My mum finally asked me about my balloon fetish....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TizianosBoy
    • Apr 2019

My mum finally asked me about my balloon fetish....

Hi everyone,

My mum asked me a few nights go about why I hoard balloons in my room and she said to me that I could tell her anything and she wasn't going to judge me as my younger sister saw me with a balloon in the bathroom, she even said to me if was it a sexual fantasy and I was going to say that it was a sexual fetish for me, but I just kept denying it and I keep putting her off the subject as I was in a way ashamed of my fetish, I just didn't want her to judge me (even though she said she wouldn't have done so) or worse tell me that it's wrong what I'm doing, I'm scared of her calling me a paedophile, disgusting or something like that, what options do I have? I love my balloon fetish and I would never want to part with my balloons, but I love my mum even more and I don't want to hurt her if I do disclose what I do with my balloons.
  • BalloonBoyUK
    Banned
    • Dec 2018

Re: My mum finally asked me about my balloon fetish....

Firstly, you'll have to accept that there's no point in lying (too much) about this. Your secret is almost out, so you're going to have bite the bullet, and handle this as maturely as humanly possible.

Secondly - and without meaning to be insensitive to your circumstances - you need to determine "what" your younger sister saw. Did she catch you masturbating in the bath, with a balloon, or were you cuddling it, or rubbing it over yourself. Depending on what she saw, will (in my view) determine what you need to do.

If your sister, didn't see you doing anything dubious/sexual, then you may be able to fob your Mum (and sister) off with a vague excuse, that you were just experimenting with a toy, for fun, as a one-off. If they buy that, then great, but you'll then need to be much more careful from now on.

But, assuming, however, that you were doing something sexual with the balloon, then you're going to have to come clean, albeit in one of two ways:

Option 1) Tell your Mum that you have a fetish for them, and what that entails, and hope that the shit doesn't hit the proverbial fan.

Option 2) Bend the truth a bit, and DON'T say you have a fetish, but DO say that you find balloons a comforter, which helps with your anxiety, and then hope she accepts this. Depending on if she believes you or not, you will then either have to spin this out, as far as you need to, in order to put her off the scent, and then learn to be far more discrete and careful in the future, OR if she doesn't believe you, then you'll have to go back to Option 1, and hope that she's as open-minded as she claims.

I don't know what the best option is. If I were you, I'd be doing my best NOT to tell them it's a fetish, but I'm not you, and I don't know what your family situation is like, so can't say whether them knowing will cause you problems or be used against you to make fun of you, even in a marginally silly fashion, at some later date.

Ultimately, you may just have to accept that the damage is done, and see how this turns out.

The only other option, is to say to your Mum that this was a once-off experiment, and then keep all of your balloon stash hidden forever more, and be a lot more careful. This will mean hiding your fetish, not partaking in it at anytime, unless it's safe to do so, and basically rationing any balloon fun to maybe once a month, when you may have the house to yourself, for an hour or more, and no one can see what you do. I used to have to do this, and thankfully, never got caught. But your home life (and mental strength) may not be conducive to this. It requires a lot of willpower, deception (of sorts), and the ability to think on your feet, in case someone comes home early, and sees you. (Can you hide, deflate or pop the balloons, in less than 30 seconds? What evidence will be left behind? Will anyone discover anything?) It's tricky, but it can be done, albeit with a lot of mental agility and tenacity.

You'll then need to look at considering moving-out sooner, rather than later, as soon as financially possible, and then you can partake in your fetish as often as you want. Living under someone elses roof, and knowing how people are, means that you were bound to get discovered sooner rather than later, because family can be real nosey so-and-so's at the best of times.

I'm sorry you've been discovered, but this is why sometimes it's best NOT to tell anyone anything, at anytime, about the fetish, until you can control the situaton better. Right now, the control is out of your hands, and that's the worst thing, in my view.

Good Luck though, in whatever you decide to do, and I hope it all works out.
    Last edited by BalloonBoyUK; 24-06-2019, 12:52.

Comment

• Eastlooner
      • Apr 2019

I have never had such a problem living under my parents roof, was just lucky...What would I do- I think that the second option given by BalloonBoyUk is the right choice. You don't need to start with the word fetish, although having any isnt anything wrong. Plenty of us have normal families and lead the normal life trying to hide something before children this time. There's also nothing wrong with telling just a truth. Don't feel yourself making anything wrong. Balloon fetish also stays in strong opposition to any paedophillic accents...these are South and North Poles and I think it's easy to understand it...Just try to be honest especially to your Mom. Every Mom loves her children
      BTW: nice collection of loons Enjoy this without the fear of being "catched".
      Good luck

Comment

• Slugamano
        • Jul 2016

When I was about 13 my stepfather cought me on popping a balloon in the bathroom. He said nothing but after that I always found some balloons in my drawer...

Comment

• Jimmy22
          Banned
          • May 2017

Originally posted by Slugamano
          When I was about 13 my stepfather cought me on popping a balloon in the bathroom. He said nothing but after that I always found some balloons in my drawer...
          There is always that awkward I know you know scenario. None can be as bad as a close friend that at the age of 14 spent some of his school holidays at his Aunts house. He had a thing about masturbating wearing headphones, so he’s there in the bedroom on the bed eyes closed bashing away. When he finished he opened his eyes looked over and there was a cup of tea on the table next to the bed. She’d been in while he was rubbing 1 out and left the tea. He had to stay there for the rest of the week, talk about awkward.

Comment

• TizianosBoy
            • Apr 2019

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
            Firstly, you'll have to accept that there's no point in lying (too much) about this. Your secret is almost out, so you're going to have bite the bullet, and handle this as maturely as humanly possible.

Secondly - and without meaning to be insensitive to your circumstances - you need to determine "what" your younger sister saw. Did she catch you masturbating in the bath, with a balloon, or were you cuddling it, or rubbing it over yourself. Depending on what she saw, will (in my view) determine what you need to do.

If your sister, didn't see you doing anything dubious/sexual, then you may be able to fob your Mum (and sister) off with a vague excuse, that you were just experimenting with a toy, for fun, as a one-off. If they buy that, then great, but you'll then need to be much more careful from now on.

But, assuming, however, that you were doing something sexual with the balloon, then you're going to have to come clean, albeit in one of two ways:

Option 1) Tell your Mum that you have a fetish for them, and what that entails, and hope that the shit doesn't hit the proverbial fan.

Option 2) Bend the truth a bit, and DON'T say you have a fetish, but DO say that you find balloons a comforter, which helps with your anxiety, and then hope she accepts this. Depending on if she believes you or not, you will then either have to spin this out, as far as you need to, in order to put her off the scent, and then learn to be far more discrete and careful in the future, OR if she doesn't believe you, then you'll have to go back to Option 1, and hope that she's as open-minded as she claims.

I don't know what the best option is. If I were you, I'd be doing my best NOT to tell them it's a fetish, but I'm not you, and I don't know what your family situation is like, so can't say whether them knowing will cause you problems or be used against you to make fun of you, even in a marginally silly fashion, at some later date.

Ultimately, you may just have to accept that the damage is done, and see how this turns out.

The only other option, is to say to your Mum that this was a once-off experiment, and then keep all of your balloon stash hidden forever more, and be a lot more careful. This will mean hiding your fetish, not partaking in it at anytime, unless it's safe to do so, and basically rationing any balloon fun to maybe once a month, when you may have the house to yourself, for an hour or more, and no one can see what you do. I used to have to do this, and thankfully, never got caught. But your home life (and mental strength) may not be conducive to this. It requires a lot of willpower, deception (of sorts), and the ability to think on your feet, in case someone comes home early, and sees you. (Can you hide, deflate or pop the balloons, in less than 30 seconds? What evidence will be left behind? Will anyone discover anything?) It's tricky, but it can be done, albeit with a lot of mental agility and tenacity.

You'll then need to look at considering moving-out sooner, rather than later, as soon as financially possible, and then you can partake in your fetish as often as you want. Living under someone elses roof, and knowing how people are, means that you were bound to get discovered sooner rather than later, because family can be real nosey so-and-so's at the best of times.

I'm sorry you've been discovered, but this is why sometimes it's best NOT to tell anyone anything, at anytime, about the fetish, until you can control the situaton better. Right now, the control is out of your hands, and that's the worst thing, in my view.

Good Luck though, in whatever you decide to do, and I hope it all works out.
            Thanks for your words , luckily the balloon was on the floor so my sister didn't see me do anything sexual with the balloon, all she did was ask me why the balloon was there and I just stood there scratching my head and skin, I can't move out at the moment as I have special needs and would find it difficult to do so right now, the only good thing about my mum is that she doesn't bring my balloons up again, as in she only talks about it once and just doesn't bring it up again.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
              Banned
              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by TizianosBoy
              Thanks for your words , luckily the balloon was on the floor so my sister didn't see me do anything sexual with the balloon, all she did was ask me why the balloon was there and I just stood there scratching my head and skin, I can't move out at the moment as I have special needs and would find it difficult to do so right now, the only good thing about my mum is that she doesn't bring my balloons up again, as in she only talks about it once and just doesn't bring it up again.
              I'm glad my words were of some help. I'm also glad that your sister saw nothing suspicious. This helps backup anything you say, and makes it less potential that you need to say anything about this being a fetish.

The fact your sister used a coathanger to unlock the bathroom door, is both scary, and horrendous at the same time. But, that's besides the point.

If I were you, the odds are actually stacked in your favour. The balloon in the bathroom that your sister saw, was on the floor, so you can easily say that a friend from school/college (or wherever) gave it to you, as a joke/prank/bit of fun, and they were also given to others too. You put the balloon in a pocket, and then forgot about it. As you got undressed in the bathroom, it must've fallen out. All perfectly innocent, logical, plausible. All excusable. So that's that issue dealt with, in my view. Of course, if you get caught again, with a balloon, it could be harder to "justify" why it's there. But fingers-crossed, and all that!

So, the only issue to deal with now, is what your Mum asked you. Obviously, I don't know you, nor your Mum, nor your family, or your home life, so please take my advice, and use it or don't use it. Tailor it to your own needs, and go from there. It's purely advice, but you are free to listen to, or ignore any/all of it.

Ultimately, I think you've been lucky. I would tell your Mum, NOT that you have a fetish, but that you have balloons around your room, for anxiety/stress-relief. If you want too, blame it on your Special Needs, if that helps. (Lots of people with Special Needs, or health conditions of one kind or other, suffer from anxiety and stress, so this isn't uncommon.) I have Aspergers. I actually DO use balloons for stress-relief, as well as the fact I'm a non-popping looner. Some of my friends know the first bit, but not the second - for obvious reasons. More importantly, your Mum doesn't need to know that you have a fetish for balloons. That bit of info is something irrelevant to the debate, in my view. So shift the debate in your favour, and be honest with her, by using the anxiety/stress-relief angle.

If you tell her that, 1) it's partly true (blowing-up and playing with balloons is deefinitely stress-relieving), and 2) you won't need to explain things to her again, if - by some miracle - she discovers balloons at home again, or in your room. It's basically a win-win. She is placated, and you are saved from having to tell her your big secret.

I'm all of the belief that - rightly or wrongly - people should only be told stuff, on a need-to-know-basis. And, in my view, she doesn't need to know that you have a balloon fetish. She just needs a reasonable answer, so she can understand "why I hoard balloons in my room". She also wants to make sure that the balloons are just balloons, and not being used for anything nefarious. (Bear in mind, balloons can also be used to carry drugs, or can be filled with various gases, and then people suck the gas out of the balloon to get high. She may be worried that is what you might be into. Unlikely, I agree, but potentially something you want to nip-in-the-bud.)

If you give her a valid reason for why you have the balloons, then she won't ask you again, and she'll be safe knowing that you - her beloved son - is safe and well, and not up to anything he shouldn't be. Parents worry, and whilst they worry about the most innocuous of things, they still worry, and fear the worst.

So allay those fears. Tell her you sometimes need balloons around to chill-out, to keep calm, to reduce anxiety/stress. It's a valid reason, and it's perfectly comfortable. Some people have blankets. Some people bite their nails or suck their thumbs. Some people eat food or consume alcohol. Your "poison-of-choice" is a toy balloon: something light, fun, innocent and cheery.

That's my advice, but as I say, it's up to you what you tell her. I don't think ignoring her question and hoping she never asks again is a good way to handle it. Right now, she has a question, and she wants an answer. So give her a reasonable answer that she can understand and accept, and - if God-forbid she discusses this with anyone else, though I would hope she wouldn't - at least it's not going to get you into trouble, compared to telling her you have a sexual interest in balloons, which is going to freak her out hugely, no matter how innocent that fetish interest may be. The words "sexual" and "fetish" don't tend to go down well, with uninformed adults, who aren't hugely open-minded.

Again, best of luck, and hopefully this will help you out, and you can then move on. I understand that being at home, is very hard, when you have a fetish, and you want to indulge in that fetish. But I think in your specific case, you may have to just indulge in it less, and make sure that you only indulge in it, when it's genuinely safe to do so, and when no one is going to see you.

Don't rock the boat when you're living under your parent's roof, when it comes to having a fetish. Hide it, keep it secret, and try to keep it under control. Parents can be very inquisitive, very nosey, and in some instances, real buggers! LOL

Don't give people any ammunition to use against you. As hard as it can be keeping your fetish hidden, and under control, this is what you are going to have to do for the time being at least. You really don't want your family discovering something that you don't want them to know, because once they know, or once they are certain of something, then you could find the fact that they know even more stressful.

Once that bell is rung, you can't unring it. So this is the time to placate your Mum with something she can handle, and you are okay with telling her, that isn't an outright lie.

Anyway, I hope that helps you a bit more. Feel free to post again, if you need any more help/advice.
              Last edited by Vicci; 25-06-2019, 16:48. Reason: Thread housekeeping

Comment

• Jimmy22
                Banned
                • May 2017

If you truly believe this sad tale then that says a lot about you as a person. If I was in the shower and I heard someone trying to break in with a coat hanger I’d shout out. More to the point my sister would have thought that it’s occupied I’ll come back later, not phwoar I wanna see my bro naked. Having said that, maybe he wanted to be caught by his sister for whatever thrill he’d get from that. Now waiting for thread update saying he’s a mute and talks via sign language.
                Last edited by Vicci; 25-06-2019, 16:49. Reason: Thread housekeeping

Comment

• LoonLover1999

You say he’d hear the door being picked open, what if he had water running or his mind is pre-occupied. You may also be surprised to hear that some families are at peace with family members being naked and are used to seeing it. This is like my family. So there goes your theory about the story being fake as I have provided logical reasons the flaws you identified could happen.

I understand and feel for the OP as my story is similar. I did reveal myself to my family but before I did I had numerous close calls with parents opening my bedroom door. I don’t have siblings so I can’t say how that factor effects things.
                  Last edited by Vicci; 25-06-2019, 16:50. Reason: Thread housekeeping

Comment

• Vicci
                    Blown to bits
                    • Oct 2009

Whoa, you guys had a fun afternoon judging by my email inbox and private messages.

I've tidied this up a bit - play nicely, thanks.
                    Vicci x

Comment

• Cho
                      • Mar 2019

I would admit that you have balloons around in your room/whereever you hide them. But as BalloonBoyUK said, I would tell her a different reason, why you have them, like the mentioned stress relief idea. Another option would be to admit what you were actually doing with the balloon. I don't know neither of you nor your mother, and especially not your relationship. But it would give you more options to live out your fetish, e.g. ordering balloons without the wory others might find them and ask you about it.

@Slugamano I think you got the optimal reaction. No embarassing talk and free suply. Only the "I-know-you-know"-situation.

Comment

• Slugamano
                        • Jul 2016

Originally posted by Cho
                        @Slugamano I think you got the optimal reaction. No embarassing talk and free suply. Only the "I-know-you-know"-situation.
                        I agree...

Comment

• 7balloon
                          • Dec 2018

I'm an out looner so I can say it's not that bad. Everyone, including my in-laws knows about my fetish. They don't really have any idea what that means other than I really like balloons and it's probably something sexual.

It might be the same for your family. Hope it turns out well.

Hope it turns out well for you.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Jimmy22
                            If you truly believe this sad tale then that says a lot about you as a person. If I was in the shower and I heard someone trying to break in with a coat hanger I’d shout out. More to the point my sister would have thought that it’s occupied I’ll come back later, not phwoar I wanna see my bro naked. Having said that, maybe he wanted to be caught by his sister for whatever thrill he’d get from that. Now waiting for thread update saying he’s a mute and talks via sign language.
                            @Jimmy22. I don't know whether the 22 represents your age, or supposed I.Q., but irrespective, I've reported your post... again. You need to either shut up and keep your odious comments to yourself, or kindly leave the Forum! Either way, I don't care which!

Your behaviour is utterly degrading and distasteful. Your comments, especially the ones I've highlighted in bold, demonstrate every reason why you should in all honesty be thrown out of the group and banned forever more! What you are doing is just wrong, in every way possible!

Comment

• wildheart
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
                              @Jimmy22. I don't know whether the 22 represents your age, or supposed I.Q., but irrespective, I've reported your post... again. You need to either shut up and keep your odious comments to yourself, or kindly leave the Forum! Either way, I don't care which!

Your behaviour is utterly degrading and distasteful. Your comments, especially the ones I've highlighted in bold, demonstrate every reason why you should in all honesty be thrown out of the group and banned forever more! What you are doing is just wrong, in every way possible!
                              I agree, but posts like that aren’t going to help the issue. Best course of action is to ignore him. Arguing with or insulting an Internet troll is what they want. I’m not sure if he’s trying to be an arsehole on purpose to provoke everyone, or if he’s just like that.
                              How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                              My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍