How Comfortable are you with Popping Balloons in Public?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Black_Bear
    • May 2013

How Comfortable are you with Popping Balloons in Public?

What is the most you would do? I've done a few b2p's on 16" Qualatex balloons lately and I know people have seen me as I'm doing them. But I still get nervous as I am doing them alone. No one ever said anything to me at all. Had one pop (not b2p) while a group of people were very nearby and no one said anything at all. I really like the idea of an audience but I dont know how weird it looks. Any ideas to help get over the feeling weird about? Bigger balloons are becoming more of a normal thing in my city, but a b2p on one is not. Plus, Qualatex 16 b2ps are super loud and super violent.
    Attached Files
  • ShredFox
    • Mar 2019

Re: How Comfortable are you with Popping Balloons in Public?

I never even thought about going anywhere public with the intention of popping balloons. Doing so with balloons in front of a store or something like that is of course nothing I'd do, because they aren't mine. And bringing my own ones just to pop them in public would feel pretty weird I guess. Moreover, I think I'd feel like people would see me as a dumbass teen that just wants to trash stuff and provoke others. Any reactions I can imagine would feel strange I guess. Old folks reminding me to pick up the litter afterwards or something for example, I don't know.

How about you, why do you go public? Does it give you a kick or something? (This isn't supposed to sound like I judge you because I don't. I'm genuinely interested in knowing what makes this special to you )

One exception is parties where there are balloons and enough people around. Then it's very likely that someone else will pop one sooner or later anyway, and I usually don't hesitate to join in :P
    Last edited by ShredFox; 27-07-2019, 10:12.

Comment

• Black_Bear
      • May 2013

It's hard to explain I guess. I moved in with my gf recently, and while I do have occasional freedom, it is a basement suite so popping is not an option. Unfortunately it is all I like doing. So I go to a nearby park instead. I do tie balloons to soccer nets and try and hit them as targets with a soccer ball or frisbee. I know that part of it isn't weird lol. But I'm curious if b2p is. All the balloons in those pics are after I was doing some form of work out though. I don't sit there and just inflate a balloon straightaway or anything.

Comment

• Blowitbig
        • Jan 2016

Those are some beautiful balloons , thank u for sharing
        The bigger the better

Comment

• SusieDK
          • Dec 2017

I for one would absolutely love to blow to pop balloons in public. It would be a great way to show off how 'brave' I have become with balloons. This might sound weird, but as I was phobic about balloons when I was little and also during my early teens it became something very desirable for me to become just as 'brave' with balloons as everybody else seemed to be. Along the way I found out that not everybody were as 'brave' as I thought - actually I soon became a lot more 'brave' myself. As strange as it might sound this is somethinbg I am quite proud of, - only it is also something I cannot really tell people. However I can now and then 'demonstrate' it, and blowing to pop a balloon in public would be a great way.
          The only problem is that I would never do it just like that, because I would not risk people thinking me being totally weird. This means I would need to have a perfect excuse for doing it. It wouldn't need to be something special, - if I could initiate a situation of doing it for fun together with a friend like just being silly it would be all fine - and all perfect.

I have often done this 'show-off' in what could be called semi-public situations like at parties and such, and quite some people know I am somewhat extraordinarily fond of balloons and also quite childish, but I can live with that. Making people gaze and maybe even cringe and hold their ears is so much fun and makes me feel so cool.

The sexual part however belongs exclusively to the private sphere, and only my husband knows about it.

So yes, - I would love to blow to pop balloons in public. Just there has to be some excuse for doing so, I could never do it 'just like that' for no apparant reason at all.

Thank you for reading my posting.

Sincerely
          Susie

Comment

• srob2
            • Dec 2017

Depends on the situation. I've seen people handing out uninflated balloons as advertisements and people blowing them up, playing with them and some popping, and done a few b2ps.

But to randomly bring balloons to a crowd, or start popping car lot decorations, is inappropriate.

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
              • Jul 2017

I've blown a few to popping at various times in the park during lunch, but my favorite time to blow and or pop balloons is at parties!

Comment

• Asclepio
                • Sep 2018

I usually don't try to blow to pop balloon in public, even if you think it as just blow a balloons you also can't deny that our loons are bigger and almos no one inflate them with a big neck as we do, so even if it doesn't looks sexual at all, there is always something different around someone who is blowing very big loons in public places.
                Plus I would get a boner so....... bad idea hahahaha
                A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• PBK
                  • Mar 2019

I've seen people do it at parties and of course those blow to pop contests like they have at bars and Oktoberfest events. I've also seen it done at events where they give free balloons away. Usually promotional events and the balloons are printed.
                  I guess like anything else it's time and place. A random person blowing a random balloon to pop in a random crowd of people might, at best, seem weird. In the United States of America where mass shootings seem to be a daily occurrence it might cause a panic if the pops are loud enough.

With students on edge about guns in schools, the sound of a balloon popping caused middle school students to run from a dance in Jessamine County Friday night.

Comment

• Orzel
                    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by srob2
                    Depends on the situation. I've seen people handing out uninflated balloons as advertisements and people blowing them up, playing with them and some popping, and done a few b2ps.

But to randomly bring balloons to a crowd, or start popping car lot decorations, is inappropriate.
                    Yeah, I think in my case it would just look weird and would draw too much attention. Plus weird boner, haha.
                    That said, I'm kinda-sorta tempted to do something with balloons in some semi-public places - but again, I wouldn't dare to do it all alone and just randomly like that.

Originally posted by PBK
                    I've seen people do it at parties and of course those blow to pop contests like they have at bars and Oktoberfest events. I've also seen it done at events where they give free balloons away. Usually promotional events and the balloons are printed.
                    I guess like anything else it's time and place. A random person blowing a random balloon to pop in a random crowd of people might, at best, seem weird. In the United States of America where mass shootings seem to be a daily occurrence it might cause a panic if the pops are loud enough.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/...204479759.html
                    Oh yeah, that's another valid reason not to do that. I'm afraid of getting into actual troubles.
                    Last edited by Orzel; 28-07-2019, 21:22.

Comment

• Katielynn
                      Expert Blower
                      • May 2012

I think it’s only weird if you make it weird (i.e., the boner comments, hehe. Sorry guys, but that’s just funny to me!).

Anyway, I think you need to be virtuous to others and not intentionally create loud booms where some people may be bothered or frightened by them (like in a mall or something), but I don’t see what the problem is otherwise. I’ve seen people blowing up balloons quite large before I even knew what a balloon fetish was, and I thought nothing of it. They were just people out having fun.

That said, I almost always bring a handful of standard size balloons with me to concerts our outdoor festivals and stuff to blow up and bat around. People seem to think they’re fun. Often I’ll get carried away and “forget” to stop blowing. Oops!
                      I love to hear the BOOM!

Comment

• Black_Bear
                        • May 2013

One of the main issues here is that I dont have anyone who would join me. My gf knows I like balloons, but she has no interest in them at all. It would be so nice to meet someone in my city that would casually play with them with me lol, but I've asked on many platforms and everyone who is from my city doesnt like to pop them.
                        But as you say Katie, I didnt make the situations weird, I just blew them up quite big without caring. But continuing on to a b2p made me second guess it.
                        I don't live in a city where a balloon pop would be mistaken for a gunshot unless in a confined area. Outside would not cause issues.

Comment

• craggy2012
                          • Jan 2012

I’ve blow 2 pop in public before after we’d been messing around with helium balloons at the table in a TGI Friday restaurant, but let’s say the beers had kicked in somewhat as usually I’m a wuss when it comes to deliberately blow to popping something. It’s odd really though as I’m totally fine with sit to popping or rough riding- I just fear blow to pops. Weird hey lol!

Comment

• wiselstorm
                            • Oct 2017

I mostly do outside pops alone,in the forest. I can do feetpops and nailpops mostly.Never did a BTP outside though !

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            😂
                            🥰
                            😘
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😞
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎