and in one case - which happened at the University I currently work at - that person now has their name easily Google-able, and when you do, the first page is full of stories of press and media reports of their crime!

That individual, was in their early 20's, and has essentially now blacklisted themselves from any decent job; any kind of chance of getting a mortgage or finding someone who will be comfortable being friends or developing a romance with them, because their name is synonymous with a sex crime.

Now, this isn't rare! These kinds of cases are becoming more and more regular, all over the globe! The rise of the #MeToo and #Everyday Sexism hashtags, aren't just for feminists, nor just about feminists. They apply to you men as well!

Guys, you need to learn this stuff now! What you think is a fun, frivolous act, could be interpreted by others, or by the law, as a pattern of behaviour that could truly f*** your life up!

So, I ask you, all of you, PLEASE THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU PARTICIPATE OR ACT ON these kinds of (supposedly) trivial acts! The next name in the press, may be yours, if you don't think about it.

Apologies, but this had to be said. I simply can't stand seeing people do this kind of thing. It pees me off hugely, and it's inappropriate!

DON'T DO IT! DON'T LEAVE BALLOONS BEHIND FOR ANYONE IN A PUBLIC SPACE, FOR ANY REASONS, IF YOU ARE DOING SO WITHOUT THEIR KNOWLEDGE OR PERMISSION

Okay, rant over with!
    Last edited by BalloonBoyUK; 07-04-2019, 16:57. Reason: Clarity, spelling, and layout!
  • Danishlooner
    • Jan 2018

Re: A Not-So-Short, and Not-So-Polite Message To All The Hetero Men Of This Forum!

Jesus... Calm your tits woman.

It's fine that you have an opinion to a case, but seriously stop telling people how to live their life.
    To be honest, I don't give a rats ass on what you accept or tolerate, because it's really not your problem.

So once again, stop telling people how to live their life.

Comment

• palloncino90
      • Jan 2018

Re: A Not-So-Short, and Not-So-Polite Message To All The Hetero Men Of This Forum!

...I think it's a bit exaggerrated.
      I understand what you mean, but you described the worst scenario, the guys here simply shared a mere situation, only leaving a balloon.
      I also left a balloon in a hotel room because me and my wife weren't able to unknot it and were too scared to pop, but I guess that when chambermaids found it they just noticed it and threw; maybe surprised, happy, annoyed or whatever, it certainly didn't change their day. I honestly wanted to know too their reaction but that doesn't make me a stalker.
      I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• LuciferLooner

As someone who has the fetish and has been a room attendant and a barman in a hotel, i loved to find balloons in peoples rooms left behind as i would either burst them or unknot them and wash them i even did a night porter job where there was a room with a huge balloon arch in it left over from a wedding that the people didn't want so i got to untie a tonne of them and burst the rest. And at the same job i had an ex now who worked with me so we used to regularly take as many balloons as we could from parties and play on our way home and at home.
        I think you have gone a bit over the top and obviously have no idea what people think towards an innocently left balloon in a hotel or shop or such place.
        I will agree that balloons being left in public and at outdoor locations is a retarded thing to do as littering and harm to the wildlife but people who find balloons who like them usually save them like myself and random people do and most people actually find a bin and throw them away due to caring for the environment.
        So i think in future you should think before you rant and think before you tar what you seem is everyone on this forum with the same brush.....

Comment

• MichaelLoona

First of all Balloonboy Uk. Who in the fuck do you think you are telling everyone how or what everyone can do when it comes to balloons. What are you some kind of balloon god or something ? I think personally you're just a fucking asshole. I'll be leaving this forum because I just can't stand listening to your shit all the time and treating everyone else the same way. You may think you're above everyone, but I got news for you. You're not. Get a fucking life you retard.

Comment

• ThatOneLooner
            • Mar 2016

I think if you are leaving a balloon somewhere with the intent of following someone and seeing their reaction, yeah, that’s very creepy. And obviously, don’t litter. But I don’t think leaving something that most people will think is completely innocent like a balloon in a hotel room or something is anything to freak out about. As long as you’re not leaving a massive, used balloon somewhere, I don’t see an issue.

Comment

• LoneLoonRider
              • Jan 2017

Hey mate, you need to chill. You're not judge, jury, and executioner.

Comment

• LoonLover1999

I can somewhat see the point of the OP but it’s a bit of an extreme view. For some people yes it’s annoying and a chore to have to clean up unwanted balloons left in rediculous places. Take for example helium balloons that make it to the sea and endanger marine life. That’s when it’s annoying. This forum houses a whole wide spectrum of inflatable fetishes be it balloons, inflatables etc. And we all have our own adaptation s to it which in some cases means they are forced to leave a balloon behind.

Long story short I agree doing this constantly causes some harm but it’s not intentional. A person dosen’t leave a balloon behind just to agrivate somebody and get off on the reaction. It’s because they feel they have to, it’s a compulsion that cant change easy.

This is a nice forum and some members talk about the odd thing I find wierd. I don’t judge them because we all have that wierd thing we do. Let’s not turn this into a website purely about rants ok? Tempers flaring like this do nothing but harm. I’m not gonna pick a side because everybody needs the odd rant to vent out anger but this shouldn’t go any further than it already has.

Comment

• scuba
                  • Jan 2017

As a guy who likes to use balloons to float with in water i kinda get what you mean about left over balloons harming the envirement.
                  I always take all my used and popped balloons with me home and put them in the trash bin.
                  Leaving the balloons in the nature is not ok.
                  But having said that.
                  You really need to chill.
                  Leaving a balloon at a public place does not make you into some kind of a sex offender becauce most people don't even see balloons as a sex object.
                  It's a balloon, not a sex doll or a dildo.
                  When i meet people after i have been floating on my GL1200 balloons i tell them that it's a new kind of sport i have invented, and for me it's exactly that.
                  Just becauce you see balloons as sex objects and are embarrested about it does not mean that other people see them that way.
                  They might just see a left over balloon and think "what is that balloon doing there.
                  Being a scuba diver for many years i can tell you that wearing a wetsuit is one of the things that made me into a rubberist, but I am still able to keep those two things appard.
                  What i mean.
                  Should also ban people from going scuba diving becauce they might develop a rubber fetish.
                  No
                  So once again chill.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                    • May 2017

Lmfao

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2018

Okay,

Right, first of all, I have certainly stirred-up a hornet's nest. This was absolutely NOT my intention, even if - as I fear - most of you will never believe me. Such is life. More fool me.

Secondly, I stand by everything I write, and everything I say, and I'd say exactly the same whether this is online or in real lilfe. That's just me. That's my cross to bear. Belittle me all you wish, but I'm not ashamed to call out what I see as questionable behaviour.

The fact that some of you have demonstrated in no uncertain terms and justified my post by calling me
                      - a "c*nt", in one post, that has since been removed by the mods,
                      - a "f*ck*ng retard"
                      - "retarded"
                      - "a f*ck*ing asshole"
                      - "a keyboard warrior"
                      and many other superlatives, completely demonstrates why what I said needed to be said. Such behaviour, is completely proving my point! It's absolutely Neanderthalic! It's also deeply infantile!

If that's the base level of debate we're going to have, then there's no point in me bothering to say anything further, is there? Trying to suggest that I'm in the wrong, by being rude and insensitive towards you, and then the way you do that, is by being rude and insensitive back towards me, is the very definition of hypocrisy, and that - to me - is absolutely hilarious! It also, once again, proves my point!

In response, NO, I don't believe I'm better than any of you, except when it comes to trying to treat everyone with respect and decency. I will call out any bad behaviour, anywhere, at anytime, online or in real life, because everyone needs to be reminded of how to act in a public forum. Just because you are siting behind a keyboard, which - ironically - every single one of us actually is anyway - doesn't mean there aren't real people behind them: people with views, opinions, thoughts and feelings.

Now, I knew my post was provocative. I knew it was likely to cause some controversy. I knew there was some degree that the very same people who see such behaviour as just a bit of a laugh; as something that isn't an issue; as something that no one should be worrying over, are the very people that the post was aimed at.

At no point was I stating that any of you were, or are sex offenders.

My point, which most of you seemed to have sidestepped, was that the actions you were doing COULD, MIGHT, HAS POTENTIAL TO BE SEEN AS BY OTHERS as behaviour that may lead you into trouble.

The emphasis, is on the parts I've just underlined, capitalised and italicised.

Therein lies the difference. It's the potential of the actions you do, that is the problem.

The vast majority of respondents have said exactly what I feared they would, and only looked at the issue from their own point-of-view. That's completely understandable. But everyone, including myself, needs to consider issues from all sides of view. Again, that's something more people need to do.

This is 2019! The days of behaviour that were once tacitly condoned as acceptable - such as wolf-whistling, or making smutty remarks, etc, etc - are no longer seen as appropriate. Women should no longer have to tolerate this! And no, I don't speak for anyone other than myself!

That said, I won't tolerate what I see as this quasi-predatory behaviour, conducted by men towards women, in the name of the fetish we all love! Nor should any of you. It makes looners like dodgy. It makes us look seedy. It makes us look like the weirdo's and freaks that many others would think to see us as, when we all know that we absolutely AREN'T that at all! We are no different to any one else. We like balloons, in the same way some people like to dress up in leather; some like to wear uniforms, and others like to be spanked!

We have members here from all over the world: women, men, bisexual, straight, gay, transgender, of all races, creeds and nationalities, and everything else inbetween. That's the beauty of our collective: we are all the same, irrespective of our differences. However, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't all be held to a higher standard. I'm no paragon-of-virtue, by any stretch of the imagination. Far from it. So do not get me wrong here! I am absolutely no better than anyone else!

So - and I ask these as genuine questions, that I'd really like genuine, sensible answers to - why do the majority of you not see that your actions have repurcussions? Why do you think that leaving a balloon behind in a hotel room, is acceptable? Why do you think it's okay to leave balloons around in other public spaces, such as shopping malls? Why do you think that it's okay to then watch from a supposedly hidden viewpoint further away, to see what happens, and who interacts? Why do you think it might be acceptable to then covertly follow that person with the balloon that you've just planted?

Do you not see why this might be problematic, at all? Again, that's a genuine question. If all you're going to respond with is more abusive language, and shouting, then that's not answering the questions. That's just deliberately ignoring them, which doesn't explain why some of you do what you do.

If you can't honestly justify this stuff, then this gets to the heart of the problem I'm trying to understand. All actions have consequences. Sometimes good consequences, sometimes not-so-good, and sometimes, truly heinous consequences.

So, before berating me again, slagging me off with vitriol, abusive language, and telling me that I need to STFU, tell me why. Elucidate. Clarift. Explain to me why you think it's okay to do what you do. I may not agree with it, but if you can give me valid, legitimate and acceptable reasons - maybe stuff I didn't know about - then I'll happily cease the thread, and ask the moderators to close it off, and I won't speak of this ever again.

But I'm seeking a genuine explanation here, folks. I don't understand why this behaviour towards (mostly) females, is being condoned, and I genuinely need and want to understand it. After all, you do it for a reason. So what is it?
                      If you can't or won't tell me, then that in itself says a lot.

This isn't about condemning you, in spite of what you may think. This isn't about me trying to make myself look better. (I'm not.) It's not about judging you. It's about trying to understand something, that some of you have made posts about this weekend, that I genuinely do not grasp, and do not understand why you do.

So, if anyone is willing to explain that, then please do. If all I'm going to get is more abusive name-calling, then - like I say - that tells me plenty too.

I'd also really love to hear responses on this entire thread, from any of the women in the group, to counteract the balance. I wasn't intending to exclude any of you from the debate, so my sincere apologies if I unintentionally did.

I shall end my post here, and see what the response is, if any.

Comment

• PBK
                        • Mar 2019

Well, I was debating even responding again to this thread. A big part of me wants to quietly let this whole debacle go and move on. We all have a special, common interest and I'd like to keep posting and responding to constructive posts and just forget about this whole thing as the popular consensus on the forum is you're really making a mountain out of a molehill. I wish the mods would just delete these "messages to the hetero men of the forum" posts. They're unproductive and provoke negative responses and not everyone agrees with their message. Well intended as it may be. At the end of the day, who are you? What makes you the moral police here?

You've been told by others to back off. Justifiably so. You aren't the moral police here and this community has struggled with people like you in the past who've attacked others because your moral compass is dialed in differently than others.
                        Maybe in the UK things are as serious as you make them out to be.....not in Canada. I've spent quite a bit of time in BOTH my careers working and living in the United States and I'd say not so much there, either. #metoo and other such movements brings awareness to women that have been sexually abused, groped and objectified. Far more serious than leaving a couple of inflated latex objects in a hotel room.

What I don't condone, I haven't condoned from the start, is name calling. It is inappropriate and doesn't belong here. I guess I did refer to you as a "keyboard warrior" I apologize for that. It certainly isn't any of those other things you've been called, but it is name calling. If "keyboard warrior" hurts your feelings, I'm truly very sorry. Apologizing for that is the whole reason I'm even replying to this complete debacle. I make no apologies for anything else as I've done nothing wrong.

I think we have differences in opinion on what's "deviant" behaviour. You and I will never agree on this so we'll have to amicably agree to disagree.

Again, I call on the mods to completely delete these posts. They cause trouble and serve no purpose. If I get infracted for what I post here on this, so be it. I've spoken my piece, apologized for my transgression and am moving on. I am absolutely done with this subject and I will post no further on it. We can continue to discuss balloons subjects and can continue to debate and disagree on things in other threads. Variety and difference of opinion is what makes the world a wonderful place. However, if you troll my posts you will be promptly added to my ignore list and complaints will be made with the appropriate people.

Comment

• David Black
                          • Mar 2019

Let’s face it....must of us have a common interest in blowing things up out of all proportions. ��

Comment

• LuciferLooner

PBK is on point and i agree that your thread should be deleted as you have literally just repeated yourself and have not been able to see it from others points of view, you really should not bother expressing your far right views on here as everyone including myself think you are a bit of a bully with a small mind that seems to hone in on the sexual side of our fetish where as we can have fun to without getting turned on.

PS i didn't actually call you a retard if you read my post correctly, i called it retarded behaviour to leave balloons in public/nature areas.
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2019, 14:39.

Comment

• Tracy
                              • May 2018

Originally posted by Danishlooner
                              Jesus... Calm your tits woman.
                              I'm not weighing in on this thread, other than to say don't you fucking dare to use "woman" as an implied derogatory for any person (male, female, trans, whatever) on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎