• Jan 2018

Re: LoonQuest 2 (new game)

Can’t wait. Looks great!

Comment

• Milkman
        • Nov 2017

Thanks for the game, wildheart! I really enjoyed playing it

I have a question. Is a balloon blowing animation supposed to show above all other screen contents every time a balloon is blown? On my Mac (OS Mojave) it only happened a few times, most of the time there was just sound of balloon blowing/popping, but not the animation.

Comment

• wildheart
          • Apr 2015

I didn’t have an animation each time. Maybe I should do more. The ones I did only last a few seconds, so I couldn’t use it for bigger balloons.
          How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
          My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• balloonwolf736
            • Jun 2021

Is there a android version of this game? If not then is there a way to play it on android?

Comment

• wildheart
              • Apr 2015

Yes! There's an app called joiplay that let's you play rpg maker games on android. I've tested some of my non looner games and they all seem to work. I can test it out later if you like. I did have a problem where some of the sound effects don't play though. I'll see if I can get it working as the sounds are pretty important in this game.

Comment

• wildheart
                • Apr 2015

Just given it a quick test and it seems to work fine. Let me know if you run into any issues.

Comment

• TheGrimLooner
                  • Apr 2017

Awesome idea to use RPG maker for a looner story.

Comment

• TheGrimLooner
                    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Benga
                    My main thought for an alternate take on this game would be setting up character traits at the beginning. You could have, say, 5 character profiles to choose from: lustful popper, slight phobic but curious, extreme phobic, "more interested in Meg sexually than in her balloons," or a generic woman that is midway between all of these. And each character would have certain traits that could be enhanced (or lost, perhaps) over time: A bullying meter, a mischief meter, an empathy meter, a horny meter, a "loud bang tolerance" meter and a fear meter. Maybe the phobics have shoes that can run really fast away from a bang, or maybe ear plugs with a certain amount of noise resistance until or unless they get worn down to being useless. Maybe some characters have the ability to tell the player to turn the volume up one notch on his/her computer, upon completion of a task. Maybe the lustful popper has a certain kind of pump. Or maybe if the mischief meter on a character gets high enough, she is able to "hide" the earplugs of all characters around her, or lock the door to trap victims.

Example: Your character (Kim) is an extreme phobic. She will gain health points the longer she is able to avoid a bang, and lose them when she can't. Her sneakers have 4 uses in them, but can be replenished if she completes a certain quest, though the quest will be dangerously full of balloon traps. Her bullying meter is 20/100, since she doesn't want to bully other NPC's, but if it is the difference between her getting the brunt of a bang and another character in her place, she'll take that option. She does get horny for Meg, but will always encourage Meg to kiss her rather than scare her. Her "bang tolerance" is 15/100, since even quiet balloons popping are frightening, but if she builds up enough tolerance, this number could rise (or if she gets scared enough, it could fall). Kim has the ability to put in ear plugs, though they cost her. She can also ask for more "about-to-pop" warnings during games. she also has a hose in order to blow to pop from across the room when she is too scared.

OR

Your character ("Heather") is a lustful popper. Her meters will rise based upon her blow-to-pop count and her ability to scare others. Her bullying meter starts at 75/100 and can increase if she completes certain side quests. Her empathy meter starts at 20/100, but she'd like to get that down to 0 to be an even more effective sadist. She likes Meg, but only as a partner in crime scaring the phobic. Heather can make balloons exceed their rated size by more puffs, so that the bang is louder and scarier. She is better at lying to scared NPC's about her intentions, with 3 extra "deception crystals" in her purse. If a scared character tries to run, Heather will run after her, gaining points both for re-trapping the character, but also for increasing the trauma of the eventual bang.

Side quests, in this case, would be aimed at enhancing your character, and choosing the right (or wrong) intended line of dialogue could also affect their scores. Will your character just be straight ahead in her lust for the bang, or will she bait-and-switch her way to it, or will she just sit silently while others are doing what she secretly wants? Each strategy could result in a payoff of meter changes and new items and even new exclusive locations. And/or your character could "gamble" some of her stats on those mini-games (like the blindfold "tell me when to stop" game). And if your overall score reaches a certain level by the end of the day (suitable enough avoidance for phobics, or suitable enough sexual stimuli for the "likes Meg more than balloons" character, or suitable enough destruction of others for the bully character), then you get the Certified Bully / Phobic / Well-Adjusted Normal Woman badge at the end. If you don't reach the thresholds, you are sent back to try again.

I don't know about technical capabilities of making any of this work. It is just that when I saw you tell people that three different endings are available (for Chapter 2), but most of the rest of the adventure is locked into the exact same story, it made me wonder if it was better for your character to actually gain or lose points based upon her choices. And whether there is a way to enhance the experience beyond just the same array of balloon-breathing anticipations.
                    It would be cool to make a looner game (as in include the more gamified parts of rpg maker like battles, experience and abilities). But yeah, a lot of effort and all that, and not sure how good it would turn out in an rpg format.

I'm thinking
                    -Popper and non popper etc can be character classes.
                    The battle is about popping balloons. When enemy hp is zero, the balloon pops and you get xp. This will unlock abilities and be able to progress in the story. Abilities are different interactions with balloons - b2p, s2p etc.
                    -You may do a balloon battle with other characters. If you pop with a phobic, your sadist Meter (would be like agility, strength, etc) increases, and you unlock extra abilities. If you flee the battle (don't pop) in front of phobic, you get empathy points.
                    -In battle, the non popper starts on low HP themselves, and have to heal before the enemy pops the balloon, changing the win condition. Healing is using ear plugs, running shoes etc that you suggest. You get xp for saving balloons.
                    -Use the fuck out of conditional statements to change npc reactions, open new areas and change the ending based on your sadism/empathy level, Undertale style. But would be too hard to change the main story based on this as Wildheart says, it would tripple the work.
                    -Choice of boy/girl/nonbinary characters and romance options.
                    Last edited by TheGrimLooner; 10-07-2021, 13:45.

Comment

• som3derp
                      • Oct 2021

Played your game (I think, same name and was on RPG maker) and gotta say: while there were some hot scenes, as a nonpopper i was kind of sad some pops could not be prevented.

Comment

• wildheart
                        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by som3derp
                        Played your game (I think, same name and was on RPG maker) and gotta say: while there were some hot scenes, as a nonpopper i was kind of sad some pops could not be prevented.
                        Did you play the second one? That was more non popper friendly. I should've put a warning at the beginning of the first one that it contains a lot of popping scenes.

Comment

• som3derp
                          • Oct 2021

Yeah, played the 2nd one. The Blow to Pop with Mel's Friend plus the blonde girl being very pop-happy. I mean, in case one plays the MC as a non-popper, wouldn't it make sense for them to find a friend who is not THAT much into popping (or ignoring her wishes so much just for her own enjoyment)? Lake girl seemed like a likely candidate.

I mean, just my 2 cents as a non-popper.

I know the problem is that a branching style game needs you to basically make 2~4 games in one (depending on whether the meaningful splits are before or after the first 25% mark and every 25% of the rest after or every 50% mark and 50% of the rest). Also, I am aware that poppers are a majority and most media content caters to them. So thanks for trying to also give us non-poppers a treat.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎