Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balloonpop_ks
    • Mar 2023

How common are Ballons in your country?

I would like to know, how common is the usage of Ballons in non fetish relation where you live?

Over here in Germany, it changed a lot since my childhood/ youth.

Back in the days advertising balloons where everywhere, also they often used bigger ones.
    Nowadays it's very rare to see some.

Also at the carnival parties they had massive balloon drops, masspopping was normal. Nowadays: silence.

Also as a kid toy they are on retreat. We often had balloons, up to an age of 15, 16 years.

How are your experiences? Are there special occasions where Ballons are used very often?
  • AJK64
    • Jun 2018

Re: How common are Ballons in your country?

Here in the uk they are definitely rarer than in the past. I still see advertising balloons occasionally in shops but very rarely now. Particularly in the 90s nd early 2000s balloons were everywhere. You could walk through the high street back then and see balloons in shops, being handed out with helium in etc.

There were no clubs in my city this year at new year having balloon drops either.

It's such a shame. I think covid has definitely played a part on making them rarer. Environmental concerns too.

Comment

• yet_another_aussie
      • Dec 2019

I can only echo both your posts for Australia unfortunately. They weren't hugely popular but were widespread in retail and there were often air filled balloons in shops. Now I think for special sales I see balloons but nothing done at any sort of scale.

Car dealers long ago switched to the beachballs on sticks balloons.

There used to be a coffee shop and the owner often had a jumbo helium balloon attached to his sign out the front but that's changed owners, so no more pastel pretty loons around there.

Comment

• Balloonpop_ks
        • Mar 2023

Sad to hear, that in many countries it's the same.

Hopefully someone can tell different things. My hope is on Spain and Italy maybe.

Comment

• b0f0s0f
          • Nov 2016

Same in the US, and I'm not sure why. Parades and school carnivals and stuff used to be full of balloons, and now seem to not be. I wonder why? I don't mind too much since it's not like balloons will cease to exit, and I don't personally get any enjoyment out of seeing them in public (still phobic, and my fetish isn't really relevant in a non-sexual context). It seems like maybe it's due to concerns over helium balloons being released and flying into places they shouldn't. Maybe we'll see a return to air-filled balloons like it was before helium balloons were as common.

Comment

• condensatelover
            • Jan 2022

In Russia the balloons are rare for public use, but every birthday or school celebration is supported by 11 or 12 inch loons which usually get oxidised by the end of the day. You can sometimes hear pops, but nothing special...

Comment

• MylarLover
              Mylar Balloon Lover
              • Apr 2023

when I grew up in the 90s and early 00s, Mylar balloons were very rare here in Denmark and places only had latex balloons outside of amusement parks and as a teenager I had to ask my dad to order Mylar Balloons from the USA and UK for me. Mylar balloons became more common here in the 2010s but not as common as in USA and UK.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎